"Arms around Paris" - the (UK) chart prediction thread!

Where do you think "ITMAAP" will enter the UK chart?

• Total voters

Maurice E

-Highest charting singles to date, Irish Blood, You Have Killed Me, both got to 3.
-THPGU missed the top 10, AYNIM missed the top 20 (first Moz single to do so since the 90's).
-Paris is getting reasonable airplay (about the same as You Have Killed Me and THPGU).
-there will be two CD singles, each comes with a new Morrissey/Whyte 'b side'

So, I'm guessing ... 7

Last edited:
Paris is a very charts/radio friendly track. It's by far not as good as "Irish Blood, English Heart" but a lot better than "You Have Killed Me". So my guess is position 3. (Wouldn't mind if it did better though ;))

I prefer it to "Irish Blood..." actually!

It's radio friendly in a "The More You Ignore Me..." kind of way rather than having a "You Have Killed Me" rock-ist tinge. It's also a grower and seemingly getting lots of airplay, but do people even bother to buy singles these days? I'm guessing at the lower edges of the top ten at best, but I'm always hoping for higher... :)

Last edited:
I think Paris will sound great coming out of radios, whereas the ROTT tracks sounded as if they were already coming out of a radio, if that makes sense.

I can't quite articulate it, but the production is very analog on ROTT, which is nice. When I listen to it it feels like I'm hearing the songs come over AM radio. Not a bad thing if the singles themselves had been stronger...

In the sense that they sound quite old?

I am sure top five. By the way, the more i listen to the song the more i like it. The Video is sublime, last night I was listening to some sport news on the radio and they played arms around paris. I was shocked to hear it in that programme. Amazing,just amazing....
Cheers Moz

I reckon Morrissey is getting the most exposure he's had since YATQ came out in 2004. He has a 2 hour Radio special next wednesday, he's got major exposure on Jonathan Ross next Friday night and, on average, the best reviews for his latest album out of any of the last 3 (Q only gave YATQ 2 out of 5, for instance).

So i think that, if his fans get behind this one, Mozzer has a major chance of his biggest hit yet - i predict a number 2 entry for the single.

I prefer it to "Irish Blood..." actually!

It's radio friendly in a "The More You Ignore Me..." kind of way rather than having a "You Have Killed Me" rock-ist tinge. It's also a grower and seemingly getting lots of airplay, but do people even bother to buy singles these days? I'm guessing at the lower edges of the top ten at best, but I'm always hoping for higher... :)

The fact that single sales are at an all-time low ( i live in a city and only one shop even sells singles!) means that if Mozzers fans all go out and buy the 3 formats, he should have a really good chance of a majorlly high entry.

In the mid week chart the single is between 16 and 20 but I would expect it to drop a few places by the final chart on Sunday.

In the mid week chart the single is between 16 and 20 but I would expect it to drop a few places by the final chart on Sunday.

ooh, that's very low. looks like even Moz-single chart prediction experts like me and Johan will be some way out!
must confess, am a bit surprised.
maybe losing the support of the NME has had a fair impact after all...

Back
Top Bottom