Morrissey Central "Bernie Sanders" (December 10, 2023)

28de9033794f85df3c319bc9cd458e0ee113db01.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Erm, i love Morrissey, but what the f**k is this??? Its like childrens stuff, but worse cos its an adults idea, followed by another adult thinking it was worth making public. No words really.
Why can't we have interesting stuff like unused pictures for shelved sleeves from the past, anything else, anything.
Morrissey please take control of your website, your legacy, its like you dont care anymore.

If M wanted to make some easy money, he could have fans pay a monthly subscription to a site that does have interesting things that fans would actually enjoy, instead there is Central.
A missed opportunity, to say the least.

I wish Moz would do a Christmas album.

Spend the last <10 years of his career recording prolifically so he has a catalog like Elvis. Put it all out on Bandcamp or leave it to the estate

If M wanted to make some easy money, he could have fans pay a monthly subscription to a site that does have interesting things that fans would actually enjoy, instead there is Central.
A missed opportunity, to say the least.
Totally agree Zoom, its just so cheap and tawdry, which are words i would never normally associate with Morrissey.

Does anyone know in what context the meme is being used outside of Central or solo?
It's from a campaign video where he says "I am once again asking for your financial support." You can make him once again ask for anything. Several years old at this point, so it's not being used for anything -- meme years count like dog years. Grandpa posting from the dregs of facebook, but it's kind of cute.

how are you so sure?

None of us can be sure, of course, but it's my suspicion. I think it was when he first debuted Notre-Dame that Occam's razor became sufficient to solve the mystery of pundits like Watson and Vance being promoted on Morrissey Central. I believe someone on here said, "OMG it's him and it's always been him." And things like the unformatted pictures and these horrible photoshops betray a boomer's hand rather than a millennial's. And I don't think anyone but him would be so tickled by every last amateur YouTube cover from all over the globe. It's so appallingly unprofessional, there's almost no way it can be anyone paid or instructed to maintain a decent site.

None of us can be sure, of course, but it's my suspicion. I think it was when he first debuted Notre-Dame that Occam's razor became sufficient to solve the mystery of pundits like Watson and Vance being promoted on Morrissey Central. I believe someone on here said, "OMG it's him and it's always been him." And things like the unformatted pictures and these horrible photoshops betray a boomer's hand rather than a millennial's. And I don't think anyone but him would be so tickled by every last amateur YouTube cover from all over the globe. It's so appallingly unprofessional, there's almost no way it can be anyone paid or instructed to maintain a decent site.
It's him and it's always been him.

I find it silly, in a way : what does Grandpa Moz find funny these days ? You’ll never know what’s next ! :lbf:

Nothing there says to me that it’s surely him. My ‘suspicion’ is that Donnie has a free hand in posting on Central, though of course I also believe M allows and trusts Donnie to post anything M related. Bottom line is … M no longer really cares about quality, especially when in comes to Central.

Btw, be careful how you use Occam’s razor.

If you have time…

It's him and it's always been him.
I always think of Morrissey’s involvement with True To You, before Sam and Donnie (?) came into the picture.

The difference between TTY and Central are startling.

Which is why I don’t believe it’s just Morrissey.

I always think of Morrissey’s involvement with True To You, before Sam and Donnie (?) came into the picture.

The difference between TTY and Central are startling.

Which is why I don’t believe it’s just Morrissey.

In context of quality control?

If true. Then you can say a form of dementia, etc was already showing with the choice of the Southpaw cover and so on.

Still, I think it’s other influences and a lack of interest on Morrissey’s part in regards to the content on Central.

In context of quality control?

If true. Then you can say a form of dementia, etc was already showing with the choice of the Southpaw cover and so on.

Still, think it’s other influences and a lack of interest on Morrissey’s part in regards to the content on Central.
In context of the vast difference between True To You and Central. It's him

Nothing there says to me that it’s surely him. My ‘suspicion’ is that Donnie has a free hand in posting on Central, though of course I also believe M allows and trusts Donnie to post anything M related. Bottom line is … M no longer really cares about quality, especially when in comes to Central.

I don't know anything about Donnie Knutson except that he once wore side-whiskers and Confederate flag wristbands at some Southern-fried death metal event, courtesy of a diligent researcher on here. I can't imagine why a tour manager would be posting dozens of YouTube covers or wacky photoshops, or especially political content.

I think your comment about Morrissey not caring about quality is also a clue: the concert backdrops like those weird triptychs or Ezra Pound with some neon RAF symbol on his cheek instead of regal Edith Sitwell or laughing Harvey Keitel—his whole aesthetic has changed. It fits with the lax aesthetics of Morrissey Central, except that you can see occasional flashes of the old discerning eye in some of the great pictures he chooses for the memorial posts (which is another thing I don't know why a tour manager would be posting, especially a Texan of Knutson's caliber).

Keep yer hair on! Why take it so seriously?

A man who spits quotes has time on his hands...

I wish Moz would do a Christmas album.

Spend the last <10 years of his career recording prolifically so he has a catalog like Elvis. Put it all out on Bandcamp or leave it to the estate

I was thinking the same about a Christmas album. A few originals and covers, but which ones? California Son shows how strong the voice is for classics.

I have not heard a thing about Bernie Sanders for a long time. What headlines is he making these days, if any?

In context of the vast difference between True To You and Central. It's him

Don’t know how you can be so sure, unless you have his medical records.

So you’re saying it’s a disease that he now has that he didn’t have before that reflects the content of Central.

Well, that’s a view point, I guess. Though, not mine.

I have not heard a thing about Bernie Sanders for a long time. What headlines is he making these days, if any?
Silence for several years, but now mostly about Israel's "right to exist," "right to defend itself" against Palestinian invasion, sending a few billion more for the Iron Dome, opposition to any ceasefire in Gaza. The machine reabsorbs.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom