Refunds

please please give us a f***ing resheduled gig Moz....and to the person who said Morrissey doesn't need to do these big gigs anymore, I'm telling you that that the liverpool gig was shaping up to be absolutely fantastic.

Agreed on both counts.

C'mon, new date pleeeeease :guitar:

I really hope you guys get a show.
:)

I lost out at Swindon but it was early enough to grab a ticket for elsewhere, i really do feel for anyone in the same boat at the end of the UK tour as thats just not an option.

I also hope you get a different venue. The atmosphere and booing/chanting after swindon was a real downer and i'm now kinda glad for the man he did not have to go back there.

If his PR people earn 1p of their money they will have seen the fan threads here about him walking off, the police thread, and have they will have seen the masses of very nasty fan feedback pasted over the net from that gig. Sure there are good folk that care, there are annoyed folk, but there are also pages and pages of pure venom up there to see.

Anyone working for the Moz camp would IMO be nuts to tell him to play the Echo again. Also (and this is not good for anyone), by making liverpool tickets valid for a future gig, they can read here the views of all the 'C***' and 'I hate him now' folk, all holding tickets, that they will be inviting back to face Morrissey.

I wish for you guys what i wished for myself after swindon: that my ticket would prove to be valid for a future date elsewhere. Seems to be what you want to.

Hope you get it. It's not too far to hop over from Dublin, if the venue was there.

:)

Last edited:
I think its important not to get carried away, people say a lot of horrible things in the heat of the moment, even I did becos I was just so gutted.

I think its important not to get carried away, people say a lot of horrible things in the heat of the moment, even I did becos I was just so gutted.

Exactly

I also caused a few arguments with people by saying 'you werent there, so you've got no right to an opinion'.

But these people who can name not one morrissey Song but still think your in the wrong to be upset.

Everyone should have a right to be upset and express there feelings without being made me feel bad over it :)

Just maybe not infront of people who would kill you for dissing moz :p

Exactly

I also caused a few arguments with people by saying 'you werent there, so you've got no right to an opinion'.

But these people who can name not one morrissey Song but still think your in the wrong to be upset.

Everyone should have a right to be upset and express there feelings without being made me feel bad over it :)

Just maybe not infront of people who would kill you for dissing moz :p

could have done with a 'vent your spleen' thread..which was then subsquently deleted to avoid embarassment:D

I bought my tickets at an exaggerated price off ebay, after so enjoying the gig in May at the Barrowlands (I took my 13 yr old daughter who loved it. Weird as I was 13yrs old at my first ever gig - Smiths at the Magnum in Irvine). I justified the time and expense of travelling to Liverpool from Scotland as a birthday present to myself - I could go on.....everyone there (except 1) invested hopes and expectations of a brilliant night and that's certainly how it looked it was heading at the outset. I don't expect the enterprising profiteers on ebay to refund beyond the face value, however that really doesn't cover it on any level. The whole situation was so utterly shite - and could have been salvaged. Like so many others I'm immensely dissapointed - but I'd much rather have another gig.

I can't uinderstand the repetition of a bottle as the offending object - quite clearly a plastic pint glass- lucky for him it wasn't one of the empty glass half bottles of vodka that I saw strewn on the floor as I was leaving that got flung. :squiffy: then there really would've been justification for cancelling. Ban the booze !

To be fair I though the security at the arena was the tightest I have ever had at a Moz concert. They almost creates a crush on the way in by stopping and searching people and emptying bottles so i think its harsh to blame the venue. Fools will always find a way..............

If your definition of 'tight' is not even being patted down when entering the Arena then it was the tightest security I've ever see. :rolleyes:

I could have carried anything in.

I can't uinderstand the repetition of a bottle as the offending object - quite clearly a plastic pint glass- lucky for him it wasn't one of the empty glass half bottles of vodka that I saw strewn on the floor as I was leaving that got flung. :squiffy: then there really would've been justification for cancelling. Ban the booze !

You can't say that. :rolleyes: I've been vilified for saying the security was very lapse and more so for saying that there was lots of bottles in the Arena.

I can personally vouch for the security being atrocious on the way in....me and my friends were not searched in any way....Did not see any glass bottles on sale in there though....But I'm sure there were a few "Smugglers" bringing their own....

I can personally vouch for the security being atrocious on the way in....me and my friends were not searched in any way....Did not see any glass bottles on sale in there though....But I'm sure there were a few "Smugglers" bringing their own....

The security was also lax on the way into the riverside entrance. My bag was not searched. To be honest I've witnessed the security there and some of them are not bothered. When the announcement came over the PA that the show wouldn't continue, a group of them seemed to think is was a massive laugh. I suppose that meant an early dart home for them!

I went to see Eddie Izzard a few weeks back and the security was much tighter. Odd considering it was a much quieter crowd and it was all-seated.

People will always bring their own booze because of the extortionate bar prices.

...I met one of the "Staff" in a pub just after the gig....he had a official "Morrissey Swords tour:WORKING" pass on his shirt........he turned out to be an UTTER CNUT....and eemed to have found the whole Incident at the gig Hilariously "Funny".....Prick....

10 Nov 09

Morrissey - Echo Arena Liverpool - Saturday 7 November

Event organisers are working with the artistes representatives to explore all ways of restaging the abandoned concert. There are significant issues to resolve but a final decision will be made imminently over whether a new show is possible.

In the event this cannot be rearranged due to scheduling problems a full refund will be offered to all customers who purchased tickets from the authorised outlets. Organisers appreciate your patience while we work to try and resolve.

Information regarding refund process and / or any new date will be posted on venue website / www.gigsandtours.com and notified directly to customers where possible by email.

thank you

I notice the first para of the statement on the website has changed slightly. They've removed the significant issues (in all senses let's hope :D) and added in a line about ruining everyone including Morrissey's evening.

Event organisers are working with the artistes representatives to explore all ways of restaging the abandoned concert. Everyone involved in the show is deeply upset that the actions of one individual have spoiled the evening for the thousands of genuine fans and for Morrissey himself.

I notice the first para of the statement on the website has changed slightly. They've removed the significant issues (in all senses let's hope :D) and added in a line about ruining everyone including Morrissey's evening.

Event organisers are working with the artistes representatives to explore all ways of restaging the abandoned concert. Everyone involved in the show is deeply upset that the actions of one individual have spoiled the evening for the thousands of genuine fans and for Morrissey himself.

What could this mean, what could this mean?

Back
Top Bottom