San Diego, CA - Copley Symphony Hall (Nov. 10, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

William, It Was Really Nothing / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Is It Really So Strange? / Hairdresser On Fire / When You Open Your Legs / Sunny / How Soon Is Now? / Back On The Chain Gang / The Bullfighter Dies / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Dial-a-Cliché / Jack The Ripper / Break Up The Family / Hold On To Your Friends / Something Is Squeezing My Skull / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // Life Is A Pigsty / Everyday Is Like Sunday

Setlist provided by Alexi (scan)

Last edited:
I watched it at 0.25 speed. He really does smack him one, although maybe it's not as bad as it looks because Moz isn't holding his face (which you might think he would do, if it was a proper punch). But the guy is running and stumbling when he lunges at him - so I suppose it's possible he got carried away in the moment and lost his balance. Then again, maybe he meant to properly lamp him one but mistimed it... Anyway, it's 11 days till the next one so I don't think the insurers will buy 'facial bruising'.
One word of four written as an acronym PTSD. But seriously its only a matter of time he will get really injured especially as he's no longer at an age when he falls over its now termed had a fall.

I watched it at 0.25 speed. He really does smack him one, although maybe it's not as bad as it looks because Moz isn't holding his face (which you might think he would do, if it was a proper punch). But the guy is running and stumbling when he lunges at him - so I suppose it's possible he got carried away in the moment and lost his balance. Then again, maybe he meant to properly lamp him one but mistimed it... Anyway, it's 11 days till the next one so I don't think the insurers will buy 'facial bruising'.
I can safely say I've never held my face immediately after a punch because I'm either mentally going "what the f*** was that?" or "Oh great, now I'm in a fist-fight and it's time to put 'em up."

I can safely say I've never held my face immediately after a punch because I'm either mentally going "what the f*** was that?" or "Oh great, now I'm in a fist-fight and it's time to put 'em up."
Ah, okay. I can only recall being punched in the face once, but I do remember just being very dazed and shocked. So you're probably right, maybe face-holding is just on TV :D

Metro online report management at concert made a statement to the effects that he's fine and it was just boisterous fans trying to touch and hug him.

Look at the second video of the four and pay close attention to the guy's hands. You'll see his right is clenched at his side and he puts all of his momentum into throwing his left fist. If you go to youtube and play the clip at half speed it becomes really apparent.

It certainly looked like an intentional punch to me in the video that is (now) widely circulating but in the third video from the upper level tier, you can see the entire stage and when the foolish man hops up and runs toward Moz, it looks more like a distracted/unintentional pop to the face. Or rather, he likely had one that became four and when he jumped on the stage, he punched Moz.

glad he wasnt hurt. quite a lot of invasions that night, some of them successful

I like it when he changes up a lyric here and there and adds some special flare to the vocals as the mood strikes him. It is what makes seeing him live special, and the voice is still very strong. A quick polite stage invasion is also nice to see. At one time or another some of us either have or would like to have done so.

In response to Pitchfork's:
Morrissey Concert Stopped by Stage Crasher.
A man appeared to strike the singer before being dragged off by security; nobody was hurt.

https://pitchfork.com/news/morrissey-attacked-onstage-at-san-diego-concert/

Jesse on Twitter:
View attachment 46357View attachment 46359

Regards,
FWD.
Well, I'm glad it was no big deal and he wasn't hurt, but when you look at the footage he was definitely punched - unintentionally or otherwise. You see his head jerk back with the impact.

Well, I'm glad it was no big deal and he wasn't hurt, but when you look at the footage he was definitely punched - unintentionally or otherwise. You see his head jerk back with the impact.
Not intentional. The man kind of dives with his arm out in order to get a grip to hug him - he's trying to dive in there quickly before the security get him, but in all the chaos he misjudged. I don't think he actually connected with his face, could've skimmed it perhaps, because Morrissey seems to swerve away abruptly rather than move forcefully from a blow. Things were very heated with all the bouncers up there so everyone was moving fast., trying to get their chance quickly.

big fat f*** lost his balance ,the twat.looked like a low stage,didnt look as if you had to climb onto it much.

Not intentional. The man kind of dives with his arm out in order to get a grip to hug him - he's trying to dive in there quickly before the security get him, but in all the chaos he misjudged. I don't think he actually connected with his face, could've skimmed it perhaps, because Morrissey seems to swerve away abruptly rather than move forcefully from a blow. Things were very heated with all the bouncers up there so everyone was moving fast., trying to get their chance quickly.
Yes, I suppose it could have been him flinching from an almost-punch. I did think it could have been accidental - the man does seem to be rushing from security and stumbling. It's quite a vigorous lunge, though. It looked to me like it made contact, but it's hard to tell for sure.

Fek I reckon. I like how all you foreigners c*** thick tit wackers half a world away from the California Son's Empire like to talk shit on the internet at a concert you weren't at and could never afford anyway. Reckon you don't reckon that the California Son loves it when all his girl groupies get on stage and hug him and whisper in his ear how they are going to suck his dick back stage. Remember the girl a few years ago in Moz Angeles with the leopard shorts and shirt who stuck her tongue down Surfer Steve's mouth on stage. When guys get on stage they know they are going to pay the price. He was tensed up making a fist because he was preparing to be tackled and put in a sleeper hold. You know why I know, BECAUSE I WAS THERE. As we say here: See ya at the Calabasas Costco on Tuesday Uncle Steve when they get the blueberry muffins in.

Fek I reckon. I like how all you foreigners c*** thick tit wackers half a world away from the California Son's Empire like to talk shit on the internet at a concert you weren't at and could never afford anyway. Reckon you don't reckon that the California Son loves it when all his girl groupies get on stage and hug him and whisper in his ear how they are going to suck his dick back stage. Remember the girl a few years ago in Moz Angeles with the leopard shorts and shirt who stuck her tongue down Surfer Steve's mouth on stage. When guys get on stage they know they are going to pay the price. He was tensed up making a fist because he was preparing to be tackled and put in a sleeper hold. You know why I know, BECAUSE I WAS THERE. As we say here: See ya at the Calabasas Costco on Tuesday Uncle Steve when they get the blueberry muffins in.

Why did you try to punch him, did he not give you a decent tip last time you parked his car or something?

Shame I can't convince my wife that I need to go to Brazil for a few days. New Order play at the Espaco das Americas, Sao Paulo on the 28th November and Morrissey plays the same venue on the 2nd December, that could have been a great few days!

The story of a foreigner California Son fan. "Oh blikey mate if he wouldn't of cancelled" "It would of been great if he would play Castlehogshire Bowl" "I fantasize I am in San Diego at a Surfer Steve concert" This is about a concert that happened a million miles away from you. It's not about Joy Order, Big Country, or you going to Brazil to pay prostitutes to do weird perverted things to like all you Brits and Nazis do when you travel to third world countries.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom