Orlando, FL - Dr. Phillips Center - Walt Disney Theater (Oct. 7, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / Our Frank / Girlfriend In A Coma / Darling, I Hug A Pillow (live debut) / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / How Soon Is Now? / Notre-Dame / Half A Person / Let Me Kiss You / The Loop / The Night Pop Dropped / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // Speedway

Setlist courtesy of setlist.fm.

Last edited:
Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / Our Frank / Girlfriend In A Coma / Darling, I Hug A Pillow (live debut) / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / How Soon Is Now? / Notre-Dame / Half A Person / Let Me Kiss You / The Loop / The Night Pop Dropped / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // Speedway

Setlist courtesy of setlist.fm.

My eleventh time seeing Morrissey, the last being nine years ago in Seattle. He sounded and looked amazing last night to the sold out crowd. Lots of cute Moz banter throughout. Very generous with the hand holds and so gracious and receiving of the few that made it on stage. Got there early to see Morrissey arrive, did not meet him but did meet the super nice drummer, Brendan, before the show.
IMG_3844.jpeg
IMG_1329.jpeg

Not my kinda band tbh. Quite how they get big crowds is beyond me. I couldn't spend an evening listening to that (imo) sh*te.

Well the music world would be an odd place if we all liked the same thing, so it makes sense that some think NO are shite.

This setlist is comically awful. Doing what is essentially the exact same set he's been doing all year with the addition of f***ing NOTRE DAME when he has FORTY YEARS of incredible beautiful breathtaking music to choose from?!?! DIHAP isn't a... terrible addition but it's by no means the best song on Dog. These performances could and should be a celebration of his incredible career where he sings songs from every album and debuts new songs etc etc but NO this is what we get instead. Sorry, a bit ranty but I'm just sick of his shit to be honest. No new album in three years because he REFUSES to either be easier to work with or self release, and the worst backing band he's ever had. A rush and a push and... something... I'm not sure what... is ours.

I reckon he'll radically shake up the setlist for the next show by swapping out 'Let Me Kiss you' for 'I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris'. ;)

That set doesn't reflect 40 years of Morrissey in my opinion. On the latest poster for Jakarta it says

Don't miss this extraordinary show filled with fan-favorite songs that have touched hearts worldwide, not sure that is true either if this is the set he will play there
The songs he played are fan favourites.
There was a guy in the toilets after going mad complaining about not knowing the songs. I asked him had he been to a Morrissey gig before and he replied he hadn't. I said what you just saw is a Morrissey gig. He doesn't play to please the people who turn up for their first gig expecting to hear The Queen Is Dead in its entirety......

Darling, I Hug a Pillow ( Live Debut )

Thanks again to all who post the great photos and clips, and the setlist too. One stop shop.

Regarding shows/tours specifically, some members of this site are quite generous with their time, and I'm thankful for that. Kudos!

This sounds really good, with some nice energy. :D
Yes, an unexpectedly good performance . I dare say I like it more than the studio version .

This setlist is comically awful. Doing what is essentially the exact same set he's been doing all year with the addition of f***ing NOTRE DAME when he has FORTY YEARS of incredible beautiful breathtaking music to choose from?!?! DIHAP isn't a... terrible addition but it's by no means the best song on Dog. These performances could and should be a celebration of his incredible career where he sings songs from every album and debuts new songs etc etc but NO this is what we get instead. Sorry, a bit ranty but I'm just sick of his shit to be honest. No new album in three years because he REFUSES to either be easier to work with or self release, and the worst backing band he's ever had. A rush and a push and... something... I'm not sure what... is ours.
AGREED!!!

19 songs.

9 singles,
4 classic songs that were not singles but are widely regarded as Morrissey's best,
1 older B-side,
2 songs off of the last 2 released albums,
3 unreleased songs.

For 40 years of Morrissey, I'd say the setlist covers it quite well. It's never been his thing to mix it up dramatically night to night - the band typically rehearses 25-30 songs over the course of a tour. Sure there's some tracks that people would rather hear something other than, but the artist cannot please everyone.

The show was great. He was playful, and with excellence and expressed a loving gratitude to those in attendance. Literally said he was grateful and loved us. You cranks masquerade as fans. Tsk tsk

I'd love to hear those, and Disappointed, Ask, I could go on. I think he needs songs that rock a bit more, the set just sounds so monotone to me.
I was lucky enough to get Disappointed last year in Brighton :(
Ask - I am afraid Jesse / band can’t do that one justice. I think they played it a long time ago and it wasn’t that good but I could be wrong.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom