gigsandtours IG: Royal Concert Hall, Nottingham Cancelled (July 9, 2023)

1279FB9B-8556-4F9F-978C-34F0BC75D955.png

gigsandtours-09072023-0001~2.jpg

UPDATE 7:01 AM PT:

Posted by javert:

Suggests they are fully going for the rescheduled message:

Hi there,

Tonight's event has been rescheduled...

The event organisers have been in touch to let us know that tonight's show has been rescheduled and will no longer be taking place.

The event organisers are working hard to arrange a new date and as soon as we get any update on this, we'll be in touch to let you know. Your tickets will be valid for this new date.

Please understand that given the extraordinary circumstances, our Fan Support teams are incredibly busy at the moment, so we encourage you not to contact us. Instead, you can find lots of information and answers to your questions in our information portal.

If you sold your tickets on our Ticket Exchange and haven’t received payment, you will now be paid 10-12 working days after the new date - which is yet to be announced.

If you have any questions for us, there's lots of information in our FAQs.

We're sorry for any disappointment caused.

Ticketmaster Customer Service

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha ha no she looked very much a lady in her all in one sexy outfit,she was easily approachable and mixed with the pubgoers(not many morrissey fans were there to notice them)

That link to his cancellation history is quite eye opening 😱 He just seems to decide if he’ll bother doing it on the day…and it’s partly on us really isn’t it? We are the idiots that keep buying tickets……He knows we’ll still go.

Saw the new male and female guitarist in the pub around 7pm (ye olde trippe to jerusalem) all I can say is morrissey wants to rest his voice as it was a concern and he doesn't want to jeopardise the rest of the tour

So they were in Nottingham then, who was the the Male guitarist you saw or were you describing Carmen?

Ha ha no she looked very much a lady in her all in one sexy outfit,she was easily approachable and mixed with the pubgoers(not many morrissey fans were there to notice them)
Can you just confirm you're referring to Juan, and Carmen, before nut jobs (like the one above yr post) get carried away in a world of fantasy?

So they were in Nottingham then, who was the the Male guitarist you saw or were you describing Carmen?

I saw them toghether I've not seen new line up yet and assumed he also was in the band,both seemed nice folk

Well, Morrissey fans are disappointed. In the same circumstances who wouldn’t be?

Besides all the money spent with travel, hotel, food, time... there is the most important: the frustration for not seeing, hearing and being close to him, despite all the efforts made.

To be left wondering what might have happend isn't a good place at all. I emphathise with my fellow Moz fans who were ready to attend the Nottingham gig.

However, I'm worried about Morrissey, for I don't believe he'd just cancel a show on a whim. There is a lot at stake for him: fans being frustrated and angry, financial loss (the venue booked has to be compensated, crew and band have to be paid, lodged and catered for).

It must be a serious problem he doesn't wish to disclose to the public for some reason. So, I worry a bit.
If don't believe he would cancel on a whim then you haven't been paying attention...

Looking at FWD's updated cancellation info, he's cancelled 23% of his scheduled gigs

Insane percentage. If I had missed 23% of my work days, with either no or barely any explanation provided for most of them, I'm not sure I'd have a job any more.

Last edited:
Well, Morrissey fans are disappointed. In the same circumstances who wouldn’t be?

Besides all the money spent with travel, hotel, food, time... there is the most important: the frustration for not seeing, hearing and being close to him, despite all the efforts made.

To be left wondering what might have happend isn't a good place at all. I emphathise with my fellow Moz fans who were ready to attend the Nottingham gig.

However, I'm worried about Morrissey, for I don't believe he'd just cancel a show on a whim. There is a lot at stake for him: fans being frustrated and angry, financial loss (the venue booked has to be compensated, crew and band have to be paid, lodged and catered for).

It must be a serious problem he doesn't wish to disclose to the public for some reason. So, I worry a bit.

You must be a new fan?

Yeah…..23% is shocking.

I don’t think so, when taking into consideration Morrissey’s nature ( what anyone can make of it) and how many years, including with The Smiths, that he’s been doing this for. As much as he loves being on stage, I’m surprised he does it at all. And yes, I’ve had shows that I’ve traveled to canceled on me.

It is. And yet he must have done close to or above an amazing 1000 shows altogether now.
Would anyone have a definitive number?

I don’t think so, when taking into consideration Morrissey’s nature ( what an anyone can make of it) and how many years, including with The Smiths, that he’s been doing this for. As much as he loves being on stage, I’m surprised he does it at all. And yes, I’ve had shows that I’ve traveled to canceled on me.
I’ve seen him about 35 times and only once had a show canceled on me, so I can count myself lucky.

If don't believe he would cancel on a whim then you haven't been paying attention...

I've been paying attention for some time, probably not as long a you have.

Anyways, I believe there's always a good enough reason for Moz or anyone to cancel a show, because it's a project that involves and affects many people. Therefore, I tend to doubt he'd feel
comfortable about it.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom