Both Quarry anniversary events cancelled (January 25, 2024)

Tomorrow's show in Anaheim is canceled according to Ticketmaster :(

LA show is still on for now...

Posted by SOSB:

27th is cancelled as per Kia Forum twitter.

Links posted by Famous when dead:

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh Oh Omg GIF by ESPN

Knew it was too good to be Trump.

I can't believe how depressed I am over this!..I guess I was looking at these shows as some sort of farewell to seeing him live, and now it just feels like some vague ugly breakup. Like being blocked by someone who you thought loved you! Unless he plays in my kitchen, I will sadly be avoiding all future shows.

Peru, Colombia, Chile and Arg were all sold out. Deng-Gate was obviously the most ridiculous excuse yet but sold out or poor sales, it matters not to this fella, he will cancel depending on how he feels. He’s pretty much self employed and I don’t know any self employed people who act like him and just don’t turn up for work. It’s been going to ruin for years but it’s one low after another.

Let's all be honest with each other without embellishment and without malice. The "For Britain" affair ruined his tarnished career and he hasn't been able to turn things around or ask for forgiveness in any way since. Even well-filled concerts in small halls with enthuastic die-hards don't change that. Nobody wants to release the records anymore, concerts are cancelled, plans are scrapped and even the Simpsons took up the matter. The nerves are obviously frayed and there should actually be a management for something like this.

I feel sorry for people who bought tickets but also sorry for the band who must have rehearsed like mad for these gigs. His management team have no idea how to manage, these gigs could have been really great in smaller venues with good promotion.

Let's all be honest with each other without embellishment and without malice. The "For Britain" affair ruined his tarnished career and he hasn't been able to turn things around or ask for forgiveness in any way since. Even well-filled concerts in small halls with enthuastic die-hards don't change that. Nobody wants to release the records anymore, concerts are cancelled, plans are scrapped and even the Simpsons took up the matter. The nerves are obviously frayed and there should actually be a management for something like this.
Well, before ‘that affair’ concerts were cancelled too and nobody wanted to release his records for a long time too. So you need to do better ;)

Well, it is Burns Night. Morrissey has set fire to whatever remnants are left of his performing life.

Dydd Santes Dwynwen Hapus!

What absolute idiots are running this show behind the scenes, how can this keep happening? M can take time to post obituaries and other pointless, hobby-horse stuff but he can't explain why he's cancelling and letting down fans again and again? I hope Alain Whyte is laughing his arse off at this mess.

I feel sorry for people who bought tickets but also sorry for the band who must have rehearsed like mad for these gigs. His management team have no idea how to manage, these gigs could have been really great in smaller venues with good promotion.
Or maybe they do have an idea but Morrissey simply is ‘unmanageable’ as has been a constant throughout his career.
They probably do their best but when Morrissey doesn’t want to perform or explain why what can they do?

I know what you mean but it's a downward spiral since.
Yah. What's happening is that fans just will lose interest. I'm a rabid Moz fan and his last concert in Dublin was amazing but.... I'm far more sickened I missed out on OMD ticket for Dublin for Feb than I am about Moz antics. People get fed up of cancelled concerts, delayed (never to be released?) records from Moz, The Cure, etc. People move on. I grew up in a family that ran a corner store. It opened no matter what. Every day closed = customers lost who will go somewhere else and maybe never come back. Same with all these Moz cancellations. It's unprofessional and disrespectful to fans spending major money for tickets/travel/hotels/oh I need a few days off work oh sorry now I don't. It's all avoidable bollox and drama that nobody needs or wants.

They're playing "Alma matters " on german radio hr1 at the very moment. Something they normally never do. That's emotional, really. What a great song ,what a fantastic band what a wonderful period to be a Morrissey fan, then.

Or maybe they do have an idea but Morrissey simply is ‘unmanageable’ as has been a constant throughout his career.
They probably do their best but when Morrissey doesn’t want to perform or explain why what can they do?

They could say, ok these gigs aren’t sold out but there’s 10000 people who have paid to see you, so get out there and make them happy.

Back
Top Bottom