Don't you just have the need to listen to Morrissey when you are upset?

you are friends with this person why?
LOL,
I know EXACTLY what you mean, and ive given up trying to explain to those who dont get it, either they'll get it straight away or they'll remain in the 'don't get it club',
these days im very happy for others to remain in that club. :D

I oft' wonder why I am friends with this person!!

And with Morrissey...you couldn't be more accurate in saying you either get it or you don't. If people don't have him in their lives then frankly, it is their loss. Us superior bunch know better ;)

the thing with morrissey and me is that certian songs i couldnt listen too often cause they are too close to the bone i.e. he speaks in certain songs about things i mostly can repress very well. but he put the finger on that sore point and in that way force me to make baby steps to change it or al least trying too.
for that reason i can barely listen to certain songs.
he is surely the first singer who really can do that to me.
if i really will change it someday and life will be "better "whatever that may mean
or more in terms of that way everybody lives or can manage too -well he would have been a part in my change. you know friends and family can talk and be there but the change must come within you...

In the past, whenever I've been upset or crying, my husband struggles to quickly get a Morrissey CD or mp3 playing as quickly as possible -- much in the way another person might struggle to get the lid off a bottle of sedatives as quickly as possible.

In the past, whenever I've been upset or crying, my husband struggles to quickly get a Morrissey CD or mp3 playing as quickly as possible -- much in the way another person might struggle to get the lid off a bottle of sedatives as quickly as possible.

:eek: It's like finding Morrissey in a first aid kit! Of all places.

Hmmm.

Booze, chocolate, sleep is all I need to feel better. Or a nice kick in the hindquarters. Depends on days.

Also, silly humour. The kind sometimes found on Morrissey forums :D

Canine medicine is so much simpler than human medicine!:eek:

I listen to Morrissey during a whole range of emotions. sometimes sad, sometimes happy, sometimes somewhere in between. but yes, anytime I do listen to him it's always this odd comforting feeling. like his voice is an old friend who I can count on. I really feel at this stage (been a fan for about 6 years) that its something that will never go away. I truly believe he's with me foreverz now. he's here to stay fo' shizzzz. :)

Booze, chocolate, sleep is all I need to feel better. Or a nice kick in the hindquarters. Depends on days.

But booze and chocolate aren't any good for doggies! :( They die if they consume them. Do you just look at them? :D

But booze and chocolate aren't any good for doggies!

Yeh yeh yeh yeh. That's what humans all say, to keep the booze and the choc for themselves. We dogs know all your petty manoeuvres. But you won't foooooool the puppies of the revolution, no way!:guitar:

Today I have a cold. My nose is hot. I have a fever. I cough. My throat is sore. I'm so sick I can't go out. And you'd want me to go though this with a bowl of cold water and a sugar-free diet?

Are you at least going to make me a lemonade or are you just going to hide those Bounty bars? :mad:

Yeh yeh yeh yeh. That's what humans all say, to keep the booze and the choc for themselves. We dogs know all your petty manoeuvres. But you won't foooooool the puppies of the revolution, no way!:guitar:

Today I have a cold. My nose is hot. I have a fever. I cough. My throat is sore. I'm so sick I can't go out. And you'd want me to go though this with a bowl of cold water and a sugar-free diet?

Are you at least going to make me a lemonade or are you just going to hide those Bounty bars? :mad:

Awwww, I have a cold too, as it happens. You can have those doggy 'chocolate' drops. Bounty bars are rank, anyway.
*Gives doggy treats*

He's got such a lovely and extraordinary way of transmiting exactly what I feel. Aren't his songs like an 'unconditional friend'? as in, his music is always with you when you need it/he knows how you feel/shares his pain with you.

Real friends are better, though. Listening to Morrissey all the time when depressed just encourages self-pity. I learnt that a long time ago.

"Try living in the real world,
Instead of a shell."

When I am upset I only have a select few Moz songs I listen to.

Depending on how glum I feel I may also listen to REM's 'Everybody Hurts'. But, to be honest, I usually listen to something like New York Dolls or Sex Pistols. They always pump me full of energy and I just think 'f*** my troubles, I have these great bands'.

Love PTxx.

I have specific Morrissey songs for specific events. Like, there are certain Morrissey songs I listen to if it's just been a crap day, or if I think someone hates me.

Back
Top Bottom