Morrissey Central "BRITISH UNREMITTING" (July 26, 2023)

Glorious tour concludes

unnamed-2.jpg

Morrissey audience at Leeds

unnamed.jpg

Uncredited first image: theslowreadersclub IG.
Uncredited second image: jacksok7 IG.
FWD.

Last night I dreamt that I was at a Moz outdoor concert and only 3 or 4 people were attending. Anyways Moz calls me over and tells me he just signed a great record deal and that it was ok for me to tell everyone on Moz Solo. He was hugging me and said he was so happy and appreciated the fans on Moz Solo.

Then I woke up.
No hope no harm, just another false alarm.

Did Johnny Marr make any reference to Andy on his tour? I think Morrissey’s statement after Andy died was heartfelt and very strong. To honour him in concert would be a little too much I think, considering they weren’t on the best of terms in the past 25-30 odd years.
Yes he did. Johnny played 'There is a Light' in tribute to his best mate Andy (Roadmender Northampton).

Glorious tour concludes

View attachment 93864

Morrissey audience at Leeds

View attachment 93865

Uncredited first image: theslowreadersclub IG.
Uncredited second image: jacksok7 IG.
FWD.
More amazing memories to treasure from a brilliant tour. Leeds really was something special. Spoke to some great people at Leeds and Aylesbury and my abiding memory will be the guy walking back to his car so overjoyed at what he had just seen and said" I've never seen him live before, I have never seen anything like it was unbelievable". He was literally still mesmerised. Here's to the next shows.

Last edited:
Looks like it was great for everyone who managed to get to one of the gigs, unfortunately the one I was due to attend was cancelled with no explanation or any message from Morrissey. Also disappointed that he didn’t make any reference to Andy Rourke during the tour.
I feel for you, Surface. I'd be pissed off too if I'd had tickets for Nottingham. The lack of any proper explanation or apology to fans was poor.

I know I'm repeating myself over and over again, but this not crediting is truly awful. I mean it's not even a courtesy thing to credit your damn photo sources (or your sources in general) you have to do it. But go on shopping around for good photos surely no one of your own team can provide and stick them to your little blog with the outrageous "copyright SER" tag. How unprofessional but keep whining about being discredited yourself. There were some really awesome photos (the one from @conkan and the Hammersmith one earlier this year for example) and they never get the credit they're entitled to. If you're in doubt where your sources are from, you can always visit morrissey-solo.com
RANT OVER
When you're a star you can grab their photos and they let you do it. This colossal sense of entitlement exhibited by MOZ/SER is a direct window into their character.

I can't get over people making excuses for Morrissey. You think it would be "too much" to honor Andy in a concert where Morrissey plays 4 - 5 songs from the Smiths. Unbelievable.
It's incredible how some people are so intent on finding something to be upset about.

He wrote a heartfelt and beautiful tribute to Andy. No one has any right to demand anything else.

It's very different for Johnny, they were friends since kids and had been close too by the time he died.

Last edited:
Last night I dreamt that I was at a Moz outdoor concert and only 3 or 4 people were attending. Anyways Moz calls me over and tells me he just signed a great record deal and that it was ok for me to tell everyone on Moz Solo. He was hugging me and said he was so happy and appreciated the fans on Moz Solo.

Then I woke up.
Ever had premonitory dreams before? :sweatsmile:

another pic with his two most talented current band members.

if people think this was a great tour.... they have obviously never really seen MOZ live before.
This is the weakest band lineup in the history of Morrissey.

Morrissey is always great, but this backing band was lacking talent in the guitar section pretty major!
Probably the reason the setlist has been the same.

Looks like it was great for everyone who managed to get to one of the gigs, unfortunately the one I was due to attend was cancelled with no explanation or any message from Morrissey. Also disappointed that he didn’t make any reference to Andy Rourke during the tour.
I understand why you think it'd be nice to hear but I just don't think it fits in context. They probably hadn't seen each other since the court case where Andy joined Mike against Morrissey. They weren't friends. His words were enough as far as my opinion goes.

Did Johnny Marr make any reference to Andy on his tour? I think Morrissey’s statement after Andy died was heartfelt and very strong. To honour him in concert would be a little too much I think, considering they weren’t on the best of terms in the past 25-30 odd years.
Whataboutism at it's finest.
More amazing memories to treasure from a brilliant tour. Leeds really was something special. Spoke to some great people at Leeds and Aylesbury and my abiding memory will be the guy walking back to his car so overjoyed at what he had just seen and said" I've never seen him live before, I have never seen anything like it was unbelievable". He was literally still mesmerised. Here's to the next shows.
Was it his first time out of his house or prison?

I do wonder what the next tour will be like. They do make it seem like a Greatest Hits-tour in the add.

Last edited:

I do wonder what the next tour will be like. They do make it seem like a Greatest Hits-tour in the add.

I would LOVE to be wrong, but I'm 95% sure it'll be the current set-list with just a couple of tweaks. Nothing in that ad's wording really suggests otherwise... (but it's a cheeky way of selling tickets!)

I would LOVE to be wrong, but I'm 95% sure it'll be the current set-list with just a couple of tweaks. Nothing in that ad's wording really suggests otherwise... (but it's a cheeky way of selling tickets!)

They need to do something as current sales are awful for the NY run of dates.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom