St. Petersburg, FL - Mahaffey Theater (Oct. 10, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Suedehead / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / Alma Matters / Girlfriend In A Coma / I Wish You Lonely / Darling, I Hug A Pillow / Speedway / Let Me Kiss You / Half A Person / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Loop / Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way? / The Night Pop Dropped / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // How Soon Is Now?

Setlist courtesy of setlist.fm

Last edited:
How predictable you are.

Fun fact: Morrissey doesn’t care about me and he doesn’t care about you. You can defend him as much as you like, kiss his virtual arse etc. etc. He still doesn’t give a f***. To him, his fans are a given. His fans are nothing more than ATM machines. That’s all.

Have a nice life!

Lol

Aw :oops:

I too am a big fan of traditional country music (the stuff today is garbage and doesn't deserve to be called "country"). Waylon was/is fantastic but I think "Hank" should be left to Waylon. There's no edge to Morrissey's version. It's a drone. It just doesn't fit him.

Now I think I'll go put some Waylon and George Jones on and drink some bourbon! Good times!
Perhaps he has a variety of reasons to sing any particular number.

I'm fond of this Waylon tune. Cheers!

Even with this repetitive setlist I know M and the band are always brilliant. My only disappointment as someone who cannot attend is that there are no unheard tracks, because I'm dying for something new, especially with the two albums seeming so unlikely to be released.

Excellent show. As others said, great band, great mix-sound, so-so set list but, it's Morrissey, did you REALLY think he was gonna roll out the red carpet of hits? He's ALWAYS been the Jefferson Starship (Stairway to Cleveland) of the mope rockers - "**** you, we do what we want!" Personally, I like just being in the room with him. He wanted to say a lot more but, you can tell he's thinking that through now. Pity. Because he has the courtesy to give you release with an absolutely epic How Soon Is Now?
Some good writing up there, Tampa Smith.

3 shows in…and expectations of any Earth-shattering setlist change ups shattered…I must admit I looked at the songs performed at this show and said, “Meh…not bad.” 🤣
Screw it! Keeping my tickets and we’ll see you in NY! 😎
Though if no major surprises lie ahead, I’ll at least hope for an even swap…maybe Telephone to be dropped in favor of Oblivion…oh, and a rousing rendition of Pigsty would never be a bad thing 🤞😉

6 pages of comments here...oh my, how far have the mighty fallen! You know things are bad when a different drum head seems like a big noticeable change between shows.

Don't like Morrissey's flares, Jesse's high school teacher attire, the mostly reruns vibe, the tired old slideshow, the country cover we've heard before, the band that won't be around very long, the lack of any musicians from the singer's past on a 40 years tour. (except Jesse) It all seems kinda' dissonant and weird in a way. Still, he sounds good and we take what we can get, right?

Back
Top Bottom