Great Yarmoth

Definately a great gig - worth queuing in the cold sea breeze for a great seat - I did hear that some people had been queueing since 6 am - you deserve a medal:). Same set list from other gigs except we got the added bonus of Death of a Disco dancer and Ask (which I think appeared at Glasgow). Sound was superb and the general atmosphere was very friendly and great

Absolutely superb and I am very surprised the crowd were very well behaved considering it was a small theatre, the stage was very low and not that many security - a few people tried to get on stage.

M did seem in good humour and hopefully roll on Cambridge tonight.

Also thanks to everyone on this forum - we must be the only community that share set lists and pre gig codes.

See you at Cambridge

xxx

Another 40 years and he will be having his pad changed in a nursing home...
I bet some people will still be wanting him to pull out a song even then when he is in his final stages of dimentia..

That's just not nice.:mad:

top gig, loved first of the gang/swing on a star encore and managed to get a signed 'years' LP, well worth £30

Had an almost perfect day yesterday, we were really lucky and so close to Moz- about 4 rows back. Was so so happy and Yarmouth is ace. Was the first time I'd seen moz with my boyfriend so was really special. :)

Morrissey with the tambourine blew me away.It's like he was possessed.Brilliant.

Fantastic gig, thought the venue added something to the show. Got to meet Morrissey after as well. Preferred GY to cambridge.

Bit of a mix up with tickets purchased through seetickets which was a pain, so had to mess about in the ticket office for a while. Still we got in about 8:50 and didn't queue at all and got right at the front.

Had a few beers in the pier tavern before and another couple of pub en route from the hotel. LOL @ the caberet in the Pier tavern!

Great gig, the only let down was seeing a LOLiverpooLOL flag.

Bit of a mix up with tickets purchased through seetickets which was a pain, so had to mess about in the ticket office for a while. Still we got in about 8:50 and didn't queue at all and got right at the front.

Had a few beers in the pier tavern before and another couple of pub en route from the hotel. LOL @ the caberet in the Pier tavern!

Great gig, the only let down was seeing a LOLiverpooLOL flag.

A big thank you to the woman in the ticket office too, she must have had the day from hell! Bloody See Tickets not sending the tickets on time is a disgrace, they went on sale at Christmas!!

I assume he had people round him? I had images of him being bundled off the Pier in a laundry basket or something, was he approachable?

ah...Friday...what I can remember of it! Just got back home at tea time as we all made a weekend of it at Great Yarmouth, had a ball!
Friday's a bit hazy what with too much cider....:lbf:
The place was just surreal; I don't think I've ever seen popcorn being sold by an old girl usherette at a Mozzer gig before:crazy::lbf:
We managed to get pretty much at the front too which was ace...the half a dozen 'security' folk really didn't know what'd hit them; before the gig we really thought it would kick off, mods and rockers style with seats all over the show!
He didn't sing Every Day is Like Sunday, did he? Nope, see, I can't remember. But how apt it would have been!

But on the whole everyone was well behaved, I almost thought about going on the stage myself but didn't fancy the peg up:lbf:

Quite probably one of the best Moz gigs we've been too yet!

Roll on Friday...sadly we're up in the gods at the Apollo :(

I have some fuzzy pictures to share and a couple of short videos (as I couldn't get my phone off video mode for a while due to excessive giddiness at being at the front!), will sort them out and share during the week!

Sadly the rest of the entertainment on offer in Great Yarmouth over the weekend could not match and was utterly crass....as anyone who has ever endured a weekend at Haven will testify! If I hear f***ing Agadoo again I will commit a crime, I swear!:eek:

We should have stayed to watch the Chuckle Brothers.To me to you.

:lbf:, they're on the day before my birthday!
There are so many 'top turns' on at that Pier this year it's frightening! :lbf:

I did baulk at the price of ale going up coincidentally with everyone's arrival pre-gig at the Pier bar and I did comment to the bar lady "I bet you don't effin do this when the Chuckle Brothers are on do you?" :lbf:

:lbf:, they're on the day before my birthday!
There are so many 'top turns' on at that Pier this year it's frightening! :lbf:

I did baulk at the price of ale going up coincidentally with everyone's arrival pre-gig at the Pier bar and I did comment to the bar lady "I bet you don't effin do this when the Chuckle Brothers are on do you?" :lbf:

:lbf:

Wonder what your average Chuckle Brother fan wears and drinks.

Its was a fantastic gig! we were at the right of the entrance stairs and had center veiw with loads of space! i lost my voice after all the singing etc.
After my bitch fest about RAH ive come back down to earth with a soft landing.
Morrissey was is in a great mood and sounded fab apart from the first line of irish blood! we sat in the bar on the pier backstage area(me and bayards) early afternoon and got to hear find out for your self and how soon is now,there only seemed a handfull waiting at the entrance at this time but took apic of them any way:)
Doll and kicks were great and we got chatting to the singer as bayards has already posted,we ended up in the bar/club at the venue afterwords where they played a few smiths tunes and loads of good 80s stuff that all the moz fans were dancing to even Karma chameleon! it was open till 4am but by that time only a handfull of fans were there as it all got abit chart cheesy trash sounding but when your pissed who cares lol
Before we left we got in to the theater via the rear door by the time we got to the stage the bouncers were on us lol as iam a stocky guy he did not grab me ,he asked what we were doing but also had back up on the way running towards us lol but we were leaving any way:)
There were some funny people in that bar/club lol thats inbreeding for u!
There was a party of fat girls i mean the real obese girls dressed like fairys all in neon glow outfits they were camp! along with all the slags that local inbreed guys were trying to pick up! was great to watch lol:)
So all in all FAB! there was a lot of people getting up and going out duing some songs at the gig? the bar was near the stage so they wasnt going there? so i guess they were going to the merchandise stall? or out for a fag?

so wheres all these pics then?
hmmmm....

i havent even been attempting to get my camera in. :tears:

eh, hold your horses! I have some but they're not great on 2nd glance...they're a bit wibbly what with me jumping up and down at the front! But I will share later, they're on the puter at home.

I'd be glad to share some of the rest of my holiday snaps though, we went to the Louis Tussauds House of Wax...if you've never seen the sights there...oh...my...giddy..aunt....it's so funny, you'll kill yourself laughing ;)

Back
Top Bottom