Donald Trump landslide victory 2016 thread

Re: Donald Trump landslide victory 2016 thread!

62129461.jpg

tumblr_inline_nr1umfVfSY1qh7cqa_500.gif

Re: Donald Trump landslide victory 2016 thread!

I suspect Trump's negs are too high, so unless there is a turnaround there he won't make it. Plus, he's quite capable of saying something so outlandish he'll self-destruct on the spot. You do get a feel of the months running up to the Reagan presidency though, and history has been kind to Ronnie.

Trump and Sanders, like Farage and Corbyn here, or Marine le Pen in France, Tspiras in Greece and to a lesser extent Orban in Hungary are just a reaction to the ineptitude of more centrist politicians over the last few decades. People do seem royally hacked off with the lurching from one crisis to another, and are quite rightly looking for potential alternatives.

Hillary fills me with dread too. If the choice was her or Trump I'd spoil my ballot. Or vote Trump just to see what happens.

PS: I think I'm right in saying only once in US history since the two term rule has a party ever won the White House on three consecutive occasions. On that basis the odds favour the GOP. Do the GOP favour Trump though? The grandees could still prefer another candidate. Who's left? Cruz? Rubio? Christie? Carson is madder than all of them, so he's out. Jeb's as good as finished. Fiorina ditto. With so many candidates it's easier to say who won't make the cut and take it from there.

President...

Cruz.

Back
Top Bottom