gigsandtours IG: Royal Concert Hall, Nottingham Cancelled (July 9, 2023)

1279FB9B-8556-4F9F-978C-34F0BC75D955.png

gigsandtours-09072023-0001~2.jpg

UPDATE 7:01 AM PT:

Posted by javert:

Suggests they are fully going for the rescheduled message:

Hi there,

Tonight's event has been rescheduled...

The event organisers have been in touch to let us know that tonight's show has been rescheduled and will no longer be taking place.

The event organisers are working hard to arrange a new date and as soon as we get any update on this, we'll be in touch to let you know. Your tickets will be valid for this new date.

Please understand that given the extraordinary circumstances, our Fan Support teams are incredibly busy at the moment, so we encourage you not to contact us. Instead, you can find lots of information and answers to your questions in our information portal.

If you sold your tickets on our Ticket Exchange and haven’t received payment, you will now be paid 10-12 working days after the new date - which is yet to be announced.

If you have any questions for us, there's lots of information in our FAQs.

We're sorry for any disappointment caused.

Ticketmaster Customer Service

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
What does Morrissey’s schedule have to do with his contemporaries’ schedule?
For Morrissey it is apparantly too much.

How many albums have The Cure released this century? Why compare that to Morrissey?

Each to their own I would say.

So are all the other 2nd nights where he plays back to back on the tour going to be cancelled.

What does Morrissey’s schedule have to do with his contemporaries’ schedule?
For Morrissey it is apparantly too much.
Then he should not have scheduled it or agreed to it. His contemporaries are mentioned because they schedule shows and actually show up. I don't think it's hard to grasp.

And 17 Stone heavier

Which makes Morrissey's cancellations even more pathetic. Smith is clearly heavier, and likely less fit than Morrissey, yet the Cure still manage long tours, playing back to back gigs, 2 and half hour sets, all the while charging the same prices as Morrissey (and sometimes less - Robert Smith has personally tried to counter Ticket Master's absurd practices).

Cancellations are par for the course with Morrissey, of course. It's just really sad that the fans accept it time and time again, are seemingly OK with being treated this way.

So are all the other 2nd nights where he plays back to back on the tour going to be cancelled.
If (like me) you’re travelling a long way, and at great expense, gigs on this tour - I’d be very wary of going.

Looks like a boozy Sunday night in Nottingham for me.

Looking at the current tour schedule, there doesn't seem to be much scope for re-scheduling Nottingham, until, say, end of July, or even August at the earliest, after which he disappears to South America. I don't know what's on at Notts TRCH entertainment-wise, but I don't think Moz will be able to just slot in this cancelled show. What's the odds? Slim to very slim, I reckon.

No he won't, he's a lying bastard and treats his fans like shit. Still waiting for the Castlefield Bowl gigs to be rescheduled from 2018

‘Unforeseen circumstances’ doesn’t mean Morrissey can’t hack it, although no reason given, and his history of cancelling shows doesn’t bode well.

No he won't, he's a lying bastard and treats his fans like shit. Still waiting for the Castlefield Bowl gigs to be rescheduled from 2018
If he’s such a horrible person in your eyes then why continue to buy tickets for his shows or visit this forum?

Go see artist you do like who do not cancel shows and play 2,5 hours in huge arenas. It’s easy.

If (like me) you’re travelling a long way, and at great expense, gigs on this tour - I’d be very wary of going.

Looks like a boozy Sunday night in Nottingham for me.
The shows closest to me are New York, which is about 4 or so hours away, so there's no way I am making plans for that.

It won’t be rescheduled.

Ah well, he first did this to me in Glasgow in 1991. Many times since. At least he’s consistent.

If he’s such a horrible person in your eyes then why continue to buy tickets for his shows or visit this forum?

Go see artist you do like who do not cancel shows and play 2,5 hours in huge arenas. It’s easy.

I do, I'm off to see The National, New Order, and Echo & The Bunnymen later this year.

Just another nail in his coffin of chances to secure record labels and management firms

Arctic monkeys canceled their gig in Dublin and had a very heart felt message regarding their singers illness, and was evidenced by his efforts the night before. Similar, with Lewis capaldi and his own health issues, personal statements mean a lot.

He claims to love his fans and the affection he gets, and then lambasts the industry for treating him the way they do. Then comes and pulls a stunt like this..

Last night’s delayed start isn’t the norm; generally when Morrissey does turn, he’s punctual. I wonder if that has anything to do with tonight’s cancellation.

Although I know I shouldn’t speculate, I can only imagine that “unforeseen” is, in fact, “can’t be bothered”.

Which makes Morrissey's cancellations even more pathetic. Smith is clearly heavier, and likely less fit than Morrissey, yet the Cure still manage long tours, playing back to back gigs, 2 and half hour sets, all the while charging the same prices as Morrissey (and sometimes less - Robert Smith has personally tried to counter Ticket Master's absurd practices).

Cancellations are par for the course with Morrissey, of course. It's just really sad that the fans accept it time and time again, are seemingly OK with being treated this way.
From what I have heard, It looks like a venue issue. But Moz will get hanged for it whatever.

Back
Top Bottom