gigsandtours IG: Royal Concert Hall, Nottingham Cancelled (July 9, 2023)

1279FB9B-8556-4F9F-978C-34F0BC75D955.png

gigsandtours-09072023-0001~2.jpg

UPDATE 7:01 AM PT:

Posted by javert:

Suggests they are fully going for the rescheduled message:

Hi there,

Tonight's event has been rescheduled...

The event organisers have been in touch to let us know that tonight's show has been rescheduled and will no longer be taking place.

The event organisers are working hard to arrange a new date and as soon as we get any update on this, we'll be in touch to let you know. Your tickets will be valid for this new date.

Please understand that given the extraordinary circumstances, our Fan Support teams are incredibly busy at the moment, so we encourage you not to contact us. Instead, you can find lots of information and answers to your questions in our information portal.

If you sold your tickets on our Ticket Exchange and haven’t received payment, you will now be paid 10-12 working days after the new date - which is yet to be announced.

If you have any questions for us, there's lots of information in our FAQs.

We're sorry for any disappointment caused.

Ticketmaster Customer Service

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Moz got drunk with Jesse
Gin and tonics flowed! God Damn!
When Moz awoke, Tobias spoke
“Let’s cancel NottingHAM”
Could be a great little ditty this with the right music added.
It could also be an accurate version of why Knotts was cancelled. 🍷🍹🥃🍶

Well, if you play over 1200 shows and record and release over 300 songs I do not think he can be accused of not working hard.
Yes, he has toured much (even if he cancels more often than other bands) and he has been very prolific over the years (and would have been even more if he had the ability to hold on to record contracts). However, if you look at recent stuff like Kerouac's Crack or Notre-Dame, it's obvious that he must have not spent many minutes honing the lyrics and then recording them at one take (which is fine, because he can). He's not exactly a perfectionist or a workaholic.

Last edited:
For the avoidance of doubt, here's the context:

I'm 57 years old and have been to 30 Morrissey/Smiths gigs over the last 35 years. I've shouted out twice during that time. The first was to ask about Alain, after Alain stopped touring 15-20 years ago. The second was at Portsmouth 2 nights ago. Unless you have followed Morrissey from your teenage years, perhaps it's hard to imagine quite how difficult it is to see Morrissey morph from someone you admire to someone Morrissey himself would have despised in 1983.

Morrissey has let us all down, and it's hard to take.
Speak for everyone? Speak for yourself here and there is full of people who feel that Morrissey has not let them down. People change, they don't think the same all their lives... At that age you should already know..... Things aren't the way they used to be... You don't have to stay in time and you don't have to lock yourself in visions everything changes, period. There's not much science to explain, it's life itself

He's done 1200 shows, each one of 1 hour to 90 minutes each (at the generous end). Not including his travel time, that's only 1800 hours of work, which is just under what the average full time worker in the UK does per year, not including their travel time either.
The average worker's commute in the UK is 27 minutes long, so that's about 100 hours per year on commuting.

Considering that gigging has been his main source of income over the last few years in particular, due to him supposedly not receiving royalties, poor album sales and no record deals, you'd think he try and make it to every single gig.

If any UK worker told their employer they worked hard after taking 23% of their working days off sick (not including annual leave as well, which still accrues while you're off sick) they'd be laughed at, and again, that level of sick leave would lead to dismissal proceedings, if not outright dismissal.
What!! What does Morrissey have to do with a UK worker? He is not an ordinary worker of UK.Es a talented singer who "works singing" and cannot compare with such workers. He is an outstanding artist and is not an office worker or a laborer. He chose to dedicate himself to this and it is not so easy to go from there to here on planes, tours and singing. A lot of effort is made when singing, it requires a physical state to sing, the heart strains a lot at the hacerlo.es quite tiring when a singer goes into "touring" mode

Guess he made the most of it...

You're gonna miss me when I'm gone.

I think he knows what he's like, but he's just adopted it as part of his personality. Loves to be hated.
Yes, but in the importance of being called Morrissey says something that moved me and I could never forget Moz said when the documentary ends "Don't talk about me when I'm gone." It makes me goosebumps remember the words of Moz, asks us not to "talk" about him. Moz is that unique ❤️ 😍🥹🥹

Yes, but in the importance of being called Morrissey says something that moved me and I could never forget Moz said when the documentary ends "Don't talk about me when I'm gone." It makes me goosebumps remember the words of Moz, asks us not to "talk" about him. Moz is that unique ❤️ 😍🥹🥹
And you think he meant that sincerely?!

Just received info on Leeds tomorrow night via email from the venue, so as of now it hasn't been pulled and looks to be going ahead.

A shame. Had this gone ahead, I'm pretty sure Morrissey would have dressed as Robin Hood for the show.

Yup. A nonsensical form to transfer to Leeds too. The cynic in me wonders if it was done on purpose to bump up the Leeds numbers?

Either way, good news for those heading to Leeds, looks like it’s going ahead.

Last edited:
That was always gonna happen, easier than bothering to reschedule, although I was hoping for it to be rescheduled at the end of the UK & Ireland tour. Silly me. An apology and a reason why would be nice - am I asking too much?

That was always gonna happen, easier than bothering to reschedule, although I was hoping for it to be rescheduled at the end of the UK & Ireland tour. Silly me. An apology and a reason why would be nice - am I asking too much?
Yeah, I had this scenario as a faint hope! But alas, no.

And as for an apology… 😀

Back
Top Bottom