Bonfire of Teenagers or Without Music The World Dies

You can only choose one album for release, so which one will it be?

• Bonfire of Teenagers

Votes: 44 66.7%
  • Without Music The World Dies

Votes: 22 33.3%

• Total voters
Tough choice but I think I'd prefer Without Music, as we've heard most of the Bonfire songs now live, and I'm not really fussed on the production on Rebels or the way that the tiny snippet of I Am Veronica sounded. I'm very interested to hear the songs from Alain. I wonder if Morrissey found inspiration from France for the album like he did with Italy for Ringleader.

I would have said BOT just because it was recorded first. However, after hearing the recorded version of RWA I'm worried the production may be distractingly bad. The first 2 songs from WMTWD sounded decent. I didn't care for Notre Dame but there is enough unheard material to make me curious. My vote: WMTWD.

I would have said BOT just because it was recorded first. However, after hearing the recorded version of RWA I'm worried the production may be distractingly bad. The first 2 songs from WMTWD sounded decent. I didn't care for Notre Dame but there is enough unheard material to make me curious. My vote: WMTWD.
Same for me. Rebels is just on nightmare (because of production) . WMTWD to hear new songs with Alain

Much like others, WMTWD to hear the other new songs Alain contributed. Plus, they recorded it after the Whyte/Manzur/Tobias/Galeano/Buckley edition came off tour. I'd rather hear a band recorded at full post-tour pelt - a la Southpaw Grammar - than songs recorded in isolated fragments during and post-pandemic.

I've avoided listening to 90% of the new stuff but I really like rebels without applause even if as somebody else mentioned the production is a bit odd I think it's one of his best songs in a while so I will go with bonfire. Hope one of them gets released soon :LOL: Listened to a live version of Notre Dame once too and enjoyed that song, I don't like the lyrics though.

I don’t care if I never get to hear these albums ever, I certainly won’t be buying them if they ever do see the light of day.

From what I’ve heard in the live arena, the majority of these songs are just dreadful,
Limp, and sub standard.

Having heard 7 songs from BOT and only 3 from WMTWD, I voted for the latter because there would be more songs left to discover. The songs I have enjoyed most in their live setting are RWA, WMTWD and BOT (sill mixed feelings about those lyrics though).

Although I am terrified that Andrew Watt could completely destroy such beautiful songs as Glass Window and Oblivion, I would still like Bonfire to be released, even with this crappy cover made in "Paint" .

Anyone want to take a blind stab at the lyrics for Zoom Zoom The Little Boy?

Will it be one of those songs with a seemingly silly title but will have a deeper, darker lyrical tone?

Anyone want to take a blind stab at the lyrics for Zoom Zoom The Little Boy?

Will it be one of those songs with a seemingly silly title but will have a deeper, darker lyrical tone?
Or will it be one of those songs with a silly title and bland, incoherent lyrics (Neal Cassady springs to mind)?

Or will it be one of those songs with a silly title and bland, incoherent lyrics (Neal Cassady springs to mind)?

That’s what I was thinking but didn’t want to say it, lol.

Reminds me too much of The Kid’s A Looker and we all know how that turned out. Even the “laaa laaa laaaa’s” akin to Kerouac’s Crack.

That’s what I was thinking but didn’t want to say it, lol.

Reminds me too much of The Kid’s A Looker and we all know how that turned out. Even the “laaa laaa laaaa’s” akin to Kerouac’s Crack.
Kerouac’s Crack is another one, yes. Horrible. But I have to say, even though I disliked it at the time, The Kid’s a Looker is not that bad, I don’t think. I think it’s all about perspective. Fast forward a few years and the material (some of it) would nosedive much deeper.

Kerouac’s Crack is another one, yes. Horrible. But I have to say, even though I disliked it at the time, The Kid’s a Looker is not that bad, I don’t think. I think it’s all about perspective. Fast forward a few years and the material (some of it) would nosedive much deeper.

It might be because I consider it so closely to People Are The Same Everywhere.

I adore Action Is My Middle Name and Scandinavia, though.

It might be because I consider it so closely to People Are The Same Everywhere.

I adore Action Is My Middle Name and Scandinavia, though.
Yeah, they’re really sister and brother, I think. But People I feel is stronger than Kid. But, I agree, Action, Scandinavia and Art-Hounds (which also premiered in 2011) are all much better.

While willing that these albums will see the light of day, when looking back over the tracklists, I am reminded that a lot of the songs I have heard so far have been uninspiring (e.g., "Kerouac's Crack", "Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings") or downright mad lyrically (e.g., "Notre-Dame").

"Saint", on the other hand, I really enjoyed, while "Rebels", "Without Music", "The Night" were at least okay and somewhat catchy/fun. Overall, I would love to hear Morrissey's cover of "Suspicious Minds" and the rest of Whyte's co-writes on Without Music, so would probably choose the latter over Bonfire.

All in all, I hope we have two Dogs on our hands, and not two Low in High Schools.

bonfire,just because i want a studio version of bonfire of teenagers.

Bonfire - I am desperately longing to hear the studio version of Saint in a Stained Glass Window.

It pains me that it has been recorded for so long now, but our collective ears are prevented from hearing it.

Tags
album bonfire of teenagers poll without music the world dies
Back
Top Bottom