Russell Brand

It's wild to me in an era where mainstream media and various goverments have been caught lying time and time again in the most blatant and shameless ways, the "crazy conspiracy theorist" label is still tossed around so easily. There has never been a time in my life more than now where you should be questioning everything. You'd be a true fool not to be.
I’ve asked a number of times in this thread and others for people to point out exactly what are these ‘wild conspiracy theories’ and no one ever can LOL

Again, biased reporting. There are no criminal charges here. A woman is suing Brand via a civil action for undisclosed damages - in relation to alleged behaviour in 2011. Very dubious. I'd be very surprised if this allegation goes anywhere.

Again, biased reporting. There are no criminal charges here. A woman is suing Brand via a civil action for undisclosed damages - in relation to alleged behaviour in 2011. Very dubious. I'd be very surprised if this allegation goes anywhere.
How is this biased reporting? Demonstrate where in the text the author expresses a personal opinion or, by an uneven selection of material, propounds a bias.

How is this biased reporting? Demonstrate where in the text the author expresses a personal opinion or, by an uneven selection of material, propounds a bias.
Stating 'Brand accused of sexual assault' suggests he faces criminal charges. Whereas that is not the case - this is a civil case and a suit for damages.

Stating 'Brand accused of sexual assault' suggests he faces criminal charges. Whereas that is not the case - this is a civil case and a suit for damages.
That's a comical stretch. Brand has been accused of sexual assault -- not even in the press or person-to-person but via legal charges. I wouldn't know how to write that sentence more objectively. How would you?

That's a comical stretch. Brand has been accused of sexual assault -- not even in the press or person-to-person but via legal charges. I wouldn't know how to write that sentence more objectively. How would you?
This is a civil case so one party is suing the other for damages. He hasn't been charged with a criminal offence. This isn't a criminal case. The headline was intentionally misleading - that's my point. Anyone reading the headline would think that Brand has been charged with sexual assault. Whereas in fact he hasn't been.

It's not biased, it's perfectly fine and 100% accurate. He's been accused of sexual assault. Accused is not reserved for criminal matters. There is nothing misleading about it.

It's not biased, it's perfectly fine and 100% accurate. He's been accused of sexual assault. Accused is not reserved for criminal matters. There is nothing misleading about it.
It's about how words are used and interpreted. Journalism is very good at using words in such a way that they are not strictly speaking untrue, thereby avoiding libel, but are misleading, in order to create perception. That's my point.

In other news, I'm enjoying watching the Essex serpent, but I'm quite surprised, it's not about Russell Brand so far.

It's just anything swishing about the internet doing numbers.

Anti-vaxx, the MSM lies to impose one hidden political agenda, the deep state is out to get Trump, Ukraine is bad, Bill Gates is using health care to control people, the moon is made of cheese.... whatever...

Even if he wanted to - he's got no time to research - so anything true is accidental. He's in the bullshit industry.

20231226_085508.jpg

Interesting new video interview by Tucker Carlson of Russell Brand

https://tuckercarlson.com/the-tucke...ll-brand/?mc_cid=255abb6b7d&mc_eid=cb009e1e09

Interesting, I'm going to watch this today.

It's amazing (well not really), that we've heard nothing substantial in the press since the initial accusations.

During that time, Russell has apparently been interviewed by police several times.

There are currently no reports regarding the outcome of the investigation, though it's possibly still ongoing.

If charges are not brought, I wonder if the media will choose to report the fact.

Either way, the trial by media damage has already been done.

Whether the allegations are true or not, I find it ridiculous that this is the witch burning world we now live in.

Literally anyone can be targeted at any time, with allegations that could have been fabricated. If that happens to someone who is actually innocent, it will be too late because the media and public will have already executed them.

Interesting, I'm going to watch this today.

It's amazing (well not really), that we've heard nothing substantial in the press since the initial accusations.

During that time, Russell has apparently been interviewed by police several times.

There are currently no reports regarding the outcome of the investigation, though it's possibly still ongoing.

If charges are not brought, I wonder if the media will choose to report the fact.

Either way, the trial by media damage has already been done.

Whether the allegations are true or not, I find it ridiculous that this is the witch burning world we now live in.

Literally anyone can be targeted at any time, with allegations that could have been fabricated. If that happens to someone who is actually innocent, it will be too late because the media and public will have already executed them.

I'm surprised Morrissey hasn't been a target yet, given the ever-increasing media animosity towards him. There seems to be a fair old amount of 'beneath-the-radar' scuttlebutt doing the rounds about him. Of course, if he really has lived the life of a monk for 40 years, maybe the witch hunters just feel there are easier pickings.

I'm surprised Morrissey hasn't been a target yet, given the ever-increasing media animosity towards him. There seems to be a fair old amount of 'beneath-the-radar' scuttlebutt doing the rounds about him. Of course, if he really has lived the life of a monk for 40 years, maybe the witch hunters just feel there are easier pickings.
You mean in regards to historical alleged sex crimes?
Well that’s the great thing about him, he’ll never be targeted by #metoo.

Has he ever even had sex?

You mean in regards to historical alleged sex crimes?
Well that’s the great thing about him, he’ll never be targeted by #metoo.

Has he ever even had sex?

Yes, by the 90s he clarified that he was no longer celibate.

We know he had two boyfriends - Jake & an Italian.

And one girlfriend - Tina.

And people think he might have been in a relationship with Damon since the late 00s.

And if we're going to get disgusting - James Brown (ex NME features editor), Steve Sutherland (ex NME editor) Garry Bushell (when he was at Sounds) & Dave Haslam have all accused of him of being interested in underage boys.

There isn't any evidence of it - or any accusations from actual victims.

It seems to be based on Reel Around the Fountain/Handsome Devil - & the gay age of consent being 21 until 1994 - which means most of the Smiths were underage teenage boys & Morrissey was a (fairly openly in the beginning) gay/bi man in his early 20s.

Being a shy and retiring humasexual who is almost certainly not sexually aggressive or 'handsy' is a blessing for Morrissey. If not - no doubt they would have accused him of something by now. Something to attempt to justify the nonsensical 'pariah' label they seem determined to give him - justification more tangible than just speaking up for the British working class.

Back
Top Bottom