AYNIM out in Germany!

So based on a threadbare demo, some were saying that this was the best thing he's done since the Smiths? (insert incredulous eyeroll) I'm sorry--this is lacking in the extreme. The lyrical melody doesn't fit the music and the music, of course, is more Tobias tripe. I swear Jesse is tone deaf--the only thing he's done that's worse is I Just Want To See The Boy Happy.

I fully expect My Dearest Love to mop the floor with this cack. Morrissey is exquisitely delusional if he thinks Jesse ranks with Alain and Boz as a composer. The only difference is he's cheaper and I'm afraid that's become the true bottom line. To say the least, etc etc...

Cheers,
Jamie

I kind of like it but it's kind of all over the place. The music is nothing interesting which is why it is a b-side...but I think the lyrics are pretty decent but they really don't suit the tune.

I very much liked the track but then again realize that it is indeed a b-side. I felt lyrically Children was quite funny and that the tune was really pretty dramatic. Also I felt the production on it was much better than the tin like sound on Quarry which makes me more optimistic about Finn's work on the album. I also felt that the track seemed a bit strange in that the bulk of the track was very Southpaw-esque(in a good way. But then the part with the backwards singing and the keys screamed Your Arsenal? Was I the only one that felt that?

AYNIM out in Germany - details

So far, only the CD has found it's way to the stores, the 7" are not spotted yet; so even in Germany it's not possible to say how My Dearest Love or Drive-In Saturday sound. We all have to wait until the November, eh, June The Second.

The CD itself is a card sleeve pack just as THPGU was. The cat.-Nr. is Decca F20005 / 4780965 and i think this will be the same as on the UK release (-963 and -964 will be the 7"s btw).

As on the promo, the writing on the side isn't visible at all.
I can hardly get the disc itself, which is packed in an additional papersleeve, out of the sleeve.

Very poor package - Decca must change that for the new record. There are other possibilities for an carbon-neutral package if this is the reason for this crap. Just as the limited edition of Greatest Hits - oversized so that it won't fit in a custom CD rack and made of thin paper - Thank you!

Hope that the 7" B-Sides will at last be available as a download - it does not make any sense to release two 7" at all, when only the very, very old fans have a record player, but to release tracks only on this format is far from being fan-friendly.

It wouldn't hurt the collector that much if this wouldn't affect Morrissey, a man who once took care in every aspect of his releases - as you can read in the Peepholism book. Just lucky that he doesn't like downloads...

Re: AYNIM out in Germany - details

So far, only the CD has found it's way to the stores, the 7" are not spotted yet; so even in Germany it's not possible to say how My Dearest Love or Drive-In Saturday sound. We all have to wait until the November, eh, June The Second.

The CD itself is a card sleeve pack just as THPGU was. The cat.-Nr. is Decca F20005 / 4780965 and i think this will be the same as on the UK release (-963 and -964 will be the 7"s btw).

As on the promo, the writing on the side isn't visible at all.
I can hardly get the disc itself, which is packed in an additional papersleeve, out of the sleeve.

Very poor package - Decca must change that for the new record. There are other possibilities for an carbon-neutral package if this is the reason for this crap. Just as the limited edition of Greatest Hits - oversized so that it won't fit in a custom CD rack and made of thin paper - Thank you!

Hope that the 7" B-Sides will at last be available as a download - it does not make any sense to release two 7" at all, when only the very, very old fans have a record player, but to release tracks only on this format is far from being fan-friendly.

It wouldn't hurt the collector that much if this wouldn't affect Morrissey, a man who once took care in every aspect of his releases - as you can read in the Peepholism book. Just lucky that he doesn't like downloads...

Very interesting point.
I'd suggest you to post this on mainpage as well.

So based on a threadbare demo, some were saying that this was the best thing he's done since the Smiths? (insert incredulous eyeroll) I'm sorry--this is lacking in the extreme. The lyrical melody doesn't fit the music and the music, of course, is more Tobias tripe. I swear Jesse is tone deaf--the only thing he's done that's worse is I Just Want To See The Boy Happy.

I fully expect My Dearest Love to mop the floor with this cack. Morrissey is exquisitely delusional if he thinks Jesse ranks with Alain and Boz as a composer. The only difference is he's cheaper and I'm afraid that's become the true bottom line. To say the least, etc etc...

Cheers,
Jamie

I'll have to respectfully disagree Jamie!

When I first heard the demo, I knew it was going to be interesting to see how Morrissey fits his syllables with the song. I agree that it may not "fit" with the music, but it has gotten much better after repeated listens.

I happen to like the studio version of "Children In Pieces" much more than its threadbare demo. I like how Jesse's playing isn't the trademark of the song, which was the case with Ringleader, and it gives Boz and Alain much more room to make things interesting. Although it's hard to tell what's going on playing-wise until I can actually listen on a good playback medium when the disc finally arrives.

I was fearful of Finn butchering the song, but it sounds as if he's only made it stronger, IMHO.

I'm expecting good things from "My Dearest Love" as well. Someone had mentioned that it sounded very similiar to "Sweetie-Pie", but I guess the rest of us will just have to wait and find out!

I was fearful of Finn butchering the song, but it sounds as if he's only made it stronger, IMHO.

It was produced by Gustavo Santaolalla, Jerry Finn is only credited with "additional production".

I don't know why they had to record this track with Gustavo Santaolalla, I don't think he brought anything special to it. It might have been even better with Jerry Finn producing it alone.

I'm expecting good things from "My Dearest Love" as well. Someone had mentioned that it sounded very similiar to "Sweetie-Pie", but I guess the rest of us will just have to wait and find out!

Chartres posted that he expected My Dearest Love might sound like Sweetie Pie because of the title.

So far no one has actually listened the song yet, we don't know how it sounds like.

Chartres posted that he expected My Dearest Love might sound like Sweetie Pie because of the title.

So far no one has actually listened the song yet, we don't know how it sounds like.

Suggestion... it was more of a joke, they hold a resemblence.

I really like 'Children In Pieces', it's like the Irish cousin of 'The Headmaster Ritual'. I honestly think it's a hundred times better than THPGU.
Can't wait for the new album :p

Here's something strange. I've lost count of the number of messages I posted on here defending Moz & Jerry Finn & Jesse Tobias & yet... I don't like Children In Pieces much. And as much as I'm ashamed to agree with the Tobias haters, it just sounds the same as the stuff on ROTT only better produced (I had to get that one in!). There's no musical progression at all.

Maybe it'll grow on me once I get the cd.

Tags
morrissey new single
Back
Top Bottom