"America is Black" - Morrissey on U.S. election - Sam Esty Rayner Photography / Facebook

What a bizarre, unhinged rant. This is perhaps one of the most baffling of them all.

*EDIT*

Text of post below

Message from Morrissey

America is Black

In the United States, minorities are the majority. But who would guess such a thing to scan an eye over the political frontrunners in the 2016 election?
Donald Trump is George Wallace.
Hillary Clinton is pooled money.
Neither speaks for modern America. The day when the new President is to be announced is already prepared as a national day of mourning, for there can be no result for the good of all (or even for the good of most). American politics doesn’t work – not even for the American people alone, and each time you vote you support the process. Far from being excited about immediate change, America is already slumped in a head-shaking disbelief.
The myth that ‘anyone’ can become U.S. President neglects to add the crucial ‘if they have 1 billion dollars to fund their campaign’.
Bernie Sanders, being the only candidate to offer change that does not involve bombs and war and bombs and more war, could not possibly be allowed to win because he far too much resembles a human being. He is true and he is honest but he doesn’t have the necessary 1 billion dollar campaign at his fingertips. Despite his quite incredible initial success, he was not ever allowed CNN headlines. As he won an impressive collection of states, CNN would instead announce A LOSS FOR CLINTON, whereas when Clinton wins, the headlines are hers alone, and do not trumpet A LOSS FOR SANDERS. By this we see how Sanders had always been willed to lose. We have been force-fed a Clinton win from the very start of the election, whereas the astonishing gains by Sanders have been reported as someone getting in the way. There has not been a fair media representation of Sanders success because that success makes it very plain that America is not quite robustly convinced of yet another Clinton president, therefore even the bulk of American democrats are already giving the thumbs down to the future President, which doesn’t look terrific on a global level. Whatever will North Korea think?
With the three main political faces of 2016 being white, it becomes clear that Barack Obama did nothing to build black economic power, and perhaps black oppression is now rife throughout America because Obama had made it clear that he does not defend black people (Ferguson is the only example you need, but there are many others). In white-supremacist political Britain, London’s ‘Princess’ Diana (for she wasn’t ever seen in any other part of the country) was wiped-out because, if still alive, she would now have at least three brown children, and they – not the mentally stunted William and Kate, would be the faces of modern political London, and thus the anarchy of monarchy would feel its grip slip.
Black people built modern America, yet there is zero black energy in American politics. It existed at one time (Malcolm X, Dick Gregory, Dr. King, and perhaps James Baldwin), but no more. CNN has given every main headline for the last six months to Donald Trump – who erroneously believes that America is a ‘white’ country (it wasn’t ever so) and who seems to be a whisper away from uttering the word ‘lynching’. Skeletons in rocking chairs are impressed by Trump’s gung-ho aggression … but why? It’s illogical to create more laws against minorities on the basis that minorities statistically break the law more often than middle-class whites, because, after all, laws in America target blacks and Hispanics far more than they target whites, which is why the masculine energy of numerous TV cop ‘reality’ dramas will only show the police chasing poor people (usually black), but never errant bankers or devious lawyers, or judges who applied the wrong sentence. The sadness, of course, is that even now we must talk in terms of black and white or varied color. It is politics, and not the people, who insist upon divides. How else to rule?
The main crisis of this election is that both Clinton and Trump are, once again, the undisputed faces of the already dominant society – a society that does not work for anyone who is not a billionaire. Clinton talks about new freedoms for women as if women have just been invented. In her world, perhaps they have? Whilst it is true that ALL American TV commercials feature middle-class white women, there is admittedly the obligatory Hispanic passer-by - waving and reassuringly happy on the sidelines, looking in. After a historically shocking two years of random murders of black males by white police officers, where in America are the modern black revolutionaries? Nowhere visible. On Skid Row in Los Angeles, none of the thousands of homeless faces are white. Just coincidence? Instead, we see lots of strong masculine black energy with … nothing to do and nowhere to go and no one to make them believe that hope could even exist. This is the truth of America that is alien to Clinton and Trump, and must always remain so.
It is unimaginable for Ethiopia to ever have a white Prime Minister, for the leaders must at least physically resemble the people to some degree - otherwise, chaos.
What America needs for balance is something that it has never had: a black president.

MORRISSEY
29 April 2016.

I don't know.

Given that Morrissey is a millionaire and a gay man who is too much of coward to come out of the closet, I find his take on minorities, divides and telling the oppressed what to do a bit insincere and difficult to take seriously.

Basically his whole piece was a buildup to that climactic slug at Obama.

I mean I agree that Obama did nothing for blacks. But how can he deny that Trump's policies will be AMAZING for blacks who are determined to work and live productive lives? They don't need a black president to improve on that.

And of course he takes a shot at the police while making unfounded claims. Black on black crime is the big killer of blacks. Get more people working and all of a sudden other problems begin to solve themselves.

Morrissey's head is in the clouds and his mouth is full of pie.

Proof that Morrissey is a conspiracy theorist when he confidently states that Princess Diana was 'wiped out'. I'm just waiting for him to go the full David Icke and declare the Royal Family a bunch of shape-changing alien lizards. C'mon Moz - we all know you believe it. :)

Anyone seen this? It´s not on TTY?

Message from Morrissey: America is Black - Sam Esty Rayner Photography / Facebook
posted Fri. May 13

Message from Morrissey
America is Black
In the United States, minorities are the majority. But who would guess such a thing to scan an eye over the political frontrunners in the 2016 election?
Donald Trump is George Wallace.
Hillary Clinton is pooled money.
Neither speaks for modern America. The day when the new President is to be announced is already prepared as a national day of mourning, for there can be no result for the good of all (or even for the good of most). American politics doesn’t work – not even for the American people alone, and each time you vote you support the process. Far from being excited about immediate change, America is already slumped in a head-shaking disbelief.
The myth that ‘anyone’ can become U.S. President neglects to add the crucial ‘if they have 1 billion dollars to fund their campaign’.
Bernie Sanders, being the only candidate to offer change that does not involve bombs and war and bombs and more war, could not possibly be allowed to win because he far too much resembles a human being. He is true and he is honest but he doesn’t have the necessary 1 billion dollar campaign at his fingertips. Despite his quite incredible initial success, he was not ever allowed CNN headlines. As he won an impressive collection of states, CNN would instead announce A LOSS FOR CLINTON, whereas when Clinton wins, the headlines are hers alone, and do not trumpet A LOSS FOR SANDERS. By this we see how Sanders had always been willed to lose. We have been force-fed a Clinton win from the very start of the election, whereas the astonishing gains by Sanders have been reported as someone getting in the way. There has not been a fair media representation of Sanders success because that success makes it very plain that America is not quite robustly convinced of yet another Clinton president, therefore even the bulk of American democrats are already giving the thumbs down to the future President, which doesn’t look terrific on a global level. Whatever will North Korea think?
With the three main political faces of 2016 being white, it becomes clear that Barack Obama did nothing to build black economic power, and perhaps black oppression is now rife throughout America because Obama had made it clear that he does not defend black people (Ferguson is the only example you need, but there are many others). In white-supremacist political Britain, London’s ‘Princess’ Diana (for she wasn’t ever seen in any other part of the country) was wiped-out because, if still alive, she would now have at least three brown children, and they – not the mentally stunted William and Kate, would be the faces of modern political London, and thus the anarchy of monarchy would feel its grip slip.
Black people built modern America, yet there is zero black energy in American politics. It existed at one time (Malcolm X, Dick Gregory, Dr. King, and perhaps James Baldwin), but no more. CNN has given every main headline for the last six months to Donald Trump – who erroneously believes that America is a ‘white’ country (it wasn’t ever so) and who seems to be a whisper away from uttering the word ‘lynching’. Skeletons in rocking chairs are impressed by Trump’s gung-ho aggression … but why? It’s illogical to create more laws against minorities on the basis that minorities statistically break the law more often than middle-class whites, because, after all, laws in America target blacks and Hispanics far more than they target whites, which is why the masculine energy of numerous TV cop ‘reality’ dramas will only show the police chasing poor people (usually black), but never errant bankers or devious lawyers, or judges who applied the wrong sentence. The sadness, of course, is that even now we must talk in terms of black and white or varied color. It is politics, and not the people, who insist upon divides. How else to rule?
The main crisis of this election is that both Clinton and Trump are, once again, the undisputed faces of the already dominant society – a society that does not work for anyone who is not a billionaire. Clinton talks about new freedoms for women as if women have just been invented. In her world, perhaps they have? Whilst it is true that ALL American TV commercials feature middle-class white women, there is admittedly the obligatory Hispanic passer-by - waving and reassuringly happy on the sidelines, looking in. After a historically shocking two years of random murders of black males by white police officers, where in America are the modern black revolutionaries? Nowhere visible. On Skid Row in Los Angeles, none of the thousands of homeless faces are white. Just coincidence? Instead, we see lots of strong masculine black energy with … nothing to do and nowhere to go and no one to make them believe that hope could even exist. This is the truth of America that is alien to Clinton and Trump, and must always remain so.
It is unimaginable for Ethiopia to ever have a white Prime Minister, for the leaders must at least physically resemble the people to some degree - otherwise, chaos.
What America needs for balance is something that it has never had: a black president.
MORRISSEY
29 April 2016.

rise_up.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know.

Given that Morrissey is a millionaire and a gay man who is too much of coward to come out of the closet, I find his take on minorities, divides and telling the oppressed what to do a bit insincere and difficult to take seriously.

Exactly this. Why does he feel the need to constantly slag on the process and progress of democracy. Nothing is perfect. No one is perfect. He is far from perfect. If you choose to take the optimistic view, Obama did what he thought best for the country. I honestly believe past presidents did the same (minus Nixon and a few others perhaps.) And it is nihilistic to believe that future presidents will not try their best to make America and the world a better place in which to live.

What Morrissey fails to acknowledge is that no person of color other than Ben Carson chose to run. How can we vote for such a person that doesn't exist? There needs to be more diversity in our leadership and I think most Americans believe the same. Rather than complain and finger point why not focus on what can be done? In a way that is what Trump is doing. Shining a light on the inside the beltway politics and cronyism that exists today.

Morrissey is a child. Pointing out the most obvious of things. What is he suggesting we do to correct the injustices of today? Not vote? Really? In the building in which I live is a smart, friendly, sharply dressed, hard working Hispanic kid (in his twenties and I am old) that I voted for in our local elections and he won. I believe there will come a time when such a person will rise to the national level and start the process of bringing our country together. Change does not come easily or quickly but it does come and those who fail to realize this need to heed the following: lead, follow or get out of the way.

The same white supremacy that the British Empire used to control one fifth of the world (and which still exists today, in a sanitized version called the Commonwealth of Nations) is the same white supremacy that the founding fathers used to slowly invade North America and create the United States (and today control much of the world). It's in the very fabric of society and is used to control not only people of color, but white people also, by making white people believe that they are somehow better or have contributed more. I just fell victim to white supremacy as I type this, by referring to human beings as being white or people of color. That's why Donald Chump is so popular with some white people, because he expresses what they have been taught to believe about themselves. Donald Chump is like comfort food to some white people.

President Obama had one great week in office. The week where gay marriage was legalized and the fair housing act and "Obama Care" were upheld. I voted for Obama twice, because I thought having a "black" President would at least represent a small change and also because by having a "black" President, people will realize how little any President can really do. I really feel like Obama will do more good once he is out of office.

The United States is about capitalism and not democracy. It's like Tony Montana said, "First you get the money, then you get the power".

Morrissey bites another hand that feeds him. Good stuff. He's fast running out of both boltholes and money. It's Ronnie Biggs all over again. Time to send in Slipper of the Yard.

I don't know.

This, 100%.

The same white supremacy that the British Empire used to control one fifth of the world (and which still exists today, in a sanitized version called the Commonwealth of Nations) is the same white supremacy that the founding fathers used to slowly invade North America and create the United States (and today control much of the world). It's in the very fabric of society and is used to control not only people of color, but white people also, by making white people believe that they are somehow better or have contributed more. I just fell victim to white supremacy as I type this, by referring to human beings as being white or people of color. That's why Donald Chump is so popular with some white people, because he expresses what they have been taught to believe about themselves. Donald Chump is like comfort food to some white people.

President Obama had one great week in office. The week where gay marriage was legalized and the fair housing act and "Obama Care" were upheld. I voted for Obama twice, because I thought having a "black" President would at least represent a small change and also because by having a "black" President, people will realize how little any President can really do. I really feel like Obama will do more good once he is out of office.

The United States is about capitalism and not democracy. It's like Tony Montana said, "First you get the money, then you get the power".

Obama was once so black that Morrissey had to stop singing America Is Not The World. Now, at the fag end of his Presidency, and deemed by some on both sides of the political divide either a disappointment or a disaster, Obama's an honorary honky in the eyes of the extreme left. How f***ing insulting to put quotation marks around his race while decrying white supremacy. I don't for a moment doubt you are an imbecile. I'm just deciding how much of one you are. It's not looking good though.

For the record I think Obama was a better man than he was President, but to somehow excuse his failures by rebranding him as a different race is racism in its purest form.

Morrissey is so contrived nowadays. He's simply trying to compensate for all the years he was called a racist.

You are conflating white supremacy with white achievement.

I don't know.

yes, that much is true.

Obama was once so black that Morrissey had to stop singing America Is Not The World. Now, at the fag end of his Presidency, and deemed by some on both sides of the political divide either a disappointment or a disaster, Obama's an honorary honky in the eyes of the extreme left. How f***ing insulting to put quotation marks around his race while decrying white supremacy. I don't for a moment doubt you are an imbecile. I'm just deciding how much of one you are. It's not looking good though.

For the record I think Obama was a better man than he was President, but to somehow excuse his failures by rebranding him as a different race is racism in its purest form.

I only put "black" in quotation marks, to try to highlight how people are defined by color of skin, when it's not what I believe defines a human being. I guess it could be taken as mocking President Obama, but I didn't mean it that way. I am "white" and hate racism. That's why it's such a touchy subject, because just talking about it creates hostile reactions like yours. It's like I typed, white supremacy is a tool used to control people. It's divide and conquer.

Bravo Moz! I'm so glad Mozzer changed his position on Clinton. I changed parties from Peace & Freedom to Democrat so I can vote for Bernard. #FeelTheBern

Agreed. The Affordable Health Care Act was the only good thing from Obama. Except it hasn't benefited me personally. Although, I could have gotten an anti-viral for the flu, but the commercials weren't airing yet (I got the flu in Oct.) Other than that, having health care has sucked because the doctors keep asking to check out my privates. WTF!

Check this out:
May 13, 2016, 07:00 am
President Obama's horrible, terrible legacy on student loans
http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-b...mas-horrible-terrible-legacy-on-student-loans

#RipOff #GovernmentCorruption

Remember when Africans were kidnapped and used as slaves? They were ideal slaves because they couldn't get back home easily, and then couldn't blend in easily if they ran away, plus, they were immune to certain diseases. When they were freed, they got used as sharecroppers and wage-slaves. Some freed slaves said they were better off as slaves because they got room and board, better clothes and food. Makes you think just how corrupt the system is.

Go, Moz, go! Thanks for being so right on. Cute photo from Mr. Esty.

Cheers!

#MeatIsMurder

I don't know.

Is Morrissey supposed to not give a shit because he is wealthy? He doesn't have to stick his neck out. He may not be perfect but I applaud him for standing up for minorities and the poor. No f***er else does. The human race is enslaved and cannot see it. We are working harder and harder and getting less and less in return. We all know where our taxes are going to. To fund bogus wars that ultimately line the pockets of the owners of corporations that make weapons. Does anyone on here know also that The Federal Reserve and The Bank of England are private companies that charge interest to governments to whom they loan money?

The sexuality thing is redundant. I would rather have a public figure with a bit of dignity and self respect about what is really the least interesting thing about a person, namely what they do with their genitals. I'm sick of the Adams and the Sams and the Eltons and the love that can't shut its mouth.

Morrissey is a bit off on Mr Sanders. He supported Serbia, Libya, and Syria, and voted to give Bush the ability to wage war anywhere he wanted. He is as much an interventionist as Hillary is. He won't get the independent vote because they hear the words European democracy and they think the worst.

As far as the Trump is George Wallace comparison....Wallace I believe was much more a racist where as Trump just tells the rubes who vote what they want to hear. He will re-tweet David Duke and then claim ignorance.

Back
Top Bottom