Apparently they finished recording

As I recall, it didn't take more than 3 months for WPINOYB to hit the streets (before being promptly deleted) after recording was finished. Four songs were available as downloads a month before that. Things happen more quickly these days than in yesteryear. If shows are being planned for the fall, a September or October album release sounds about right.
Yup, started recording February 1st and was back on tour in May.

Check out @artfitpro's Tweet:

Does anyone know what this is?

Check out @artfitpro's Tweet:

first one is by KUSH Audio UBK called the 'Tweaker' a kind of modern day compressor that gives the user a choice of old school vintage compressor sounds.

second, the LA 2A optical compressor/limiter

https://www.attackmagazine.com/reviews/the-best/top-20-best-hardware-compressors-ever-made/20/

'Top producers revere the LA-2A for its subtle warming characteristic – it can be as transparent as you want on vocals – but it can also be hit hard to yield a sizzlingly overdriven signal. It’s also frequently used as part of a vocal compression chain, working in series with another compressor such as an 1176 to yield silky-smooth vocals. The LA-2A can be hit hard to smooth off the biggest peaks before running the signal into the 1176 to tidy up what’s left, or vice versa.'

third is a black face 1176 by UREI.

https://www.attackmagazine.com/reviews/the-best/top-20-best-hardware-compressors-ever-made/19/

'Sound-wise, the 1176 Peak Limiter can be many things, but it is probably best known for the energy and high-class grit it bestows, a musically-pleasing pushing of the tone in the lower mids. Think big. But also think intimate. That’s the 1176’s dichotomic charm. For grabbing vocals and placing them at the front of the mix it’s near impassable. But it’ll also work on just about anything else, from kicks, snares and claps through to synths and even full drum sub-mixes.'

first one is by KUSH Audio UBK called the 'Tweaker' a kind of modern day compressor that gives the user a choice of old school vintage compressor sounds.

second, the LA 2A optical compressor/limiter

https://www.attackmagazine.com/reviews/the-best/top-20-best-hardware-compressors-ever-made/20/

'Top producers revere the LA-2A for its subtle warming characteristic – it can be as transparent as you want on vocals – but it can also be hit hard to yield a sizzlingly overdriven signal. It’s also frequently used as part of a vocal compression chain, working in series with another compressor such as an 1176 to yield silky-smooth vocals. The LA-2A can be hit hard to smooth off the biggest peaks before running the signal into the 1176 to tidy up what’s left, or vice versa.'

third is a black face 1176 by UREI.

https://www.attackmagazine.com/reviews/the-best/top-20-best-hardware-compressors-ever-made/19/

'Sound-wise, the 1176 Peak Limiter can be many things, but it is probably best known for the energy and high-class grit it bestows, a musically-pleasing pushing of the tone in the lower mids. Think big. But also think intimate. That’s the 1176’s dichotomic charm. For grabbing vocals and placing them at the front of the mix it’s near impassable. But it’ll also work on just about anything else, from kicks, snares and claps through to synths and even full drum sub-mixes.'

It sounds like they did the mixing then in Rome. I read an article where Joe described the mixing on WPINOYB and it was done by seversal people in different cities and it sounded like a nightmare. And ffs, i hope the title of this album is shorter.

Just passing on the info - there may have been a bust-up between Moz and Boz, with Boz quitting. You can't do a tour without your guitarist. Can you?

I will no doubt check this out, enjoy 2/3s of it, find one song absolutely unbearable and borderline offensive, and that's that. Roll on.

sorry skinny but I have to cal bullplop on this,if it was any other member of the band then yes it could happen but I think bozz has been through all the stuff that's gone before and hes somewhat immune to it all now.is it just me or has alan been in the limelight a bit more in the last few months.if bozz did leave then mozz could send out an sos and who knows maybe alan could be back in.then again I could be talking agricultural manure.

sorry skinny but I have to cal bullplop on this,if it was any other member of the band then yes it could happen but I think bozz has been through all the stuff that's gone before and hes somewhat immune to it all now.is it just me or has alan been in the limelight a bit more in the last few months.if bozz did leave then mozz could send out an sos and who knows maybe alan could be back in.then again I could be talking agricultural manure.

That's OK. As I said above, I'm only telling you what I heard. Nothing more or less.

You did not use "rumor" but "info". Do feel free to tell us your source so that it sounds believable.

Yeah it'd be easier to believe if we knew where it came from. If so it must be very recent. Didn't boz post about he smiths reissue and some stuff about recording

I don't think Boz has ever quit anything, he gets along with everyone. They are all a laid back group and get along well.

Back
Top Bottom