Alain Fight?

Frankly, you could speculate that there is evidence.

First:

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/articles/07/04/20/1519250.shtml

This would have been around the time that Morrissey premiered All You Need is Me on Kimmell Live and, possibly, when it was recorded. As everyone now knows, AYNIM was recorded in Los Angeles with Jerry Finn and, unless he was removed from the final mix or not at the session, Alain is not on the song.

My Dearest Love, despite having minimal guitar parts, nevertheless was also recorded in L.A. with Finn's input (Santaolalla was the credited producer) at some point in 2007 and also does not feature Alain.

THPGU was apparently recorded in San Antonio during the tour, so that's a bit of a different scenario.

I was one of the people who noted "murmurings" via SUPPOSED (I stress, since I was not there) e-mails exchanged with Alain on his myspace site, but, frankly, I didn't intend for it to go down Tittle-Tattle Alley - my idealism, I guess. But, to me, the examples I have cited above are at least enough to give one pause, whatever the case may be. I had assumed that Alain's tight working relationship with Finn meant he was beavering away on tracks whilst the band were on tour last fall.

I would also hope that when Morrissey winds up the publicity machine for Years of Refusal he makes a point to single out Alain. Jesse got all these proprs for being a new "muse" when RotT came out despite providing the more bland and predictable songs. It's not enough to proclaim that he feels Life is a Pigsty is his favorite song or single them out in a Q&A on a fan site - give props to the songwriter in the general public! I am continually amazed at how egoless Alain has been in the intervening four years since his last concert appearance. He has been unfailingly gracious in his praise of Morrissey, so I think the favor deserves returning. Morrissey has clearly looked to him to continue providing the bulk of his melodies.

Cheers,
Jamie

I like your posts Jamie.

Alain in the 9th round.

Even it's a joke, I'm not amused by your sexist attitude.

How is that sexist?
The sewing circle statement was a great one.
The post says.. this is just gossip by people with nothing better to do and is a big waste of time. It has nothing to do with sewing or gender. I don't think calling everyone ladies sexist. It's just a saying.

Where are the "bulk of these melodies", again? Are they on unreleased demos?

this is just gossip by people with nothing better to do and is a big waste of time.

Isn't this what roughly 9/10 of the content of ANY internet fan forum comprised of? The hard news is posted on the main page. There is a place for both fact and speculation on this forum and, frankly, anyone who says there is not is a few acres short of an orchard.

Cheers,
Jamie

The discussion is partially based on rumours, partially based on recently published tracks. In any case, is speculating on the amount of input on Morrissey's new album from one of his main collaborators over the past 16 years a big waste of time?

How is that sexist?
The sewing circle statement was a great one.
The post says.. this is just gossip by people with nothing better to do and is a big waste of time. It has nothing to do with sewing or gender. I don't think calling everyone ladies sexist. It's just a saying.

Last edited:
Even it's a joke, I'm not amused by your sexist attitude.

:rolleyes: Jesus Christ. Lighten up. Men do sew circles too.
Mens.sewing.circle.jpg

Back
Top Bottom