Morrissey Central "Regrets." (July 11, 2023)

IMG_9033.jpeg

“I had booked Windmill Lane Studios in Dublin … I had booked the band, and Tony Visconti … and suddenly a message came through to have dinner with Prince that very night at The Clarence in Dublin. I couldn’t go. I felt sick. It was my only chance. I thought I’d have another … but so soon the living are dead. Prince … I am so sorry.”
-Morrissey.

Last edited:
I wonder if Morrissey imagines that having had dinner they would've bummed afterwards and that's why the regret. I can't see that that would've happened, moz, so no use tearing yourself up about it! You had about as much of a chance with prince as Fiona or Julia have with you!
Well well....we've seen Morrissey sinking lows never could have imagined so I wouldn't bet :)

I don't wanna bunk up with nicky wire, babe of all time though he may be. He's a wholesome family man. That tawdriness is not for nicky.
him and his wife split up yesterday,you could be his next honeypie.

Nottingham, I'm sorry too.
It’s mildly surprising how people have indulged an unlikely pleasant intention behind this lightly coded message—and engaged in speculations about the detail of the missed dinner date with Prince.

As you suggest, it seems to be a snub to those fans who feel aggrieved about the Nottingham cancellation: ‘I’m not sorry’.

It might be that I’m becoming cynical in my dotage. But it seems absolutely crystal to me.

Definitely. OtW and Thriller are unparalleled. There are no albums in the Prince canon that come close to that richness in musicianship, pop sensibility and first class production.

considering that Prince basically did it on his own, I feel the two are not comparable.

It’s mildly surprising how people have indulged an unlikely pleasant intention behind this lightly coded message—and engaged in speculations about the detail of the missed dinner date with Prince.

As you suggest, it seems to be a snub to those fans who feel aggrieved about the Nottingham cancellation: ‘I’m not sorry’.

It might be that I’m becoming cynical in my dotage. But it seems absolutely crystal to me.
Don't be sad. The rest of the small herd eats out of his hand with or without Nottingham. Being lazy is also worth something.

Prince played Dublin in June 92, March 95, and October 2002. (Of course it needn't necessarily have been tied to a tour date, but seems more likely?)
I guess the key word or name would be TONY VISCONTI. Come on now. Columbo, you will never be.

Why would that matter? It’s the end result that matters.

think about it.

The point is, that without the team, Michael wouldn’t have given you the result that matters to you. Where Prince could give a result that matters to his fans without a team.

There is indeed a difference in talent. Which is why in this comparison, Prince is the superior talent.

End of.

Maybe instead of "rats" he sings of "regrets" today...You have become the spawn of optimism
You have become the spawn of optimism.
Maybe he lets Carmen and Camila sing "Notre Dame" and can avoid possible heckling by beating his tambourine for 4 minutes. The message counts!

You have become the spawn of optimism.
Maybe he lets Carmen and Camila sing "Notre Dame" and can avoid possible heckling by beating his tambourine for 4 minutes. The message counts!
Hahah me? Never!!! Just imagined him growling "regrets" over and over again with all the fog and red light that would be quite the message :LOL:

Oh yes, but in French please

I personally think any person experiencing the state of being in regret is going on a fools mission.

The past is the past, imo. Whats done has been done.

Look up.

Take flight.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom