"Bigmouth strikes again and again: why Morrissey fans feel so betrayed" by Tim Jonze - The Guardian

Another hatchet job in The Guardian

Bigmouth strikes again and again: why Morrissey fans feel so betrayed - The Guardian
By Tim Jonze

Once his songs of loneliness and shyness made him a hero to misfits and outsiders. Yet now he is voicing his support for a far-right party

Morrissey response:
Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:

Odd, me and my best friend hate him now because of his Tommy Robinson backing (he's a scumbag)

Lies!

If you hate Morrissey, why the f*** are you on a Morrissey fan site?

Morrissey didn't and doesn't back Tommy Robinson. Morrissey was simply pointing out how Tommy was treated.

You really didn’t. Look at what you wrote.

Also, where do you stand on Morrissey saying that it was a 14 year old boy’s fault that Kevin Spacey sexually assaulted him?

Lies!

He didn't say that, and you bloody know it.

You really didn’t. Look at what you wrote.

Also, where do you stand on Morrissey saying that it was a 14 year old boy’s fault that Kevin Spacey sexually assaulted him?

Hanging out with known homosexual predators in the first place is probably not the best idea in the world.

Laughable. Unbalanced because it contains actual quotes and facts? Did you think the Fiona Dodwell article was unbalanced for the same reason for not containing a counter view? Of course not.
Skinny, many of us criticized the Dodwell article. Many thought the blind idolatry was embarrassing and overdone. You'd see that if you read the comments on that thread.
However, a hatchet job is necessarily negative. You have no point.
Hatchet job: a fierce attack on someone or their work, especially in print.

I see the usual brown-nosers out in force trying to hide posts. FACTS?!?! No, no, no - we can't be having them.
So when a person marks your trolling posts as "troll" this feeds your delusion that you're some sort of force for good? That's worrying.
You do realize that if anyone were to talk to you about this the moment it came out that you're a fan or former fan your credibility would be shot, right? If you were some politically active person who was upset about Morrisey's views and statements that would be a very different thing. You have a grudge with Morrissey and the political angle is just a way to get back at him, maybe for not reforming The Smiths? Who knows why? But you should really look at what you're doing and try to snap out of it before you find yourself on Morrissey's doorstep being tasered by his security.
I don't like his politics either. But your self-aggrandizing crusade here is really bonkers. Brummie Boy was entertaining and thought-provoking. You're just trying to rain on everyone's parade and the worst part is you really think you're doing something.

There’s some guy called Thewlis who has disliked all my posts (fair enough) but he won’t say why. Just wanted to say hello to him. Hi, Thewlis!

There’s some guy called Thewlis who has disliked all my posts (fair enough) but he won’t say why. Just wanted to say hello to him. Hi, Thewlis!
Its a badge of honour when Thewlis dislikes one of your posts. :)

Thewlis is the Diana Mosley of the Morrissey fanbase.

I await my troll reply in due course.

Moz has only himself to blame. He went on this self directed boorish zenaphobic diatribe to this NNE journalist during an hour interview. Moz could have spoken about any subject and chose this. I'd be more understanding if it was in context of him waiting for his heamoroids to be removed on the NHS or trying to get his grand children into a local primary school. He lives as a wealthy foriegner in far off lands where his only daily concern is if its too early to start drinking. He's sadly loosing his humanity and perspective becoming more resentful when he could be joyful, thankfull and kind.
In his latest interview he could have said many words, however he chose to say Third Reich, Normanby landings( used as a joke). To be deliberately inflammatory, what a disgrace he has become, he seeks publicity and record sales at any cost. As for not looking backwards, what about the old covers on his album. Anyone with kids who have tablets can see how they enjoy modern diverse music, with games, Tick Toc, they are creating their own videos, editing, putting soundtracks together. Morrissey in contrast supports hateful people and with his terrible band knock out plodding shite year after year. He's not nice constantly talks himself up. Narcissistic old fart.

The mental gymnastics these bastards go through in order to justify not u-turning years of adoration is horrific to witness.
Then there are the mental gymnastics needed to justify an ongoing trolling campaign at a site you used to moderate. The "years of adoration" is very telling. You feel you've invested in Morrissey and now he owes you. He doesn't.

This article is spot on. I was a Morrissey fan, and in a very committed, long standing way. Disappointed is certainly a word I would use to describe my feelings towards Morrissey now, but I would understand why some feel betrayed. We’ve been had. He has finally nailed his colours to the mast, and this has unraveled past statements and comments he has made that previously we had defended him on, and given him the benefit of the doubt about. Therein lies a huge betrayal.

Morrissey has taken his fans for fools. The only ones who remain, are open all out Racists, closet Racists, and those who couldn’t care less about Racism. If you cared about the world, you’d see it.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom