Morrissey Central "Regrets." (July 11, 2023)

IMG_9033.jpeg

“I had booked Windmill Lane Studios in Dublin … I had booked the band, and Tony Visconti … and suddenly a message came through to have dinner with Prince that very night at The Clarence in Dublin. I couldn’t go. I felt sick. It was my only chance. I thought I’d have another … but so soon the living are dead. Prince … I am so sorry.”
-Morrissey.

Last edited:
I know Morrissey once referred to Prince as being a dwarf dipped in a bucket of glue and pubic hair. However we are all guilty of slating an artist without actually sitting down and listening. I am sure Morrissey probably in time listened to Prince and his genius muscianship with awe. I don't own a prince album but can appreciate his genius. I am sure Morrissey felt something similar over time.

Moz says he couldn't go to dinner with Prince because he felt "sick"... And why don't I reschedule dinner.? Surely it was not out of fear, foolish because of his criminally vulgar shyness. Maybe he didn't dare. Moz said that he didn't dare to approach people he admired very much, I don't remember how many times the same thing happened to him. Poor fool Mozulisss. 😍 ❤️🥹

Prince played Malahide Castle in July 2011 - so I reckon you're spot on.

Of course, Moz also regrets not being able to attend that dinner and implies that Prince died shortly after. And that's in the 2010s in that decade.Creo.

Moz says he couldn't go to dinner with Prince because he felt "sick"... And why don't I reschedule dinner.? Surely it was not out of fear, foolish because of his criminally vulgar shyness. Maybe he didn't dare. Moz said that he didn't dare to approach people he admired very much, I don't remember how many times the same thing happened to him. Poor fool Mozulisss. 😍 ❤️🥹
I don't know if he's saying he couldn't go because he felt sick. Possibly he's saying he felt sick because he couldn't go. It's a little ambiguous.

I know Morrissey once referred to Prince as being a dwarf dipped in a bucket of glue and pubic hair. However we are all guilty of slating an artist without actually sitting down and listening. I am sure Morrissey probably in time listened to Prince and his genius muscianship with awe. I don't own a prince album but can appreciate his genius. I am sure Morrissey felt something similar over time.
Well, he sampled him on Maudlin Street.

Can't play gigs. I feel sick.

Can't have dinner with Prince. I feel sick.

I know Morrissey once referred to Prince as being a dwarf dipped in a bucket of glue and pubic hair.

Actually, that was Boy George that said that.

However we are all guilty of slating an artist without actually sitting down and listening. I am sure Morrissey probably in time listened to Prince and his genius muscianship with awe. I don't own a prince album but can appreciate his genius. I am sure Morrissey felt something similar over time.

would be nice, but I wonder.

Can't play gigs. I feel sick.

Can't have dinner with Prince. I feel sick.

Spent The Day In Bed should be his signature song now, not EILS.

I miss Prince, he was amazing, put out so much music, such a talented person.
He played with Tom Petty, Jeff Lynne and Steve Winwood on a version of While my guitar gently weeps for a George Harrison tribute show, on that stage full of stars he showed them all how its done, God bless you Prince.

That was a fantastic performance! Tom and Jeff were in the Traveling Wilburys with George. Dhani, George's son, was also on stage playing guitar. At one point during Prince's incredibly long solo (ending the song), he leans off of the stage only to be nudged back up by either security or one of the camera crew maybe. I'm sure Prince was honored to be there, to honor the man who was the secret to the success of The Beatles.

Prince was unreal talented, and also worked himself into the grave. He was so innovative and had such a DIY mentality. Also, he launched careers for several artists/his contemporaries from the Minneapolis area, and wrote tracks for other artists too. I can totally understand the Prince/Morrissey connection, at least with the 'industry outsider' thing and their sophisticated intellects.

That was a fantastic performance! Tom and Jeff were in the Traveling Wilburys with George. Dhani, George's son, was also on stage playing guitar. At one point during Prince's incredibly long solo (ending the song), he leans off of the stage only to be nudged back up by either security or one of the camera crew maybe. I'm sure Prince was honored to be there, to honor the man who was the secret to the success of The Beatles.

Prince was unreal talented, and also worked himself into the grave. He was so innovative and had such a DIY mentality. Also, he launched careers for several artists/his contemporaries from the Minneapolis area, and wrote tracks for other artists too. I can totally understand the Prince/Morrissey connection, at least with the 'industry outsider' thing and their sophisticated intellects.
Absolutely, all the Vanity 6, Time, Jill Jones and Appolonia lps are great too, all sound like Prince, but still great

Great choice! I love that track and most of that album.

Tool is great btw. I don't know how much further they can push their music though.

They pushed Pushit to the Salival rendition, so they still may be able to yet! I agree everything after Lateralus has sounded samey (except for Descending; that song is something else).

I remember being in woodwork class in 2004 saying to a friend, "How are they possibly going to make something better than Lateralus?" ...and of course, they didn't.

I prefer Michael Jackson. Better songwriter, better singer, better dancer, better showmanship. Prince was a proficient musician/instrumentalist, who could play some crazy solos, but that’s not very interesting. Not saying he didn’t write some good songs, god knows he did, but let’s not kid ourselves. There are those that are superior.

Moz should take a note on Prince about the use of Internet to distribute music..

Not much about digital sale cause i and probably a lot of you still buy cds and vynils but he could be a way to finally sold " Bonfire Of Teenagers" and " Without Music The World Dies" without dealing with shit ass company.

Even Pearl Jam have this cool Ten club where you can find Updates, Lives, Pre sales and etc... i mean that's the best way to Morrissey to go in 2023 while his fanbase is still strong

I prefer Michael Jackson. Better songwriter, better singer, better dancer, better showmanship. Prince was a proficient musician/instrumentalist, who could play some crazy solos, but that’s not very interesting. Not saying he didn’t write some good songs, god knows he did, but let’s not kid ourselves. There are those that are superior.
Agreed. The greatness of "Off the wall" is unsung and Thriller stood the test of time. My whole life, I collected singles. 7", 12" or 5". More than abums, tbh. Prince had some wonderful singles, that were not overplayed (Dolphins, Raspberry Beret, Gold, Yesterday's papers) but I never felt the need to buy an album.

Agreed. The greatness of "Off the wall" is unsung and Thriller stood the test of time. My whole life, I collected singles. 7", 12" or 5". More than abums, tbh. Prince had some wonderful singles, that were not overplayed (Dolphins, Raspberry Beret, Gold, Yesterday's papers) but I never felt the need to buy an album.
Definitely. OtW and Thriller are unparalleled. There are no albums in the Prince canon that come close to that richness in musicianship, pop sensibility and first class production.

I wonder if Morrissey imagines that having had dinner they would've bummed afterwards and that's why the regret. I can't see that that would've happened, moz, so no use tearing yourself up about it! You had about as much of a chance with prince as Fiona or Julia have with you!

agree,his performance at motown 25 was simply superb.

as
I wonder if Morrissey imagines that having had dinner they would've bummed afterwards and that's why the regret. I can't see that that would've happened, moz, so no use tearing yourself up about it! You had about as much of a chance with prince as Fiona or Julia have with you!
is it as much chance of you having a bunk up with nicky wire.

Back
Top Bottom