Fiona Dodwell: "40 Years Enchanted: A Conversation With Morrissey’s Fans and Peers" (April 27, 2023)

morrissey_01-10-23_19_63bd3270948dd.jpg

40 Years Enchanted: A Conversation With Morrissey’s Fans and Peers

Fiona Dodwell takes a close look at a selection of fans and supporters of the Brit legend…

Morrissey is one of the greatest names in music and has been for almost four decades. Despite the frequent efforts by the mainstream press to frame his character in a negative light, he remains an undeniable heavyweight in the entertainment world. It is perhaps a testament to the singer’s talent that regular attacks on his name seem to cause no damage to the relationship between artist and fan. In truth, it seems fair to say his fanbase love him as much – if not more – than ever. A great many of his musical peers, too, hold the man in high esteem.

And Alain, Boz and Gary were in the band a long long time. Not exactly indicative of someone who dumps people on a whim.

Oh, if only you knew!

Fi writes like "the best in class", knowing all the segues, key words and bon mots that secure her the affection and approval of the class teacher. You can do that and for the first 2-3 essays the rest of the class didn't say anything but after 30-50 times of diligently reproducing the more or less same content, she doesn't achieve what she is after with the majority (not all): a better understanding of the class teacher.

Is this new information, in Dudwell's article?

The Slow Readers Club (the band set to support Morrissey on his upcoming 2023 tour dates)

Or has she got that wrong, and it's just the Leeds date they're doing?

The Slow Readers Club (the band set to support Morrissey on his upcoming 2023 tour dates)

The band only acknowledge July 12 themselves.
Regards,
FWD.

The one thing that is a constant around Morrissey is that everyone (with the exception of Linder and blood-relative Sam) is ultimately ejected from his inner circle and cast aside. Maybe after that happens Fiona will begin to display some unbiased objectivity in her scribblings. Who knows?
When/if she is ejected from Morrissey's garden of Eden makes me think of the scene in Bambi when he's told his mums dead.

I ask myself the question, what do these fans find so special about this wonderful, unique, great, unconditionally loved, but also uncomfortable cultural heavyweight/poet/singer for 40 years and I continue to seek answers from the countless fans who have been always massively influenced by him.

Maybe our lovely Fi will write an article from a different angle one day ? There’s never any supporting evidence to a large proportion of her scribbling.
I do find selfie queen Marianne P clinging to Fi in the hope to get closer to Moz a tad amusing. Maybe Fi should write about how Marianne is constantly whining about Moz’s guests.
The welfare system need to expel her handouts.

I used to be a net friend with Marianne and she's a lovely women. I have no idea how she affords to go to so many gigs but she's a genuine, nice person.

Last edited:
I used to be a net friend with Marianne and she's a lovely women. I have no idea how she affords to go to so many gigs but she's a genuine nice person.
I concur, she is ever so sweet. On the surface. But she will trample across anyone to ensure she’s at the front. She’s convinced herself that M requires her at every concert. She has never worked and has debts which can never be serviced, but continues to throw tantrums to obtain funding to attend most shows. I can only but presume she puts her b/f under pressure. I know it causes Ms P great agitation that her first concert was 2016, and not 1986.
Between her and Fiona, it’s who can be the loudest and most aggressive towards any of M’s detractors.

I concur, she is ever so sweet. On the surface. But she will trample across anyone to ensure she’s at the front. She’s convinced herself that M requires her at every concert. She has never worked and has debts which can never be serviced, but continues to throw tantrums to obtain funding to attend most shows. I can only but presume she puts her b/f under pressure. I know it causes Ms P great agitation that her first concert was 2016, and not 1986.
Between her and Fiona, it’s who can be the loudest and most aggressive towards any of M’s detractors.

Do you actually know her or just look at her Twitter very intensly?

So much negativity...

It is funny to think of Moz as having "detractors". He's an artist, a singer, a poet. Not the president of a country.

I had the same thought. Hmm...

And yet somehow Jesse has managed to remain untouched since 2006. Think about it.
Maybe if you used your drain brain. For once. Can understand that Jesse gets moz. And is not a nuisance like you. Leave Jess alone !!!!

Maybe if you used your drain brain. For once. Can understand that Jesse gets moz. And is not a nuisance like you. Leave Jess alone !!!!

If only you knew!

This rubbish bin of a “journalist” is not capable of writing anything factual or unbiased even if her life depended on it.

Tags
fiona dodwell
Back
Top Bottom