Brixton Academy on 28th May cancelled.

Guillaume Métayer

Guillaume Métayer
FROM OFFICIAL MORRISSEY SITE

BRIXTON ACADEMY MAY 28TH SHOW CANCELLED 27/05/09

Regrettably Morrissey’s show at London’s O2 Brixton Academy on Thursday 28th May has been cancelled. Morrissey is on continued doctor’s orders not to sing, to ensure a complete recuperation.

Event Organizers would like to apologize to fans for the disappointment. Additional information will be issued as soon as possible, so advise ticket holders to hang on to their tickets.

Re: Breaking News : Brixton Academy on 28th May cancelled.

Yep, just got an alert from ticketmaster saying that it has been postponed.

So, so choked.

Hold on have we not been here before ?? I told you this yesterday.

The others will follow shortly, anyone who can get money back on travel and hotels I would advise doing so.

Big shame

Can I just say it's really cruel on us to do this day by day. Why not just say ALL the Brixton shows are off, which we all expect, rather than this painful eking out of information. He must know if he'll be able to sing by the weekend - he can't just wake up every morning and go, nope, not today. And then cancel a show. Do it all at once, this is like having a plaster ripped off slowly!

Can I just say it's really cruel on us to do this day by day. Why not just say ALL the Brixton shows are off, Do it all at once, this is like having a plaster ripped off slowly!

Agree totally! stop messing us about Moz , weve all got lives to lead and i for one and fed up with having to pop home and log on for any info!! im supposed to be at work!!! lucky im me own boss or id have been sacked by now!!lol:lbf: xx

If he's under doctor's orders to recuperate then I can't see him playing on friday or saturday. Why not just cancel the whole run now instead of keeping us hanging on?????

Hold on have we not been here before ?? I told you this yesterday.

The others will follow shortly, anyone who can get money back on travel and hotels I would advise doing so.

Big shame

Do you have any idea how soon "shortly" is? :blushing:
Today?
I already cancelled the hotel, will cancel flight when I'm 105% sure it's off.
Not that I doubt your information, just waiting for an official source. :cool:

I just called Brixton Academy and the nice girl I spoke to said it would go up on the website as soon as they know. She said they may not find out until tomorrow.:(

I am very sad. I have never gotten to see him.

I guess the 29th will be off too wont it.

:tears::tears::tears::tears::tears::tears::tears::tears::tears:

So glad we chose Great YOR Mouth as our last ever gig and he turned up :) at least we wont have to go through this dissapointment again! Bedroom fans united take over!

gutted :( doesn't look like I'm going to get to see him this tour at all now - got friday tickets, but I don't suppose it's going to happen.

tonight's gig was my wedding anniversary celebration :(

If he's under doctor's orders to recuperate then I can't see him playing on friday or saturday. Why not just cancel the whole run now instead of keeping us hanging on?????

Moz was once asked for his motto (or just some advice) in a Q magazine interview and he replied;
"why say 'no' to something today when you can wriggle out of it tomorrow?"
That may anser your question!

Back
Top Bottom