Sydney - State Theater (Dec. 11, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You're The One For Me, Fatty / Suedehead / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / How Soon Is Now? / I Wish You Lonely / Irish Blood, English Heart / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Girlfriend In A Coma / Half A Person / Our Frank / Let Me Kiss You / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Darling, I Hug A Pillow / Alma Matters / / Saint In A Stained Glass Window / Jack The Ripper / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Loop / Speedway // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of setlist.fm (Note: order not 100% confirmed).

• Photo from Thiccystardust / Instagram story posted by Famous when dead (original post):

Last edited:
Regarding Morrissey's current choice of trouser...
My guess is he's seen Shaun Ryder's health decline pretty rapidly recently, and figures there'll be a vacancy for lead singer with the Happy Mondays before too long. He needs to show that he can fit in (sartorially at least), hence the flares.

Carmen...... :thumb: I like her job in Glass Window . Really cool !
Just fantastic!

Celeste:
Carmen-Celeste_2190.jpg

Fan opposes security and gets to touch hands with Morrissey. Also, Morrissey says that people not being able to speak from the heart is a problem, whereas he only speaks from the heart, and it’s a problem. “You can’t win. You can’t win. Yes you can."

Last edited:
So crazy Moz would play in NZ when the school children hunt cats for fun as part of their curriculum.

Yes , but Sydney version... I wouldn't say butchered , but it's quite different then earlier live versions :rolleyes:

The new guitar player doesn't seem to know how to use a slide, doesn't hit the notes with confidence and tone sounds out of place and thin. The song also sounds a bit slow and dragging in tempo so I'd call it butchered and very amateur sounding.

Who else is looking forward to hearing Quarry get butchers new month?

“This microphone will be my headstone. What a state."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom