Exam results

I hope so. I'm really stuck right now as i have no idea at all what i am going to do now. I was too cocky and never made a plan B. Silly me!

It took me ages to get the right qualifications but there has to be an easier way to re-sit the ones you need, which ones do you need?

Good luck PT...x

I'm sure you will get to where you want to be, as i was in a similar situation and now i am at Uni, you can get there...x

Hi,

Are you at Manchester Uni? Is it nice? I think I'm putting it as one of my five choices for next year :)

What did you get, Virtie? :)

A in Higher English, B in Higher History, B in Higher Art, C in Higher French, and a A in Int 1 Media Studies (but that's a Mickey Mouse course)
Not perfect, but with a bit of pleading to Glasgow Uni, I think I'll get in, although....I don't know if I want to go to Uni when I planned.

Sweet and Tender Hooligan, don't worry about the marks too much 'cos I'm sure you'll find out what to do :)
Loads of people at my school got far less than they expected, this year seems really bad

Hi,

Are you at Manchester Uni? Is it nice? I think I'm putting it as one of my five choices for next year :)

Hi Amy, Yes, Man Uni is nice but it's MASSIVE and my first few days i found intimidating but i found some great friends...:)

do not fuss about it too much,its only your future.:p

i am kidding,i am sure it will all work out for the best in the end.

Hey, Lucy, do what I do - play the working-class card :p
NEVER fails

Them snotty Edinburger Unis :( Usually the Oliver Twist 'I'm so poor and I'm from a ''broken'' family' thing really goes down with their philanthropic tendencies
Although, maybe you should take a year out to resit and also to think about what you actually want to do after Uni, that's what I'm doing, maybe even two years out, just to make sure I don't rush it

Have you talked to the Uni yet?
My brother said that they only gave me an A because they were like 'give her an A and a ticket off that island or she'll commit suicide'. Lovely, he is

What about Strathclyde?
I'm away actually, see you later xx

I get my results tomorrow and I'm terrified :(

I am one nervous wreck, results for me tomorrow...so, so, so nervous!

Aarrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This IS Hell!

Love PTxx.

As do I :( Good luck!:)
I've most definitely failed mine :(
even if you have - and the chances are you've done better than you think! - it's fixable. Believe me, I left school with 4 GCSEs at C or above, and I dropped out of 6th form to go to college. I worked like a dog, but I got qualified in what I wanted to be (art, much to the horror of my parents!) and with a bit of going around the houses and a 3 year break from education after uni, I went back and requalified as a teacher in 2006. I'm now a fully qualified teacher in my 2nd year of teaching, and I don't regret a thing! I can highly reccomend speaking to Learn Direct, they were very helpful and supportive, (whatever your results) if you decide to continue in education. (But only do that if you really want to carry on in education, I really enjoyed having a good break from it, and very nearly didn't go back at all!) Good luck!

even if you have - and the chances are you've done better than you think! - it's fixable. Believe me, I left school with 4 GCSEs at C or above, and I dropped out of 6th form to go to college. I worked like a dog, but I got qualified in what I wanted to be (art, much to the horror of my parents!) and with a bit of going around the houses and a 3 year break from education after uni, I went back and requalified as a teacher in 2006. I'm now a fully qualified teacher in my 2nd year of teaching, and I don't regret a thing! I can highly reccomend speaking to Learn Direct, they were very helpful and supportive, (whatever your results) if you decide to continue in education. (But only do that if you really want to carry on in education, I really enjoyed having a good break from it, and very nearly didn't go back at all!) Good luck!

That's an inspirational story Hattie, which Uni did you go to?

That's an inspirational story Hattie, which Uni did you go to?
thanks! :o I ended up going to 2 unis! As I was finishing my Btec in Art and Design (yes, I'm old, I know Btecs don't exist any more!) we were given big uni catalogues and taken on visits to a few. i wasn't going to apply to uni at all, I was going to stay on and study fashion (even though I knew it wasn't quite what I wanted to do, I couldn't put my finger on what it was I did want to do!) but I was flicking through a catalogue for Bournemouth university, and I saw they did a course called Costume for the Screen and Stage where you designed and made costumes. When I saw it, I knew that was exactly what I wanted to do, and was all set to apply, when one of my tutors' suggested applying to Wimbledon School of Art, which an ex pupil of hers had gone too and was amazing (she said) so i applied (outside chance) sweated over my portfolio for 2 weeks, and got accepted (to everyones' shock!)

When I went back to train as a teacher, I went to London Met, which was huge, compared to Wimbledon which was tiny (and no longer exists :tears: it's now part of the London Institute)

Back
Top Bottom