What will Morrissey do next?

Morrissey seems to have some choices now, what do we think he will do?

• I don't care. Who is Morrissey?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Release BOT - specify label or self release below

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • BOT will remain unreleased for the foreseeable future

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • Release Without Music - specify label or self release below

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Without Music will remain unreleased for the foreseeable future

• Release both as a double album - specify label or self release below

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Do you think this latest band is still with him? Yes or no below

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Schedule the shows he talked about for July, then cancel or show up, specify below

• Not schedule the shows he talked about for July

• Add your own choice in the comments, can be in addition to any of these

• Total voters
Well this is what he did next. This is hopeless. I just set my fan card on fire.

View attachment 104134
WTF? I hope this isn't true, because of the true lack of accuracy in this damn article. How can he like something as bad and inaccurate as this? On the other hand, much of it sounds like prompts he gives her anyway, so maybe he just likes his own words. This whole thing with these sycophantic fan robots (that don't even know simple facts) makes me turn my back and gag. Truly disappointing!

WTF? I hope this isn't true, because of the true lack of accuracy in this damn article. How can he like something as bad and inaccurate as this? On the other hand, much of it sounds like prompts he gives her anyway, so maybe he just likes his own words. This whole thing with these sycophantic fan robots (that don't even know simple facts) makes me turn my back and gag. Truly disappointing!
He did give her an in person interview when he would not let legit press interview him. How can his manager let this happen?

He did give her an in person interview when he would not let legit press interview him. How can his manager let this happen?
I don't think there was a manager in charge at the time? And I don't know if any manager is/would be able to stop this constant PR train wreck. It baffles me, that after the xth badly written article and her husband accusing his second favourite guitarist, he even talks to her anymore. Pre- fame Morrissey would have torn her to shreds. But yeah, the bar is pretty low nowadays if there is any.

I don't think there was a manager in charge at the time? And I don't know if any manager is/would be able to stop this constant PR train wreck. It baffles me, that after the xth badly written article and her husband accusing his second favourite guitarist, he even talks to her anymore. Pre- fame Morrissey would have torn her to shreds. But yeah, the bar is pretty low nowadays if there is any.
Sorry, I was unclear, where is his manager now and why is he allowing this? I don't see any point his having a manager if he is not handling PR. I agree, it's a trainwreck and Morrissey is unmanageable, we've heard the stories.
He got BOT back and is doing absolutely nothing with it. When he did not have BOT, he did have Without Music and did absolutely nothing with it.
I thought there was a small chance he might make some effort after he got BOT back, but it just looks like everything is the same. I don't see any record label taking a chance on him.

Sorry, I was unclear, where is his manager now and why is he allowing this? I don't see any point his having a manager if he is not handling PR. I agree, it's a trainwreck and Morrissey is unmanageable, we've heard the stories.
He got BOT back and is doing absolutely nothing with it. When he did not have BOT, he did have Without Music and did absolutely nothing with it.
I thought there was a small chance he might make some effort after he got BOT back, but it just looks like everything is the same. I don't see any record label taking a chance on him.
He also, very pointedly, has World Peace Is None of Your Business back. Somehow, I don't think the world is clamoring for a 10-year-old album featuring – once again – a band of musicians who mostly don't work with him anymore. I'm sure he has frustration over some of the French remixes and singles he "announced" and which appeared briefly on Amazon for preorder, but were never actually confirmed by the Harvest label. Outside of that I remember thinking that it was the best, most clever publicity and preorder campaign for a modern Morissey album, maybe ever.

You had a deluxe edition including retail exclusive vinyl variant, you had all those delightfully weird, but somehow fitting spoken word music videos for the lead singles, you had handwritten lyric sheets, a bevy of positive advanced press, actual album singles, radio play for the singles. And then – for reasons which are his own – he walked away from the distribution three weeks after release

I won't pretend record company are this grand institutional force for good, we have at the forefront safeguarding artistic integrity and everything else, but I'm pretty sure even Taylor Swift doesn't get everything she wants from her label there has to be some give-and-take with anyone with whom you become business partners.

All of his releases since then and had singles vinyl, and some promotion I don't know what else he's looking for and I don't know what another distribution partner would be looking for from him that he would be capable and willing to provide at this point in his career – especially with the recent track record of acrimony and cancellations

His head is on the bar.

He also, very pointedly, has World Peace Is None of Your Business back. Somehow, I don't think the world is clamoring for a 10-year-old album featuring – once again – a band of musicians who mostly don't work with him anymore. I'm sure he has frustration over some of the French remixes and singles he "announced" and which appeared briefly on Amazon for preorder, but were never actually confirmed by the Harvest label. Outside of that I remember thinking that it was the best, most clever publicity and preorder campaign for a modern Morissey album, maybe ever.

You had a deluxe edition including retail exclusive vinyl variant, you had all those delightfully weird, but somehow fitting spoken word music videos for the lead singles, you had handwritten lyric sheets, a bevy of positive advanced press, actual album singles, radio play for the singles. And then – for reasons which are his own – he walked away from the distribution three weeks after release

I won't pretend record company are this grand institutional force for good, we have at the forefront safeguarding artistic integrity and everything else, but I'm pretty sure even Taylor Swift doesn't get everything she wants from her label there has to be some give-and-take with anyone with whom you become business partners.

All of his releases since then and had singles vinyl, and some promotion I don't know what else he's looking for and I don't know what another distribution partner would be looking for from him that he would be capable and willing to provide at this point in his career – especially with the recent track record of acrimony and cancellations
I thought that as well when I heard the announcement. By now, everyone who wants World Peace probably already has it (either a physical or digital copy). It would be nice to get it back on streaming platforms but it seems like he needs a record deal to do that as well - unless there is another reason why he is holding out.

I must have forgotten about the hand written lyric sheets. Where/when were they available?

I must have forgotten about the hand written lyric sheets. Where/when were they available?
https://superdeluxeedition.com/news/morrissey-world-peace-is-none-of-your-business-buying-options/
Looks like I was slightly mistaken – the lyric sheets appear to have been typed, but in that deluxe album preorder – which was available on universal website, exhibit those lyric sheets T-shirt and an autographed copy of the autobiography. So a little bit less special, but still a prodigious preorder campaign I think by any reasonable measure.
I'm sure FWD will correct me – and is welcome to – if I have misremembered and misrepresented any of the finer details

https://superdeluxeedition.com/news/morrissey-world-peace-is-none-of-your-business-buying-options/
Looks like I was slightly mistaken – the lyric sheets appear to have been typed, but in that deluxe album preorder – which was available on universal website, exhibit those lyric sheets T-shirt and an autographed copy of the autobiography. So a little bit less special, but still a prodigious preorder campaign I think by any reasonable measure.
I'm sure FWD will correct me – and is welcome to – if I have misremembered and misrepresented any of the finer details
The poster was shite and the less said about the t-shirt the better. Lyric sheets were the best bit.

Back
Top Bottom