Missy Elliott
Rage Against the Machine
Sheryl Crow
Soundgarden
The Spinners
Warren Zevon
The White Stripes
Willie Nelson

A diverse list of names. Good to see Joy Division and New Order on the list for the first time.
Strange that The Smiths still have yet to be inducted, as they were nominated as early as 2015/2016.

A Tribe Called Quest
Cyndi Lauper
George Michael
Iron Maiden
Joy Division/New Order
Kate Bush
Missy Elliott
Rage Against the Machine
Sheryl Crow
Soundgarden
The Spinners
Warren Zevon
The White Stripes
Willie Nelson

A diverse list of names. Good to see Joy Division and New Order on the list for the first time.
Strange that The Smiths still have yet to be inducted, as they were nominated as early as 2015/2016.

Surprised Willie isn’t already on there, he’s not getting younger! Nice to see Kates name on there. Not that it means much to be inducted, besides being noticed or remembered, I guess.

It’s something I just never thought would happen. Thank you so much to everyone who voted for me. It means a great deal that you would think of me. It’s such a huge honour. Now, as part of the initiation ceremony, I get to find out about the secret handshake … there is one, right?

:lbf: love Kate !

A fairly substantial list of 20 acts who snubbed the Hall of Fame, with profiles and pictures, a Morrissey mention under the New York Dolls entry, and another entry about The Smiths (they have to get the dig in though):

1688153749734.png

FILE -- Morrissey at Radio City Music Hall in New York, Oct. 10, 2012. Steven Patrick Morrissey of Manchester, England, former singer for the Smiths, released his autobiography, published in England as a Penguin Classics paperback in October 2013. (Richard Perry/The New York Times)NYT

12. The Smiths​

Eligible since: 2009

Nominations: 2

Why Yes: To see The Smiths continued multi-generational influence and love, look no further than the recent Glastonbury Festival, where Rick Astley (yeah, the “Never Gona Give You Up” Rickroll guy) performed a set of The Smiths songs with the band Blossoms. The fans in the crowd, many of whom were unborn during the band’s heyday, enthusiastically sang along to every single melancholy, dissolute word. ..

A Tribe Called Quest
Cyndi Lauper
George Michael
Iron Maiden
Joy Division/New Order
Kate Bush
Missy Elliott
Rage Against the Machine
Sheryl Crow
Soundgarden
The Spinners
Warren Zevon
The White Stripes
Willie Nelson

No muppet nuppet drummer again this year,afix,a fix

Back
Top Bottom