Morrissey Central "A RUSH AND A PUSH AND THE MUSIC IS OURS" (April 19, 2024)

c4409c14d2e0c1a75462b212cf1845a1d9b6d4d9.jpg

Morrissey has paid the exit fee to Capitol Records in order to return both WORLD PEACE IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS and BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS albums back to him.
"It's been a long, hard, bloody war. Few would make it out alive, and … I'm no exception," he has commented.
Morrissey remains unsigned.

1B2BFCEC-20AA-4738-B5DC-F134BF1C8207.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I see Morrissey as a truth teller and leader for us to change our ways.
I recall reading that Pete Galli also managed inspirational speakers. In a sense, Morrissey acts from that spirit. A relative of mine in music production school said guest speakers are arranged for them between talks and practical sessions. I think that could really suit Morrissey, much more than the sterile lecture scenario. I can imagine the kids being mesmerised and him having a lot of fun. One day soon, we may hear something from Mr Galli and pointers he may be devising for Morrissey.

American Songs also has news of the album buybacks - https://americansongwriter.com/morr...albums-after-bloody-war-with-capitol-records/

I recall reading that Pete Galli also managed inspirational speakers. In a sense, Morrissey acts from that spirit. A relative of mine in music production school said guest speakers are arranged for them between talks and practical sessions. I think that could really suit Morrissey, much more than the sterile lecture scenario. I can imagine the kids being mesmerised and him having a lot of fun. One day soon, we may hear something from Mr Galli and pointers he may be devising for Morrissey.

American Songs also has news of the album buybacks - https://americansongwriter.com/morr...albums-after-bloody-war-with-capitol-records/

That would be amazing, and something I believe Morrissey would suit, as you say.

I think he would enjoy it, and I think he also has a lot to give in that arena. I wonder if he ponders the extensive lecture tours Oscar Wilde undertook.

This idea has never occurred to me, but I find it immediately and incredibly exciting!

Are you delusional? Morrissey as a motivational speaker? :lbf:

More inspirational. The way he has mastered the art of melding words and vocal melodies to music - and his influence on the arrangement of said music - makes me think he could provide a great insight.

More inspirational. The way he has mastered the art of melding words and vocal melodies to music - and his influence on the arrangement of said music - makes me think he could provide a great insight.

I think he can be a great motivational speaker,
if he got on stage, maybe a Ted talk, and broke down and expanded on the meaning of songs such as Accept Yourself and Do Your Best And Don’t Worry.

I don’t think I can imagine a more weird choice for a motivational speaker. Or a more un-Morrissey like thing for him to do.

Apparently, he can't motivate himself to play his own concerts when he doesn't feel like it - so yeah, how is he going to motivate anyone else?

Sometimes it’s just better to spend the day in bed. Even ‘failing’ has its benefits, be good to yourself, etc.

I don’t think I can imagine a more weird choice for a motivational speaker. Or a more un-Morrissey like thing for him to do.
I didn't suggest he be a motivational speaker.

I think he can be a great motivational speaker,
if he got on stage, maybe a Ted talk, and broke down and expanded on the meaning of songs such as Accept Yourself and Do Your Best And Don’t Worry.

I can't see that happening. Is presenting awards the closest he got to making a formal speech?

No, what I envisage is him in a workshop-type scenario with people training in his profession, of singer-songwriter. His own kind who crave his pearls of wisdom and his stories. The interactive channel would be essential, even if he's still the star turn. Despite rumors of his retiring nature, most live interviews aired show him to be a right chatterbox who usually ends up interrogating the interviewers. That's all. 👨‍🏫

The NME mentions Morrissey's grapple with Capitol and previous comments he made about it, in a piece on Sam Smith's upcoming performance for the BBC proms -

^ To me, this sounds like something someone like Alain Whyte could do. Or Gustavo. Or whoever. Not Morrissey. I understand that a bunch of students or wannabe singers would be excited. That’s not a reason to do anything.

I can't see that happening. Is presenting awards the closest he got to making a formal speech?

No, what I envisage is him in a workshop-type scenario with people training in his profession, of singer-songwriter. His own kind who crave his pearls of wisdom and his stories. The interactive channel would be essential, even if he's still the star turn. Despite rumors of his retiring nature, most live interviews aired show him to be a right chatterbox who usually ends up interrogating the interviewers. That's all. 👨‍🏫

The NME mentions Morrissey's grapple with Capitol and previous comments he made about it, in a piece on Sam Smith's upcoming performance for the BBC proms -

Highly unlikely that the Mozzer would follow in the footsteps of Johnny Marr.

Well, that’s been and will continue to be done through the recordings. The songs are the teachers, if one chooses to be the student.

Good f***ing God, some of you people.
You can be a fan of Morrissey's earlier work, like the Smiths and early solo work and not like what he's turned into or think the quality of his work has declined.
Why don't some of you obnoxious assholes make a test for the rest of us to take and float the idea to David to see if it should be a prerequisite for people to post here. He owns this site, not any of you.
You know, the same David who was and possibly still is banned from the shows? Somehow you idiots are ok with that, but not criticism of Morrissey?

Back
Top Bottom