What music do/did your parents listen to?

julio_iglesias.jpg

ninobravo.jpg

My dad never listened to any music. Mom loves Polkas though she didn't really listen to anything. She only really started to listen to music when she went back to college but that was just 80's stuff.
My older brother only played any John Williams movie soundtracks.

I discovered cool music all on my own.

My Mom likes Morrissey.

She listens to a bunch of Spanish music.

Ughhh... My mom listened to that when I was growing up. I have no idea what she listens to know.

My dad listens to whatever is on the radio. I don't really believe that he has a preference. He did like the Courtneers and asked me where I could get their album at.

NRitH, Three Dog Night! :guitar:

My parents both liked the Beatles and Stones but my Dad was into stuff like The Dave Clark 5, Harry Chapin (I was named after one of his tunes), Gene Autry, Tony Bennett, Pat Boone :eek:, -redeems himself with- Bill Haley and Buddy Holly... My Mom liked the Four Seasons, Peggy Lee, Elvis, the Dells, Neil Diamond, Glen Campbell :eek: (my parents are considerably older than most users here :D) I recall LOVING my StepMom's musical tastes (I was 9) as she was really into Kris Kristofferson, Willie Nelson, Sonny + Cher <3, The Mamas & the Papas, the Carpenters, Babs, etc. I think my stepsister's and I broke her 45 of the Marvellette's Please Mr. Postman we played it so much :D

None of them listen to Morrissey. :rolleyes:

my parents like pretty much everything you hear on 'classic rock' stations. my dad constantly plays sabbath and i got him into the sword and other newer sabbath worship stoner metal:guitar:
i didnt really listen to music as a kid, but i do remember playing air guitar to a stones concert of tv when i was real young. when i moved out i took all their records with me, so i guess it just took awhile for my parents musical influence to hit me.

my mother listened to the beatles* a lot and musicals :love:
my father listened to billy joel and what i would call "Nam war music" like the Stones and stuff :rolleyes:
my step dad is into old school country western music but gave me my love for Johnny Cash :thumb:

*=according to my mother, my 1st words after "no" and "mommy"
were lyrics to Beatles songs :cool:

My mom likes Moz as well and has even been to a concert. Now she basically likes most of music I do. She even went to see Peter Murphy.
My Mother saw Morrissey in concert and she fell in love. She was like "he is better live than on the CDs." LOL My Mom saw Alice Cooper. She had a blast.

My dad's favourite band are the Grateful Dead...apart from that he mainly listens to 'world music'*. He gave me my love for folk, I think. :)

My mum listened to 77 punk, The Clash etc, when she was 13-14. Then she went to art college and got into Nick Cave, Bauhaus, The Cure, Siouxsie Sioux, etc. She gave me my love for a lot of things. :)

My dad was a mod/skinhead in the 80's (still wears his Fred Perry's, harrington, bomber jacket, etc.) and was mainly into The Jam (the Style Council afterwards) and Madness and still is to this day. He loves 'mod' music, so soul, ska etc. He wasn't into the Smiths in the 80's, but he went to Madstock in 1992, but missed Morrissey because he went on the second day which Morrissey cancelled. He's got more into Morrissey since I got him into him so it's all good.
I'm happy to say I've got a lot of my music taste and dress sense from my dad.

I got some musical taste off my grandad as well. He was a teddy boy back in the day and I've got a lot of my taste in country music and rockabilly from him.

My mum likes/liked T-Rex & Marc Bolan, The Rolling Stones and David Essex - whom she still listens to and sees whenever he tours. She also liked Abba and likes a lot of modern pop music which I hate.

My dad was into Simon and Garfunkel, Queen and The Beatles I think. But not totally sure as he rarely listens to music but most of what he listens to is 60s.

I would say my taste is more like my dads as I don't listen to the stuff my mum likes, although I don't mind T-Rex and The Rolling Stones but I'm not that familiar with their stuff.

I have a lot of Beatles, Queen and some Simon and Garfunkel stuff on my iPod. I also like The Hollies, Bob Dylan and The Moody Blues, I haven't a clue what my parents think of them.

So I would say my dad's taste had some influence on what I listen to but not a lot.

I don't know what my father liked.

My mother loved Queen, Fleetwood Mac, The Eagles, Paul McCartney, Elvis and Elton John.

All very talented, but once I turned twelve or so I no longer wanted to listen to that stuff. Well, I did love The Beatles, so I did still listened to Paul.

Back
Top Bottom