Will you buy the brand new Morrissey single, 'All You Need Is Me'?

Will you buy 'All You Need Is Me' and did you buy 'That's How People Grow Up'?

• Total voters

Maurice E

Well, it’s getting bugger-all airplay but are the fans gonna snap it up?
If not, why not, and if so, why?!

Hell yeah its a bloody good song

(and i buy everything cos i am a loyal so and so):D

I love the song, I'd like it to be in the chart and I'm curious about the new songs, though I'm not very optimistic.

Have heard some very worrying news in the last few days: Morrissey is pulling out of releasing 'All You Need Is Me' at the last minute for undisclosed reasons.....

I pray, pray, PRAY this isn't true, but simply what I've been told.....

My personal opinion is that it would surely be too late to stop something like the release of a single (wouldn't they already have been shipped to stores?), but I like to let people know what I've heard.....

:confused:

Do bears shit in the woods? Is Gordon Brown dull?:eek:

no, because there's no point.

what a question..i can have both;)

Have heard some very worrying news in the last few days: Morrissey is pulling out of releasing 'All You Need Is Me' at the last minute for undisclosed reasons.....

I pray, pray, PRAY this isn't true, but simply what I've been told.....

My personal opinion is that it would surely be too late to stop something like the release of a single (wouldn't they already have been shipped to stores?), but I like to let people know what I've heard.....

:confused:

Hmm, this wouldn't actually surprise me. For this single at least, Moz has lost the support of Radio 2 and fears humiliation in the charts-and we know how obsessed he is with chart success. It's also very unusual that none of the b-sides have been leaked so soon before the release.

If he looked at this poll, he'd see that lots of his fans didn't buy THPGU but are aiming to buy the new single. Even without radio support, he's guaranteed a top 30 place and it could easily go top 20...

Why would he fear humiliation in the charts? All thought the nineties he carried on putting out singles that bombed in the charts. I don't think he's that lily-livered.

Ordered all 3 formats already. Mostly for the B sides.

Why would he fear humiliation in the charts? All thought the nineties he carried on putting out singles that bombed in the charts. I don't think he's that lily-livered.

guess you didn't see the leaked email from Moz after 'The Youngest' charted at around 17 or 18. he was angry as hell!

he probably feels that the bad old days of being a struggling indie has-been (in the 90's) are well behind him. 21st century Moz expects top 10 singles!

Yes. I've decided to start collecting the vinyl and the picture is a cracker.

I've just ordered both THPGU and AYNIM from HMV.

Last edited:
guess you didn't see the leaked email from Moz after 'The Youngest' charted at around 17 or 18. he was angry as hell!

he probably feels that the bad old days of being a struggling indie has-been (inthe 90's) are well behind him. 21st century Moz expects top 10 singles!
He's always angry when his records don't do as well as he wants, even back to the Smiths days. That doesn't mean he gets scared of releasing them though, that's ridiculous.

If it gets withdrawn it will be more to do with record company politics than anything else. They tried to promote it but didn't get the response they wanted, that kind of thing.

He's always angry when his records don't do as well as he wants, even back to the Smiths days. That doesn't mean he gets scared of releasing them though, that's ridiculous.

If it gets withdrawn it will be more to do with record company politics than anything else. They tried to promote it but didn't get the response they wanted, that kind of thing.

I think there's more to it than that. Moz's career is at a particularly fragile state. He's severed links with the NME to the extent that his singles and albums are no longer even advertised in it. He never did that before. Even back in the 90's when he stopped talking to them for years, he (or the record company) still used the paper to communicate with the fanbase, at least through adverts for tours and records.

If this single is a flop, it will indicate that he can't do without the NME's support and advertising space. As it's co-incided with Radio 2 losing interest, Moz is gonna be feeling extremely jittery at the mo.
The last thing he wants is the humiliation of a failed single. To him, that would imply that the NME has won.

The record company will know roughly how well the single will do. Like THPGU, it'll be one week in (or close to) the top 20 then straight out of the top 40. There's no real reason for them to pull it at the last minute.

Back
Top Bottom