Morrissey Central "BOOYAH !" (July 31, 2023)

unnamed-1.png
unnamed-4.png

ARGENTINA - SOLD OUT (Movistar Arena)

MEXICO CITY - 15,000 tickets sold (Sports Palace Arena)

LIMA, PERU - SOLD OUT (AP Exposicion)

BOGOTA, COLOMBIA - SOLD OUT (TR Center)

SANTIAGO, CHILE - 14,000 tickets sold (Movistar Arena)

SAO PAULO, BRAZIL - almost sold out (Espaco Unimed)

Funky Samoans not pictured.
FWD.

He got a bit of a hard time because he wouldn’t just admit he was gay. But no more than any other gay man in music at the time; look at what the likes of Boy George had written/said about him at the time, and for decades afterwards. Have you seen the Channel 4 George Michael documentary that came out a few months ago, and the hell he went through with the press? Remember when they started the rumour that Michael Stipe had AIDS to try to force him to come out?
The press was laddish, loutish and vicious back then. But that was the culture. You could openly call someone a poof; gay was an insult; comedians were blacking-up; there was casual racism all over the place; there were young girls with their tits out in the national newspapers; Nuts magazine, Zoo magazine were all the rage… Morrissey wasn’t their only victim. The reason he got lambasted for the flag-waving thing and others didn’t is because they didn’t also have songs like Bengali In Platforms and Asian Rut, they hadn’t called reggae music vile… to blame all of his woes today on a few articles from 30+ years ago is absolutely laughable. To do it incessantly, all over Twitter, at all hours of the day and night, is absolutely demented.

She (Nerak) wants to come across as an investigative journalist and writer, but she’s no such thing (spending all day in bed reading old NMEs then listing Writer as your occupation on your Twitter profile does not make it so, Nerak).
She’s a deluded Morrissey nutter; no different than the obsessive Michael Jackson fans who excuse his paedophilia, image obsession and oddball behaviour by saying, “awww, but Michael never had a childhood!” Calling him ‘Michael’ and talking like they knew him intimately because they knew all of his songs word-for-word and had a few t-shirts. That’s all Nerak is; a deluded fantasist who will excuse all of Morrissey’s shit and blame others for his downfall because, deep down, she fancies him and wants to mother him.
She’s a polite person, with an interest in Morrissey and an opinion on his career.

Who wouldn’t fancy him?

Will they really only play hits or is that 40 years just fake?
Probably fake. It'll most likely be the same set list from the recent tour. It baffles me that singing the same songs over and over again doesn't get boring for him.

Here’s the setlist I’m anticipating for the 40 years tour:

Suedehead / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / I Wish You Lonely / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Our Frank / Istanbul / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Girlfriend In A Coma / The Loop / The Night Pop Dropped / How Soon Is Now? / Irish Blood, English Heart / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Without Music The World Dies / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Speedway
You forgot Alma Matters.

Moz is going to crash Ticketmaster like taylor swift.
Probably far fetched, but he should team up with TayTay for a song or something, especially after whatever happened with Miley didn't work out. She's classy and beautiful IMHO.

Booyah? Isn't that a thick stew with potato and lots of beef? Animal gruel. Good choice Moz Army!

I’ve often thought this myself. Especially with so many other songs he could sing.

Back
Top Bottom