the Real McCain

nogodsnomasters85

Not Stirred
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gwqEneBKUs
A short summation of why I cannot, and will not vote for this man. Moreover, should he be elected, he has offered high-level government positions to John Bolton, Joe Lieberman, and Henry Kissinger. If a person can be judged by the company they keep, this company paints a VERY ugly picture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gwqEneBKUs
A short summation of why I cannot, and will not vote for this man. Moreover, should he be elected, he has offered high-level government positions to John Bolton, Joe Lieberman, and Henry Kissinger. If a person can be judged by the company they keep, this company paints a VERY ugly picture.

He believes victory in Iraq is still possible. Enough said.

I love his website. Beneath "BOLD SOLUTIONS" there are a couple of bullet points, one of which is "Winning The War Against Islamic Extremists". Yes, Senator, that's very bold. The nation is trembling with gratitude that you've puzzled that one out.

But is it a solution? Sure. It's Bush's solution.

"Mr. President, what is your goal in Iraq?"
"To win the war."
"How will you win the war, sir?"
"By defeating the extremists."
"And how will you defeat the extremists?"
"By winning. Next question."

Count a vote from Buzzetta from NY

McCane (get it? ;)) is a f***ing hypocrite biatch. All the 'straight talk express" is nothing but bullshit. He's already flipped on his positions on major issues like 4 times w/in the past month.... On immigration, on tax cuts, and others.... He makes me ill.

EOH hopes Billary and McCane DIE!!!!!!!!!!

Obama, Huckapee <333 :cool:

McCane (get it? ;)) is a f***ing hypocrite biatch. All the 'straight talk express" is nothing but bullshit. He's already flipped on his positions on major issues like 4 times w/in the past month.... On immigration, on tax cuts, and others.... He makes me ill.

EOH hopes Billary and McCane DIE!!!!!!!!!!

Obama, Huckapee <333 :cool:

haha, you said HuckaPee *snicker snicker* :p

I see McCain just got a campaign donation from Karl Rove. When questioned, McCain said that Karl Rove is as one of the "smart great political minds I think in American politics."

He then went on to say he would value his advice and input - how surprising.

We're going to get the same players, same script, slightly different reading, same results.

Everyone who enjoyed the Bush era should be very happy indeed, because it looks like they are gearing up to give us at least four more years.

i am just so very depressed about the world

we got Blair lite already

if you get Bush lite then the planet is truly f***ed

actually i have not said enough - Americans you have a responsibility to the rest of us not to let this happen - 8 years of Bush is enough.

please, stop acting like the democratic party doesn't have liars and finaglers and wafflers and pure, unadulterated evil.

I see a lot of nervous democrats here continuously skewering republican nominees. Negativity and mud slinging is not an effective way of getting your point across.

I'm not here to smear, and frankly, you're not going to change anyone's mind. Religion and political arguments = pointless.

Some of us don't pledge to red or blue, we vote on who we think is the most viable candidate for the situation. I've never been 100% excited about ANY nominee. I've campaigned for three parties in my political past, because I believe in choosing the best choice for our country, not staying true to defunct conglomerate parties.

Until you can drop the "democrats are always the best choice" attitudes and start actually researching both positives and negatives of BOTH parties involved, you're never going to reach Piaget's formal operational stage and will be forever intellectually stunted.

EOH is not a partisan supporter. EOH has supported Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, and Obama. 3 very different people. EOH ended up choosing Obama based on the fact that we need new people in power... f*** this whole McCane is experienced enough.. blah, blah, blah... it's more of the same if he gets elected. War will go on for years, etc.

Obama is far from perfect, but he'll be an inspirational leader like JFK. That's what we need right now. Not some old hag like Clinton or this geezer liar McCane.

please, stop acting like the democratic party doesn't have liars and finaglers and wafflers and pure, unadulterated evil.

I see a lot of nervous democrats here continuously skewering republican nominees. Negativity and mud slinging is not an effective way of getting your point across.

I'm not here to smear, and frankly, you're not going to change anyone's mind. Religion and political arguments = pointless.

Some of us don't pledge to red or blue, we vote on who we think is the most viable candidate for the situation. I've never been 100% excited about ANY nominee. I've campaigned for three parties in my political past, because I believe in choosing the best choice for our country, not staying true to defunct conglomerate parties.

Until you can drop the "democrats are always the best choice" attitudes and start actually researching both positives and negatives of BOTH parties involved, you're never going to reach Piaget's formal operational stage and will be forever intellectually stunted.

This thread is about John McCain, and what he has to offer America.

McCain is embracing the existing power structure - he is a conservative Republican with a largely conservative voting record. Yes, he was against the tax cuts (hooray), and he is not in favor of deporting "illegals" (hooray). He is running as a conservative Republican, and the current administration is the most conservative Republican administration in history. I don't see how claiming that he is more of the same is a smear.

Even Fox news called him the man who promises 100 years of war and no jobs.

actually i have not said enough - Americans you have a responsibility to the rest of us not to let this happen - 8 years of Bush is enough.

I've banged my head against a wall for several election cycles now. I went door-to-door, I did phone-banking, I kept the campaign offices open late in 2004 so that people who had relatives in Iraq could politely ask registered voters to please consider the full ramifications of their vote.

That campaign was the final straw. It was heartbreaking.

Now I have family in Iraq, and I'm going to continue asking, in a nice way, if we can get some different ideas in there, with different solutions to an intractable problem.

Americans seem to favor the "Devil you know" solution, however.

Now I have family in Iraq, and I'm going to continue asking, in a nice way, if we can get some different ideas in there, with different solutions to an intractable problem.

Americans seem to favor the "Devil you know" solution, however.

thats how it looks from here - when Bush got back in last time there was palpable shock among the British media - we thought that the only thing that could be the reason was a fear of the unknown. That and the florida theft of course.

I wish your family member(s) in Iraq a safe and happy return home as soon as possible.

Dont you just wish Al Gore had the credibility he has now 8 years ago.

thats how it looks from here - when Bush got back in last time there was palpable shock among the British media - we thought that the only thing that could be the reason was a fear of the unknown. That and the florida theft of course.

I wish your family member(s) in Iraq a safe and happy return home as soon as possible.

Many Americans were equally shocked with the election results, and Florida '00 was only one battleground. You might like to read this PDF document. It was prepared by Democrats in the House, true, but it makes a strong case for fraud in the '04 election.

The following actions by [Ohio Secretary of State J. Kenneth Blackwell, the co-chair of the Bush-Cheney campaign in Ohio], the Republican Party and election officials disenfranchised hundreds of thousands of Ohio citizens, predominantly minority and Democratic voters.

There is more in a Harper's article here.

Ohio, like the nation, was the site of numerous statistical anomalies—so many that the number is itself statistically anomalous, since every single one of them took votes from Kerry. In Butler County the Democratic candidate for State Supreme Court took in 5,347 more votes than Kerry did. In Cuyahoga County ten Cleveland precincts “reported an incredibly high number of votes for third party candidates who have historically received only a handful of votes from these urban areas”—mystery votes that would mostly otherwise have gone to Kerry. In Franklin County, Bush received nearly 4,000 extra votes from one computer, and, in Miami County, just over 13,000 votes appeared in Bush's column after all precincts had reported. In Perry County the number of Bush votes somehow exceeded the number of registered voters, leading to voter turnout rates as high as 124 percent. Youngstown, perhaps to make up the difference, reported negative 25 million votes.

Bush won Ohio, a key electoral state, by just 118,601 votes.

Last edited:

Ah, being British, you were unfamiliar with the "Don't Change Horses Mid-Apocalypse" campaign. That was a good one. :tears:

Ohio was the state with voting irregularities in the last election.

Thank you for your good wishes. My brother-in-law is an engineer with the US military here in the States. He has been working with Special Operations for years. The horror stories from Iraq beggar description. He could not tell us anything sensitive, obviously, but there is enough outrage to last a lifetime. He joined up because he was sick of seeing guys dealing with stop loss, and he thinks he can do some good with the reconstruction.

As for Al Gore, it was so easy to turn him into a cartoon eight years ago. They would try to do it all again, and he knows it.

Jeez, this is depressing. Maybe it's time to talk about Morrissey's arse...

;)

Many Americans were equally shocked with the election results, and Florida '00 was only one battleground. You might like to read this PDF document. It was prepared by Democrats in the House, true, but it makes a strong case for fraud in the '04 election.

The following actions by [Ohio Secretary of State J. Kenneth Blackwell, the co-chair of the Bush-Cheney campaign in Ohio], the Republican Party and election officials disenfranchised hundreds of thousands of Ohio citizens, predominantly minority and Democratic voters.

There is more in a Harper's article here.

Ohio, like the nation, was the site of numerous statistical anomalies—so many that the number is itself statistically anomalous, since every single one of them took votes from Kerry. In Butler County the Democratic candidate for State Supreme Court took in 5,347 more votes than Kerry did. In Cuyahoga County ten Cleveland precincts “reported an incredibly high number of votes for third party candidates who have historically received only a handful of votes from these urban areas”—mystery votes that would mostly otherwise have gone to Kerry. In Franklin County, Bush received nearly 4,000 extra votes from one computer, and, in Miami County, just over 13,000 votes appeared in Bush's column after all precincts had reported. In Perry County the number of Bush votes somehow exceeded the number of registered voters, leading to voter turnout rates as high as 124 percent. Youngstown, perhaps to make up the difference, reported negative 25 million votes.

Bush won Ohio, a key electoral state, by just 118,601 votes.

I remember Kenny Blackwell. He ran for Governor of my state against Ted Strickland and got absolutely destroyed.

I hate this two party system, I really do. And the fact that the choice has come down to a promotion for Senator A, Senator B, or Senator C is pretty irksome. And while they're running around the country campaigning, what's happening with their Senate business, aka the job they're still getting paid to do?!?! :mad:

I hate this two party system, I really do. And the fact that the choice has come down to a promotion for Senator A, Senator B, or Senator C is pretty irksome. And while they're running around the country campaigning, what's happening with their Senate business, aka the job they're still getting paid to do?!?! :mad:

yeah, this is embarrassing, but...I was watching The View the other day and they were talking about this very same thing. dont QUOTE me on this, but i think they said Hillary has missed 107 votes, Obama 170 and McCain 250!!! including a very important vote having something to do with Veterans... hmmm...

what's happening with their Senate business, aka the job they're still getting paid to do?!?! :mad:

Not to worry. Shell, Exxon and ConocoPhilips still have their usual D.C. support staffers working around the clock. The government will continue to run as smoothly as ever.

Last edited:
Presidential candidates, Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama and John Edwards were flying to a convention.
Barack looked at Hilary, chuckled and said, "You know, I could throw a $1,000 bill out of the window right now and make somebody very happy."
Hillary shrugged her shoulders and replied, "I could throw ten $100 bill out of the window and make ten people very happy."
John added, "That being the case, I could throw one hundred $10 bills out of the window and make a hundred people very happy"
Hearing their exchange, the pilot rolled his eyes and said to his co-pilot, "Such big shots back there. I could throw all of them out of the window and make 90 million people very happy."

Back
Top Bottom