Another reunion rumour

As long as they spare poor Mike and Andy this ordeal, they can do whatever they like. I, personally, would love to see MozMarr together without the help of photoshop. :tears:

What we need is a tour of 'Mike & Andy from The Smiths" with a new guitarist and lead singer.

And in other news:

PigsFly.jpg

ps: Peter, I think you Mrs might have confused the Smiths with Take That. :D

Would love to hear a Morrissey/Marr album with their 2009/2010 themes and influences - let's be honest, people are slating Morrissey's new album before they've even heard it, so it'd be quite interesting to see how they'd reunite.

Wouldn't want to see them called The Smiths though. Sail on under their own steam, rather than relying on the brand-name.

I too would love to hear/see a Morrissey/Marr collaboration now after all these years. You could say I'm a dreamer (but I'm not the only one). ;)

Smiths reunite after over 20 years and a court case:
fight_cartoon.jpg

it will never happen i'm sure

:eek: HOW DID YOU KNOW THE NAME OF THE LEAD SINGLE OF MOZ'S 2010 FOLLOW UP TO YOR ALREADY!? :D

Actually, I had been anxious when I heard that Magazine had not yet announced a replacement guitarist for John McGeoch for their February shows. Marr and Devoto would be brilliant. But alas, in case you haven't heard, Noko was selected. But I'm not depressed by that at all -- Luxuria is my favorite.

I'm definitely up for something ShelleyDevoto-esque coming from MorrisseyMarr. I believe one of them said that in an interview back in the 90s. Something along the lines of, "It wouldn't be called 'the Smiths.' Hand over heart, gun to head, it would be called something like 'Morrissey and Marr'." Something of that nature. That quote made it all seem so promising to me.

What we need is a tour of 'Mike & Andy from The Smiths" with a new guitarist and lead singer.

Get that bloke pretending to be Freddy Mercury in!

Can I start the rumour that I overheard a bloke in the pub who says he knows Johnny Marr and that he's planning something very special for Morrissey's 50th birthday...

Just a rumour...but I have my tickets...just in case :)

Double Page Spread in today's Independent

Here, with an interesting note that Irving Azoff may be behind a push for The Smiths to reform.

Peter

Can I start the rumour that I overheard a bloke in the pub who says he knows Johnny Marr and that he's planning something very special for Morrissey's 50th birthday...

Aw, is he taking the Mrs out for a nice slap up meal :rolleyes::D

Hmm.... seems funny that this story should appear the week Moz's tour tickets are released and a couple of months before a new album comes out. No such thing as bad publicity etc etc. Max clifford would be proud.....

People in the pub are never wrong. :rolleyes:

I have mine too. :)

I think there are two camps here. The people who never saw them live would love them to reform and the people who have seen them live would not want them to reform. I saw them in 85 and 86, would love to see them live again but it would spoil the legend of The Smiths somewhat.

Back
Top Bottom