TTY: Morrissey 2016 - Apr. 2016 shows, negotiations being finalized (Asia, Puerto Rico, Venezuela)

Morrissey 2016 - true-to-you.net
23 January 2016

Negotiations are being finalised for the following Morrissey shows in April 2016:

Bangkok (Thailand)
Saigon (Vietnam)
Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
Singapore City (Singapore)
Taipei (Taiwan)
Busan (South Korea)
Seoul (South Korea)
Hagatna (Guam)
Jakarta (Indonesia)
San Juan (Puerto Rico)
Caracas (Venezuela)
Full details are expected shortly.

the_dirty_half_dozen_photomontage_by_sam_esty_rayner.jpg

The Dirty Half Dozen photomontage above by Sam Esty Rayner.
Left to right: Gustavo, Mando, Jesse, Morrissey, Boz, Matteo.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
It really is absurd that that he hasn't played Canada in 12 years over seal bashing whereas he'll play dozens of other places that have equal or worse animal cruelty issues.

Maybe a tour of Canada with "Meat is Murder" in full effect [complete with new seal clips], along with with pre-gig press and post-gig reviews would raise awareness and possibly create a rally for change.

But no - let's just boycott this giant country with at least 8 or 10 viable markets, and in doing so deny tens of thousands of fans a chance to see me. The Morrissey School of Logic, folks.

He could easily do a massive Canadian tour and get media coverage. If he can sell out random venues in non-English speaking countries, he could definitely sell out decent-sized venues in major Canadian cities (and has in the past).

It's a wasted opportunity to simply boycott the country.

- - - Updated - - -

It s the way the Canadian government is proud of their seal bashers that probably prevents him from thinking about touring Canada, they know they are killed by clubbing and they don't care. Canadians have no backbone.

So the fact that the government changed is irrelevant?

He could easily do a massive Canadian tour and get media coverage. If he can sell out random venues in non-English speaking countries, he could definitely sell out decent-sized venues in major Canadian cities (and has in the past).

- - - Updated - - -

Has the new government put an end to the seal cull, which Morrissey has mentioned three times on posts on TTY as reasons he won't tour Canada?

Has the new government put an end to the seal cull, which Morrissey has mentioned three times on posts on TTY as reasons he won't tour Canada?

Morrissey is penalizing the Canadian music fans and using them as a hostage to his vendettas. The seal cull is terrible but the people on the streets aren't the guilty ones. Every second country on the planet has some barbaric rules or laws or other that would justify him not touring. Anyway I don't know why I even care. Moz has done enough tours. He should take a long break and get some songs recorded and released in some way or other (ideally a record deal, but there are other ways). He could self produce a CD of songs and add them as bonus on a DVD release of a concert, or sell CDs at his concerts. Where there is a will there is a way.

Morrissey is penalizing the Canadian music fans and using them as a hostage to his vendettas.

I'm not sure I particularly support boycotting Canada, but steady on. He's not obliged to perform anywhere.

Morrissey is penalizing the Canadian music fans and using them as a hostage to his vendettas. The seal cull is terrible but the people on the streets aren't the guilty ones. Every second country on the planet has some barbaric rules or laws or other that would justify him not touring. Anyway I don't know why I even care. Moz has done enough tours. He should take a long break and get some songs recorded and released in some way or other (ideally a record deal, but there are other ways). He could self produce a CD of songs and add them as bonus on a DVD release of a concert, or sell CDs at his concerts. Where there is a will there is a way.

But if nothing has changed about the seal culls, which has been put forward several times as a reason for not touring Canada, and now there are some dates mooted - and nothing has changed - you know what that makes him, right? Sure there are plenty of other countries with reasons for not touring, but not all of them have been publicly condemned several times on TTY. That's why I can't believe these dates might be real.

"steady on"?? WTF does that mean? I reckon will you people stop with your British Pig Latin.

The majority of the Canadian people are proud of their baby seal bashing fur industry, seal meat industry, and foi gras. Ever been to a high end restaurant in Canada? Morrissey is doing the right thing at least in regards to Canada, now it would be nice if he would be consist with the other countries. Anonymous-

Last edited:
I care about seals, in particular performing seals. I also care about human seals who perform on this site to get credit from both thier master and haters. They are being mentally culled! Life is cruel LOL

Now is the time to make it happen. The government just took power.

Here is a petition. Morrissey says Canadians do nothing to make their views known to the government, however plenty of people have.

With his influential help, an exponential difference will be made, more than any one citizen (keeping in mind that the vast majority of Canadians have nothing to do with the seal hunt or the fishing industry and live hundreds/thousands of kilometres away from it).

https://www.change.org/p/justin-trudeau-end-the-canadian-seal-hunt

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, you know what is irrelevant? Canada.

"steady on"?? WTF does that mean? I reckon will you people stop with your British Pig Latin.

The majority of the Canadian people are proud of their baby seal bashing fur industry, seal meat industry, and foi gras. Ever been to a high end restaurant in Canada? Morrissey is doing the right thing at least in regards to Canada, now it would be nice if he would be consist with the other countries. Anonymous-

You got it all wrong. We Canadians eat beavers and muskrats. Exclusively.

Now is the time to make it happen. The government just took power.

Here is a petition. Morrissey says Canadians do nothing to make their views known to the government, however plenty of people have.

With his influential help, an exponential difference will be made, more than any one citizen (keeping in mind that the vast majority of Canadians have nothing to do with the seal hunt or the fishing industry and live hundreds/thousands of kilometres away from it).

https://www.change.org/p/justin-trudeau-end-the-canadian-seal-hunt

So that's a no then. Nothing has changed.

It really is absurd that that he hasn't played Canada in 12 years over seal bashing whereas he'll play dozens of other places that have equal or worse animal cruelty issues.

Maybe a tour of Canada with "Meat is Murder" in full effect [complete with new seal clips], along with with pre-gig press and post-gig reviews would raise awareness and possibly create a rally for change.

But no - let's just boycott this giant country with at least 8 or 10 viable markets, and in doing so deny tens of thousands of fans a chance to see me. The Morrissey School of Logic, folks.

i would respect moz more if he bans Israel, where poor innocents palestinians are kill everyday. But since he only cares about animals :(

Sorry, I don't know where me post this. I reckon I lost me New York Yankees Baseball cap at the Isle of Wight yesterday during Kajagoogoo's set. On the inside it had me first name Remi written on the inside. It cost me 650 stones on line. Please post if found. I wanted to wear it tomorrow when me Kickball team Higginsbottomshire Town United fights the Catholic team. Cheers chaps. Anonymous-

Sorry, I don't know where me post this. I reckon I lost me New York Yankees Baseball cap at the Isle of Wight yesterday during Kajagoogoo's set. On the inside it had me first name Remi written on the inside. It cost me 650 stones on line. Please post if found. I wanted to wear it tomorrow when me Kickball team Higginsbottomshire Town United fights the Catholic team. Cheers chaps. Anonymous-

Wow comedy gold......

Someone spotted you at the beach Benny

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBFb_FQBNvy/

Oh I'm flattered once again ! All y'all need is me eh ? Y'all post you hate me but you love me, love me, love me !

Now why would I have an etching of Blobby Williams on my leg ? Mmm ! Why would I ?

Hope you've enjoyed your response from Benny in the absence of the cult leader choosing to maintain his radio silence for reasons unknown but rest assured I'll be back on overtime as soon as Silly Steven churns out his trademark hype-pocracy shite.

Bless your cotton socks

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom