“It was dangerous sex (…)”: KrisTeen Young talks about her first meeting with Morrissey

An anonymous person sends the link:

“It was dangerous sex (…)”: KrisTeen Young talks about her first meeting with Morrissey - Blog do Marcelo Fialho

One day before the first concert of Morrissey South America Tour ´13, we´ve interviewed his opening act, Kristeen Young, about her upcoming album with Dave Grohl, meeting Morrissey and a lot more…

Excerpt:

*How was your first contact with Morrissey music? And your first meeting ?
It was dangerous sex, the meaning of life, and the best chocolate cake I’ve ever had. (same answer for both questions)

*What can you tell about your participation in “That´s How People Grow Up” ? Was this song composed thinking about your voice, or did you choose in a demo which one would you like to put vocals in ?
Morrissey brought me in pretty much after everything had been recorded. I didn’t choose the song. He chose ME for the song. He asked me to sing something operatic at the beginning. And that’s really all the direction I got. I remember at one point….during a break….he left the control room and came into the room where I had been singing. I was lying on the floor and he went over to the piano and started playing a tune. It was really soothing and I felt like that was a moment where we really bonded ….for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is everyone even bothered that she's lying about her and Moz' sexual connection? We all know he prefers to nibble on a little chorizo instead of a taco anyway

The first time she didn't take any responsibility at all, by issuing a statement that said she didn't "mean it that way", and that it was just part of her "show". Whats she going to say this time? That she was misquoted? Give her a rope and she'll hang herself. The only surprising part is that she was taken back in the first instance. Sure she'll try to save this by saying it was a joke, but how many times can you do that? Morrissey is an icon and will remain one, but the fact that she still tries to bring him down to her own level is just stupid. He might like her, and he might like her music, but her association with him does nothing for him. It serves only herself. And she's good at going back on her own words. Recently she posted on FB on her own page, that she's a "real slut". In a thread of about 50 unrelated comments, as soon as she got 2 single comments that were negative about that, all of it instantly disappeared. I think alot of peoples main issue with her is that you can't play dumb and naive and hard done by, only when its convenient. It is transparent, and it gets old.

she's already been given a rope and has hung her self several times. she keeps coming back tho, like the living dead. she gets forgiven and comes back. She may or may not be a real slut. who cares? she's an attention whore so maybe that was the reference to 'slut'. I think a majority of her comments both in interviews and on FB are ill-thought out. she may think she's smart (and she well may be) but she doesn't have much common sense or tact. she's old news trying to be new news. both tony and Morrissey haven't gotten her as far as she would like to be and that rankles her--so she says stupid shit to gain attention and stir a shit storm (which she seems to take a perverse pleasure in doing). she's like a 30 yr old still living with their parents, afraid to move out into the big scary world on their own.

So this newsbit gets buried, its not even advertised by Kristeen on her own page at any point, and sudenly after it is reported here, in 6 hours the tour is canceled. Noone appeared to be sick at any point, I think we saw signings even over the weekend, Mozz looked in great health and in great moods, Boz was posting away all of Sunday, and even 4 hours before the cancellation broke on Tuesday, he was out for drinks. As many have posted on the main tour cancelation thread, food poisoning doesn't knockout an entire 5 week long tour from the get go. I don't agree with CrystalGeezer too many times and I have never posted on this site before in my life altho I have read it for more than 10 years, but I think a lot of people posting on this thread saw this as a joke. Not so sure Mozz would have thought so. CrystalGeezers comments were on the mark, and it sounded to me like people who disagreed were maybe just alot younger. I wonder if we will finally see a new opening act on the next tour. About time. Not too even mention, with Tony Visconti behind her, and Mozz AND Bowie in her own back catalogue, and she gripes about that the music industry "ignores" her? Well, it's defiitely not because of their inputs! Maybe Dave Grohl will be able to help her out.

Whether or not they actually had sex, my point about nobody before Kristeen Young having ever come out and directly stated having sex with Morrissey still stands. Whether as a joke, a "metaphor" or as fact.
"Morrissey gives good head, I mean, er, cunnilingus," was her previous stab at a metaphorical flourish.

So blow me.

The comment definitely still stands, king Leer. Which is why he's gonna be PO'd! And joke, or metaphor, or good taste, she fails on all counts, and more. I'm not even going to comment on her music. And this is coming from someone who thinks she does have a good voice. "She keeps coming back, just like something from the living dead" is it. Morrissey liked her, and all she did for him, was end up getting comments like this thread in return. No wonder he called it SoLow, but, Poor Moz! She may or may not be a nice person, but the point is moot. Don't claim you are overlooked by "the industry", if you have the creme de la creme on your side on multiple counts, and all you know how to do is to bite the hand that feeds you. There are metaphors, and then, there is just being stupid, and being out for your own cheap thrills. Im sure at some point, this will be follwoed by a post saying she "will never speak about this again". too little, too late. and poor Tony. Some people are nurtured, and then they still fall. And no, its not all about just "the music". By the age of 41 or whatever she is, you should also learn tact. An argument that Bowie or Morrissey always said their piece doesn't even come into it. She isn't in the same league, and is still climbing, and now the tour is cancelled??? I wish her nothing bad, in fact I think she does probably work hard. But she got it everything really wromg, in this collaberation. Over too many years. Kristeen will bounce back, this will only be a blip on her radar at the end of the day, but it is unfair to those who helped her and wanted to champion her, for her to keep playing the "I was only being ironic" card. Sad.

And if he doesn't give a shit this time about her comment what are all the handwringers going to say then?

And if he doesn't give a shit this time about her comment what are all the handwringers going to say then?

That Morrissey's patience for her is unmatched in his patience for anyone else and that there must be something more going on? I dunno. You make it sound like an ultimatum. It's not, it's an observation that she's calculating. Her comments may be "great" but at the end of the day we're all responsible for what comes out of our mouths.

I find it hard to believe he'd cancel the entire tour over a comment -- Morrissey's MO would be to have a note taped to the door saying "You're off the tour".
But then again, flying back to the UK (?) right after getting food poisoning is odd, too.

Whatever it is, I hope all the dates are rescheduled and Morrissey is of sound mind and body when the tour restarts.
He seemed raring to go and had a strong setlist lined up!

I find it hard to believe he'd cancel the entire tour over a comment -- Morrissey's MO would be to have a note taped to the door saying "You're off the tour".
But then again, flying back to the UK (?) right after getting food poisoning is odd, too.

Whatever it is, I hope all the dates are rescheduled and Morrissey is of sound mind and body when the tour restarts.
He seemed raring to go and had a strong setlist lined up!

He was saying that Peru was his lighthouse, the setlist was heartfelt, he was signing stuff everyday looking so beautiful and happy. It's GOTTA be more than this. It's probably a combination of things that this might be a small part of. Or not, I mean on her facebook she made a post that she since deleted thanking people for wishing her well but saying she was only eating candy and not sick. A few comments down she was bemoaning that she travelled so far and everyone was feeling sorry for her. Then she corrected someone and said it wasn't cancelled, it was postponed, so she's still part of the show. I can't imagine he'd cancel a tour over something like this, he'd just fire her like you said. Maybe he doesn't even care about the interview? Who knows.

she just posted some #cray. we're not friends but someone should really teach that girl some #facebook #etiquette. media training is NECESSARY if you aspire to be a public figure.

The amount of angry jealous women here is scary. They fancy Moz, get embarrassingly protective over him, but then claim to be gay. Because it's 'different', it's kooky.

I bet the majority of the hags around here would take what they could get, male, female, or otherwise.

KY was clearly joking, clearly trying to be cool, and clearly failing. I bet Moz couldn't give two (runny) shits about what she said, as he's got more than half a brain and would know she was joking.

Build a bridge ladies...

Morrissey doesn't play any musical instrument, he has said so himself, so if it wasn't Death what could he actually play?
I guess he's still not good at any musical instrument. However he could actually play on 'Death of a Disco Dancer' at least. Andy(Rourke) once said like that : "Well, he'd been tinkling on it(piano) downstairs."

she just posted some #cray. we're not friends but someone should really teach that girl some #facebook #etiquette. media training is NECESSARY if you aspire to be a public figure.

Lol. She just posted this letter on her facebook so people can tell her how healing and good she is for Morrissey. She threw him under the bus AGAIN! (I CAN post this because I'm not part of the tour so morons don't go calling kettle/pot.)

It'll be deleted in 10, 9, 8... :p

A message I just got from an idiot who knows NOTHING

James Duncan
Instead of being sad and pouty about a tour being cancelled you should do the honorable thing for once. Everyone that's been within 100 meters of Moz knows that he's ill and has been for a long time. You are all and will be held responsible for his death which by all accounts will be very soon. Stop going along with him. He is sick and needs help. All of you should refuse the tours and insist he sorts himself out. If you have any love toward the man you would do what's in his best interest not yours. Intervention time is at hand. Please for everyone that loves him and can't do something you do it.

Last edited:
She's MENTAL! WTF? Why would you post a private message on Facebook?

You're trippin' Luke, I'm not jealous.

I just think it's really weird she has bad facebook etiquette. Posting and naming the person who sent you private correspondence is weird. If she was smart, she would have deescalated the situation by responding to the person with a PM of careful measure and sanity.

I deal with with crazy motherf***ers in social media on a much LARGER scale, and i've managed to diffuse all sorts of crazy people. It never gets aired in public. And at the risk of sounding like an asshole, my audience are comprised of substantially more complex organisms than those who populate her page. It's also 50x the size.

She needs to learn to keep the bad shit under wraps. If she feels "not good", she should find herself a reasonably priced Lacanian analyst and just get on with it.

The amount of angry jealous women here is scary. They fancy Moz, get embarrassingly protective over him, but then claim to be gay. Because it's 'different', it's kooky.

I bet the majority of the hags around here would take what they could get, male, female, or otherwise.

KY was clearly joking, clearly trying to be cool, and clearly failing. I bet Moz couldn't give two (runny) shits about what she said, as he's got more than half a brain and would know she was joking.

Build a bridge ladies...

Back
Top Bottom