Morrissey Central "The importance of an artist can be found in the efforts to silence him." (June 30, 2023)

IMG_5645.jpeg
IMG_5646.jpeg
IMG_5647.jpeg
IMG_5648.jpeg

unnamed-2.jpg

Please, Moanissey Central, this has to stop.
There is a different mood all over the world
A different youth, unfamiliar views
And dearest, it could all be for you ...

I think it's a thread full of fans who are frustrated at seeing an artist they follow continually self-destruct and make all the wrong moves. The enablers like FiDo who offer Morrissey nothing but mindless praise are not helping him move forward at all, they are just encouraging him to keep on digging deeper into this downward spiral. It's not being a 'hater' to point out some hard truths, and that Morrissey might want to consider taking some responsibility for the current state of his own career, adjust his attitude and thinking, and start pulling himself out of this mess.
They're exaggerating and they're not marking Moz's mistakes with respect. It's not about telling him he's doing everything right, but it's also not okay to attack him. It is true that he is attacked and other singers are not, and that is because those do not speak, do not mess with certain sectors that manage interests and power. . Not respecting him and judging him without knowing almost anything about his life is not doing him any good. If I love you I respect you and treat you well, if I'm a fan I want it, then if I disrespect you I'm not a fan. When Moz is gone, they will miss him and value him. Start now to value Moz, Morrissey, he is a good person and deserves respect.No quiero.decir nada más.solo agradecerle a Moz Mozuchisss gracias.

They're exaggerating and they're not marking Moz's mistakes with respect. It's not about telling him he's doing everything right, but it's also not okay to attack him. It is true that he is attacked and other singers are not, and that is because those do not speak, do not mess with certain sectors that manage interests and power. . Not respecting him and judging him without knowing almost anything about his life is not doing him any good. If I love you I respect you and treat you well, if I'm a fan I want it, then if I disrespect you I'm not a fan. When Moz is gone, they will miss him and value him. Start now to value Moz, Morrissey, he is a good person and deserves respect.No quiero.decir nada más.solo agradecerle a Moz Mozuchisss gracias.
No. Morrissey is respected when he deserves to be respected and he is ridiculed when he is an ass - why isn’t right to attack him? The guy became such a cringe I only visit this site to have a laugh. Fans don’t owe him anything. If you think they do you’re as deluded as fat Karen.

I await the onslaught of downvotes
Morrissey is important, but not as important as he thinks he is. The Smiths will never match the brilliance of Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols or Roxy Music's Avalon, he or they will never be that influential. I saw Bryan Ferry about 10 years ago and he put on an amazing show, so if I had to compare the 2 at these ages, I would say Morrissey has some work to do to even try to be equal to Ferry. Both Ferry and Lydon are absolute legends.

Moanissey Central
:LOL:

...If at least he did the moaning himself.
btw, somebody seems to confuse their voices; quick grammar point:

Active:
Everybody is silencing Morrissey.
Passive:
Morrissey isn't listened to by anybody.

So, passive or active? Maybe The Dan could give us intel about that.

Morrissey is important, but not as important as he thinks he is. The Smiths will never match the brilliance of Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols or Roxy Music's Avalon, he or they will never be that influential. I saw Bryan Ferry about 10 years ago and he put on an amazing show, so if I had to compare the 2 at these ages, I would say Morrissey has some work to do to even try to be equal to Ferry. Both Ferry and Lydon are absolute legends.
They definitely are! And so is Morrissey.

Avalon is a great album but far from Roxy’s best.
But their output definitely matches that of The Smiths. As for the Sex Pistols, they were influential but I almost never listen to them anymore. They were nowhere near The Smiths in terms of quality.

But at least an interesting posts about music rather than all the tedious same old boring political posts.

Hard to believe that FiDo's brilliant and insightful tweets, interviews and articles haven't opened more doors for him
She tries then Morrissey proudly endorses right wing people like David Vance. At his core there is that.
Odious views that can't be sugar coated and many people can't get on board with him anymore.

I agree on the pistols, never heard anything like them when they appeared and led to Buzzcocks being formed, who have been my favourite band for 45 years.

The world of Morrissey Solo is full of Crashing Bores. Morrissey can be blamed for a lot of things, but a lot of people never liked Morrissey and Morrissey's controversial political views gave them an excuse to get that hate out there. Morrissey is still very influential in the pop world and still produces top notch music.
Otherwise, what would justify this hatred and the attempt that has been made to silence it completely? In my country, just to avoid mentioning Morrissey's name there were some alternative radio stations and some online music newspapers that didn't report any news about Andy Rourke's death. Yes, things got to this ridiculous point. I've been writing regularly to some of the radio stations that used to play Smiths and Morrissey asking for an explanation for why they're not playing any music now. The answer: "It's an Editorial Choice." Just do not see who does not want. Morrissey is being lynched by the press and the music industry for having a different opinion. There's little we can do about it, the only way to fight it is to stay with Morrissey. Morrissey is a unique artist in the world and we have the right to preserve and protect his legacy forever. What artist in the whole world, hated by almost all the journalistic music press, without a publisher or manager, could afford to go on a world tour? I often think about it, and the only explanation I find is that ultra special, mysterious and secret connection that unites us with this great artist and that is almost impossible to explain.

Self-release the new record, buy back your old record with some of the profits, then self-release that.

It really isn’t hard.

No and No . Both need strung up.
Saw a documentary last night about the Bay City Rollers, the manager was an absolute monster, on a par if not worse than Glitter, raped at least 2 members, had parties with Glitter and Saville and largely got away with it. We look back at the 70s with affection but my god there was some evil bastards pulling the strings

I think it's a thread full of fans who are frustrated at seeing an artist they follow continually self-destruct and make all the wrong moves. The enablers like FiDo who offer Morrissey nothing but mindless praise are not helping him move forward at all, they are just encouraging him to keep on digging deeper into this downward spiral. It's not being a 'hater' to point out some hard truths, and that Morrissey might want to consider taking some responsibility for the current state of his own career, adjust his attitude and thinking, and start pulling himself out of this mess.

Spot on. I still buy the albums (although it’s been a few years), still go to shows, still wear the t-shirts and still love the guy. That’s what so frustrating about how the last 10 years have gone, and the downward spiral continues.

What’s being said on here*, is what the folk who are close to him should be saying.

*not everyone obviously, some are happy with how the last 10 years have gone, although even they wished he’d stop complaining about record companies and self release instead.

Last edited:
I agree on the pistols, never heard anything like them when they appeared and led to Buzzcocks being formed, who have been my favourite band for 45 years.
So many bands were formed because of the Pistols, Buzzcocks are a great choice for fave band

They definitely are! And so is Morrissey.

Avalon is a great album but far from Roxy’s best.
But their output definitely matches that of The Smiths. As for the Sex Pistols, they were influential but I almost never listen to them anymore. They were nowhere near The Smiths in terms of quality.

But at least an interesting posts about music rather than all the tedious same old boring political posts.
I think people can disagree about which album is Roxy's best and still be right, I am talking about influence tho

Just as an aside, has anyone ever noticed in the Girlfriend in a Coma video Morrissey makes this face for just about a second or two and he is baring his teeth a bit and sort of closing his eyes, like Bryan Ferry does sometimes and I swear he is poking fun at Bryan Ferry, it's hilarious

She tries then Morrissey proudly endorses right wing people like David Vance. At his core there is that.
Odious views that can't be sugar coated and many people can't get on board with him anymore.
Well, my post was really a joke. I doubt FiDo does anything positive for his reputation.

I think people can disagree about which album is Roxy's best and still be right, I am talking about influence tho
As far as influence goes, I would say the Smiths were more influential than Roxy Music.
Although that's always hard to measure.

Velvet Underground and Bowie probably the most influential artists for all 'alternative' music that was made since then.

Saw a documentary last night about the Bay City Rollers, the manager was an absolute monster, on a par if not worse than Glitter, raped at least 2 members, had parties with Glitter and Saville and largely got away with it. We look back at the 70s with affection but my god there was some evil bastards pulling the strings
Once seen a documentary on the rollers manager and how he ripped them all off.
Les was trying to get some royalties back, alas he never got very far.

As far as influence goes, I would say the Smiths were more influential than Roxy Music.
Although that's always hard to measure.

Velvet Underground and Bowie probably the most influential artists for all 'alternative' music that was made since then.
The Smiths werent doing anything new, that jangly sound was not new

Back
Top Bottom