ALL YOU NEED IS ME ! New single (May 19) - details here.

In my opinion, which admittedly doesn't count for much, I think Children In Pieces is up there with the very, very best tunes attached to Morrissey's name. It's a beaut.

Peter

I was reading Rogan's "Morrissey" over the weekend, and he mentioned Morrissey's penchant for carrying song titles in his head. He gave several examples. I agree, I like the "Children in Pieces" instrumental which has been floating around for some time too; however, I think it bears mentioning the end product may bear little resemblance to it. Just a thought.

Vaux:)

Just got an email from record store with the new artwork :D

MOZ-NEED200.jpg

Last edited:
the concept of the uniform single-covers have been there for a while though, all the ringleader singles had the same general aesthetic about them as well.
i kind of like that, although i miss every single looking different too.

Oh no, another one of Moz with his boobs out.
Great if you fancy the fella but a moderately embarassing, record-shop experience for those of us who don’t!

Great if you fancy the fella but a moderately embarassing, record-shop experience for those of us who don’t!

You can buy them from online shops such as Amazon, Sister Ray and Record Store etc.

the concept of the uniform single-covers have been there for a while though, all the ringleader singles had the same general aesthetic about them as well.
i kind of like that, although i miss every single looking different too.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Music Marketing in the 21st century.

It's a trend that has been out there for a while. The music has been slow to keep up with the changes of music listeners, however now the companies are depending more and more on packaging and that awful little word "branding". Most of these design agencies do everything; from the sleeves to the cd, web ads, home pages, digital booklets and in some cases, even the stages at live shows.

I was reading "Design for the Music Industry" a supplement from Computer Arts Magazine where they explain some of the research and marketing that's done for a musician's work. I was shocked to read about Moby's Play album. In the UK, there is a shorter time span spent on promoting an album, where in the US designers are asked to work on promotions for one album for many months, sometimes even tweaking the creative on a state to state basis!

Aw, go on! Be a man! Embrace the new single proudly, like it was Mozza himself with perky boobs and all. :p

I remember you saying this about the last single, and yet it didn't even cross my mind when I bought both 7" 's in HMV and served by a very attractive female. Now I'm wondering if that was such a wise move. :rolleyes:

Ah well, I'm leaving town soon anyway.

Back
Top Bottom