"America is Black" - Morrissey on U.S. election - Sam Esty Rayner Photography / Facebook

What a bizarre, unhinged rant. This is perhaps one of the most baffling of them all.

*EDIT*

Text of post below

Message from Morrissey

America is Black

In the United States, minorities are the majority. But who would guess such a thing to scan an eye over the political frontrunners in the 2016 election?
Donald Trump is George Wallace.
Hillary Clinton is pooled money.
Neither speaks for modern America. The day when the new President is to be announced is already prepared as a national day of mourning, for there can be no result for the good of all (or even for the good of most). American politics doesn’t work – not even for the American people alone, and each time you vote you support the process. Far from being excited about immediate change, America is already slumped in a head-shaking disbelief.
The myth that ‘anyone’ can become U.S. President neglects to add the crucial ‘if they have 1 billion dollars to fund their campaign’.
Bernie Sanders, being the only candidate to offer change that does not involve bombs and war and bombs and more war, could not possibly be allowed to win because he far too much resembles a human being. He is true and he is honest but he doesn’t have the necessary 1 billion dollar campaign at his fingertips. Despite his quite incredible initial success, he was not ever allowed CNN headlines. As he won an impressive collection of states, CNN would instead announce A LOSS FOR CLINTON, whereas when Clinton wins, the headlines are hers alone, and do not trumpet A LOSS FOR SANDERS. By this we see how Sanders had always been willed to lose. We have been force-fed a Clinton win from the very start of the election, whereas the astonishing gains by Sanders have been reported as someone getting in the way. There has not been a fair media representation of Sanders success because that success makes it very plain that America is not quite robustly convinced of yet another Clinton president, therefore even the bulk of American democrats are already giving the thumbs down to the future President, which doesn’t look terrific on a global level. Whatever will North Korea think?
With the three main political faces of 2016 being white, it becomes clear that Barack Obama did nothing to build black economic power, and perhaps black oppression is now rife throughout America because Obama had made it clear that he does not defend black people (Ferguson is the only example you need, but there are many others). In white-supremacist political Britain, London’s ‘Princess’ Diana (for she wasn’t ever seen in any other part of the country) was wiped-out because, if still alive, she would now have at least three brown children, and they – not the mentally stunted William and Kate, would be the faces of modern political London, and thus the anarchy of monarchy would feel its grip slip.
Black people built modern America, yet there is zero black energy in American politics. It existed at one time (Malcolm X, Dick Gregory, Dr. King, and perhaps James Baldwin), but no more. CNN has given every main headline for the last six months to Donald Trump – who erroneously believes that America is a ‘white’ country (it wasn’t ever so) and who seems to be a whisper away from uttering the word ‘lynching’. Skeletons in rocking chairs are impressed by Trump’s gung-ho aggression … but why? It’s illogical to create more laws against minorities on the basis that minorities statistically break the law more often than middle-class whites, because, after all, laws in America target blacks and Hispanics far more than they target whites, which is why the masculine energy of numerous TV cop ‘reality’ dramas will only show the police chasing poor people (usually black), but never errant bankers or devious lawyers, or judges who applied the wrong sentence. The sadness, of course, is that even now we must talk in terms of black and white or varied color. It is politics, and not the people, who insist upon divides. How else to rule?
The main crisis of this election is that both Clinton and Trump are, once again, the undisputed faces of the already dominant society – a society that does not work for anyone who is not a billionaire. Clinton talks about new freedoms for women as if women have just been invented. In her world, perhaps they have? Whilst it is true that ALL American TV commercials feature middle-class white women, there is admittedly the obligatory Hispanic passer-by - waving and reassuringly happy on the sidelines, looking in. After a historically shocking two years of random murders of black males by white police officers, where in America are the modern black revolutionaries? Nowhere visible. On Skid Row in Los Angeles, none of the thousands of homeless faces are white. Just coincidence? Instead, we see lots of strong masculine black energy with … nothing to do and nowhere to go and no one to make them believe that hope could even exist. This is the truth of America that is alien to Clinton and Trump, and must always remain so.
It is unimaginable for Ethiopia to ever have a white Prime Minister, for the leaders must at least physically resemble the people to some degree - otherwise, chaos.
What America needs for balance is something that it has never had: a black president.

MORRISSEY
29 April 2016.

Morrissey bites another hand that feeds him. Good stuff. He's fast running out of both boltholes and money. It's Ronnie Biggs all over again. Time to send in Slipper of the Yard.

Better still let's just do what Brummie Boy suggested and throw him in the sea !

He's a total 4kin CrankFraud !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Having no record contract is making his mind mush. Obama is black then is not black then he is then he is not, what a pile of nonsensical rubbish.

Of course he changed from Hillary to Bernie, its the kid thing to do. All the old lefties are doing it.

Seems weird that something wouldn't appear on tty since it is where he writes his official words. Sanders tax plan would cost fifteen trillion but add thirty trillion to the national debt put a sixty percent tax raise on The wealthy and raise taxes on the middle class as well raise interest rates and make things worse for everyone. It would of course also never get through congress and be a giant waste of time and resources. Obama, who has avoided being the black president to his credit, has launched multiple doj investigations into the police department for example in Ferguson, and in many other places, that found a pattern of racialprofiling for profit, as well as pursued issues of clemency and prison reform that congress tries to block at every turn which will if allowed to follow through help a lot of so called minorities (though the Atlantis article of the twilight of white america would say that there is no majority and that the white population isn't even the largest anything anymore). Sanders has lost the black vote by a mile for a reason and is just another white male trying to tell minorities that he's the one they needed to pick. Let's not forget the really sad things he's had to say about blacks and why he lost so many important states with large black populations. His main group of voters are white males and people under twenty five tough even that group hasn't voted or turned out in the numbers they did for Obama.

Morrissey is a bit off on Mr Sanders. He supported Serbia, Libya, and Syria, and voted to give Bush the ability to wage war anywhere he wanted. He is as much an interventionist as Hillary is. He won't get the independent vote because they hear the words European democracy and they think the worst.

As far as the Trump is George Wallace comparison....Wallace I believe was much more a racist where as Trump just tells the rubes who vote what they want to hear. He will re-tweet David Duke and then claim ignorance.

Yup, that's the corporate deal maker in him. Also sanders in gun control ain't great either

Didnt take him long to touch down at the airport to hit the vodka.
Who knows whats he talking about? Malcolm X? Definitely hitting the vodka.

"It’s illogical to create more laws against minorities on the basis that minorities statistically break the law more often than middle-class whites, because, after all, laws in America target blacks and Hispanics far more than they target whites, which is why the masculine energy of numerous TV cop ‘reality’ dramas will only show the police chasing poor people (usually black), but never errant bankers or devious lawyers, or judges who applied the wrong sentence. The sadness, of course, is that even now we must talk in terms of black and white or varied color. It is politics, and not the people, who insist upon divides. How else to rule? "

Laws against minorities? What is he on about?

Is Morrissey supposed to not give a shit because he is wealthy? He doesn't have to stick his neck out. He may not be perfect but I applaud him for standing up for minorities and the poor. No f***er else does. The human race is enslaved and cannot see it. We are working harder and harder and getting less and less in return. We all know where our taxes are going to. To fund bogus wars that ultimately line the pockets of the owners of corporations that make weapons. Does anyone on here know also that The Federal Reserve and The Bank of England are private companies that charge interest to governments to whom they loan money?

The sexuality thing is redundant. I would rather have a public figure with a bit of dignity and self respect about what is really the least interesting thing about a person, namely what they do with their genitals. I'm sick of the Adams and the Sams and the Eltons and the love that can't shut its mouth.

:thumb:

There's a bit of a flaw in what Morrissey is saying.

If America does vote for a black president at some point in the future, how will be know they are actually really black, and not just pretend black like Obama? Would there be some sort of umpire?

yes, that much is true.

What is your f***ing point you ridiculous brownnoser? If you've got something to say then say it. What exactly do you disagree with? Can you even string together a proper sentence? :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

You're going on ignore, f***ing moron.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Last edited:
Exactly this. Why does he feel the need to constantly slag on the process and progress of democracy. Nothing is perfect. No one is perfect. He is far from perfect. If you choose to take the optimistic view, Obama did what he thought best for the country. I honestly believe past presidents did the same (minus Nixon and a few others perhaps.) And it is nihilistic to believe that future presidents will not try their best to make America and the world a better place in which to live.

What Morrissey fails to acknowledge is that no person of color other than Ben Carson chose to run. How can we vote for such a person that doesn't exist? There needs to be more diversity in our leadership and I think most Americans believe the same. Rather than complain and finger point why not focus on what can be done? In a way that is what Trump is doing. Shining a light on the inside the beltway politics and cronyism that exists today.

Morrissey is a child. Pointing out the most obvious of things. What is he suggesting we do to correct the injustices of today? Not vote? Really? In the building in which I live is a smart, friendly, sharply dressed, hard working Hispanic kid (in his twenties and I am old) that I voted for in our local elections and he won. I believe there will come a time when such a person will rise to the national level and start the process of bringing our country together. Change does not come easily or quickly but it does come and those who fail to realize this need to heed the following: lead, follow or get out of the way.

You are nicely brainwashed. So sorry.

Morrissey is a bit off on Mr Sanders. He supported Serbia, Libya, and Syria, and voted to give Bush the ability to wage war anywhere he wanted. He is as much an interventionist as Hillary is. He won't get the independent vote because they hear the words European democracy and they think the worst.

As far as the Trump is George Wallace comparison....Wallace I believe was much more a racist where as Trump just tells the rubes who vote what they want to hear. He will re-tweet David Duke and then claim ignorance.

I agree with the first part of your comment. Yes, Hillary is awful and a war criminal, but Sanders is almost as bad, but his supporters tend to his terrible foreign policy, because americans couldn't care less about those things.

Isn't this also dated from April. Again why do you guys think this wasn't on tty as that's where everything else gets posted

Morrissey is so contrived nowadays. He's simply trying to compensate for all the years he was called a racist.

exactly! :thumb: now that the black lives matter movement is getting some recognition, he totally wants to jump on that bandwagon, but he needs to realize that a lot of people are aware of some of his racist statements and they don't believe him. Sorry moz

Last edited:
I don't know.

Given that Morrissey is a millionaire and a gay man who is too much of coward to come out of the closet, I find his take on minorities, divides and telling the oppressed what to do a bit insincere and difficult to take seriously.

You mean like the bullshit you just posted? Your ignorance sounds blissful.

- - - Updated - - -

exactly! :thumb: now that the black lives matter movement is getting some recognition, he totally wants to jump on that bandwagon, but he needs to realize that a lot of people are aware of some of his racist statements and they don't believe him. Sorry moz

and some more whining from the usual suspects :)

What is your f***ing point you ridiculous brownnoser? If you've got something to say then say it. What exactly do you disagree with? Can you even string together a proper sentence? :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

You're going on ignore, f***ing moron.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

So true. Many here are great at pointing fingers and they are the most inarticulate and incapable of carrying a discussion farther than calling someone a c*nt or something else derogatory. Not that KS has done this. I have been challenged here many times in a civil manner on my point of view. I enjoy reading others thoughts and feelings raised by the topics presented here. It's easy to finger point and insult it takes strength to be constructive and thoughtful.

are the very few and rare black peeps that attend moz concerts or buy his records in microscopic quantities, would they qualify as coconuts?

Obama was once so black that Morrissey had to stop singing America Is Not The World. Now, at the fag end of his Presidency, and deemed by some on both sides of the political divide either a disappointment or a disaster, Obama's an honorary honky in the eyes of the extreme left.

Yes, my gut feeling is this is so Moz can put 'America is Not the World' back in the setlist, and still sing 'that' line. Obama isn't black, according to Morrissey, and once Hilary Clinton wins (as looks pretty much inevitable at this point) he can say she isn't female either.

Perhaps I suffer some kind of blindness in relation to skin color. I can only see people, good or bad, useful or useless, ugly or beautiful, honest or corrupt, talented or not, poor or rich, charitable or exploiters, dictators or democratic, with home or homeless, beaten by police or bad cops, employed or unemployed, educated or uneducated, etc. There are thousands of ways of classifying human beings for their really important features. Not being racist is not classifying people by the hue of their skin, whether to speak well of them or to criticize them. I refuse to let people judge me by the color of my skin, because nothing they can see about me just with their eyes defines my value as a human being.

Back
Top Bottom