Examples of Morrissey being anti-Semitic

Refute? Not I. I’m simply offering up
a different angle to the so-called ‘evidence’ brought up in this thread.

Would like to hear both sides of the ‘fax’ story before I gave a verdict though,

don’t you think that would be fair?
You can believe what you want. What you're not being allowed is agreement that when the truth is unknown whichever possibility makes Morrissey look best is the most likely.

You can believe what you want. What you're not being allowed is agreement that when the truth is unknown whichever possibility makes Morrissey look best is the most likely.

5-sounds.jpg

Ok - so there are 2 versions of the fax story.

In one Spencer is with his wife & there are 2 long, hurtful faxes.

In the other he's with his friend Scott & a fax comes through asking to use a song for something, Spencer replies saying not until the royalties are sorted out & Morrissey faxes back 'your loss Jew Boy'. And the friend laughs about it, because 'banter'.

They can't both be true. So it's sounding like a showbiz urban myth.

Faxes or it didn't happen.

What you're not being allowed is agreement that when the truth is unknown whichever possibility makes Morrissey look best is the most likely.

Wait a minute here!

Are you accusing me of behaving like
a Morrissey fan on a Morrissey fan site?

If you are, then...

I’m guilty.

:p:cool:

Wait a minute here!

Are you accusing me of behaving like
a Morrissey fan on a Morrissey fan site?

If you are, then...

I’m guilty.

:p:cool:

He/she told me I wasn't in the profession I'm in - so wtf would they know about anything. :p

Ok - so there are 2 versions of the fax story.

In one Spencer is with his wife & there are 2 long, hurtful faxes.

In the other he's with his friend Scott & a fax comes through asking to use a song for something, Spencer replies saying not until the royalties are sorted out & Morrissey faxes back 'your loss Jew Boy'. And the friend laughs about it, because 'banter'.

They can't both be true. So it's sounding like a showbiz urban myth.

Faxes or it didn't happen.
So, rather than assuming that something is being lost in translation or that these two anecdotes are actually the same anecdote being remembered slightly differently...you think it’s more feasible that the entire thing is just outright false?

So, rather than assuming that something is being lost in translation or that these two anecdotes are actually the same anecdote being remembered slightly differently...you think it’s more feasible that the entire thing is just outright false?

It's not slightly differently.

In one version he's with his wife & it's 2 long faxes.

In another he's with his friend & the 1st fax is a request & the 2nd one is a 4 word insult.**

We know they fell out. And it might involve a fax. That's about it.

**Also in the version with the wife he took to his bed for a week & in the version with his friend he went on a 10 hour bender.

Last edited by a moderator:

In another he's with his friend & the 1st fax is a request & the 2nd one is a 4 word insult.**

**Also in the version with the wife he took to his bed for a week & in the version with his friend he went on a 10 hour bender.
It's incredible the sort of mental acrobatics you people will perform to absolve Morrissey of any sin.

I'm willing to bet that both "versions" are the same story. They were rehearsing at Spencer's apartment and the faxes came in. His wife saw them first because Spencer and his bandmate were in another room playing music. Whether he "went out drinking afterwards for 10 hours" or "stayed in bed for a week," it's obvious hyperbole to convey the dismay he felt after receiving these messages. It's really not that difficult to piece these things together when you're not being willfully obtuse. Either way, this story has been around forever and is generally accepted to be true. Spencer and his bandmate stand to gain nothing from inventing a story about Morrissey sending a mildly antisemitic fax in 1998. Is it really that difficult to imagine? This kind of behavior is extremely consistent with his track record and to pretend otherwise is just denial.

:rolleyes:

TRANSLATION??o_O
SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT??:crazy:
the one got the wife the other the drugs and the liquor:crazy:

It's incredible the sort of mental acrobatics you people will perform to absolve Morrissey of any sin.

I'm willing to bet that both "versions" are the same story. They were rehearsing at Spencer's apartment and the faxes came in. His wife saw them first because Spencer and his bandmate were in another room playing music. Whether he "went out drinking afterwards for 10 hours" or "stayed in bed for a week," it's obvious hyperbole to convey the dismay he felt after receiving these messages. It's really not that difficult to piece these things together when you're not being willfully obtuse. Either way, this story has been around forever and is generally accepted to be true. Spencer and his bandmate stand to gain nothing from inventing a story about Morrissey sending a mildly antisemitic fax in 1998. Is it really that difficult to imagine? This kind of behavior is extremely consistent with his track record and to pretend otherwise is just denial.

generally accepted to be true by Untruth who is generally accepted to be :crazy:

images

I don't know if I believe the Spencer fax story or not (I'm inclined to believe it, if honest) but if you've never told a story and added a dramatic reaction to demonstrate the effect the content of the story has had on you, then you're a shite story teller. If the fax arrived and the contents were indeed YOUR LOSS JEW BOY, I don't think Spencer either stayed in bed for a week, or did drink and drugs for ten hours. It's a storyteller's reaction to such a, frankly, bizarre exchange. It doesn't confirm nor deny the story happened. It is not supposed to be literal.

I don't know if I believe the Spencer fax story or not (I'm inclined to believe it, if honest) but if you've never told a story and added a dramatic reaction to demonstrate the effect the content of the story has had on you, then you're a shite story teller. If the fax arrived and the contents were indeed YOUR LOSS JEW BOY, I don't think Spencer either stayed in bed for a week, or did drink and drugs for ten hours. It's a storyteller's reaction to such a, frankly, bizarre exchange. It doesn't confirm nor deny the story happened. It is not supposed to be literal.

:rolleyes:

right. the two twats were probably already doing drugs and liquor BEFORE
they made up the story.:lbf:

Don't see why not? Drinking and doing hard drugs is ace, and it's miles better than trying to read the spilled cans of alphabetti spaghetti you constantly post every day you absolute f***ing danger.

Did Spence spend the day in bed or could he be found with his head on the bar ? :lbf: I don’t think he can have both.

For Christ’s sake! Talk about mental acrobatics! doh:doh::lbf::crazy:

Isn't that a version misremembered by someone on this forum, though? There's only one version told by someone who was there.

If Spencer was that much impacted by this fax as it seems he claims to be, then don’t you think the experience would
make an impression on him so much so that he would remember the details and what he did do and didn’t do and who was there and who wasn’t there during this life changing event?

I believe it may have happened, but to be fair, I think we should hear both sides of the story before we go persecuting anyone of ‘wrongful’ behavior.

If Spencer was that much impacted by this fax as it seems he claims to be, then don’t you think the experience would
make an impression on him so much so that he would remember the details and what he did do and didn’t do and who was there and who wasn’t there during this life changing event?

I believe it may have happened, but to be fair, I think we should hear both sides of the story before we go persecuting anyone of ‘wrongful’ behavior.

I've read the odd interview with Spencer and he seems like a decent enough guy, with a flair of flowery language, and quite flamboyant. This reinforces, for me, the idea that the week in bed line that you lot are clinging to is supposed to be a dramatic turn of phrase to signify how hurtful the alleged fax was to him. I therefore don't think he saw this exchange, if it happened, as a "life changing event" as you have described it, however. As the poster above says, it's an alleged incident from the late nineties, at a time when he was trying his hand at movie soundtracks and had left the World of Morrissey behind. I am not sure what your quarry is with in this instance, as you are arguing against his bandmate's description of what happened, which Spencer is not around to either confirm or deny, in the same way you're insisting it isn't fair because Morrissey isn't around to either confirm or deny either. By all accounts, Spencer has described this as all water under the bridge, it's because we are discussing it here, today, on this god awful website that we are trying to determine the impact of such a fax.

Back
Top Bottom