Have you ever felt the feeling?

Yes, I want to know... Yesterday I was watching "Who put the M in Manchester" and the last track was "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out", and when I was watching it I got this feeling, it felt like you had butterflies in your stomach... :) A ?

I get that feeling a lot too, especially when I’m waiting for Moz to come on stage. The feeling of excitement at that moment is unbearable. I’ve never felt anything like it.
. ;)

actually i prefer the manchester move concert which are seen on the extra on this dvd to the gig in the men arena on his birthday...notably because you can hear everybody sing ..every day is like sunday at manchester move and there is a light when you see these faces of the people who sing along with such passion

at the men gig you didnt see the audience that much and you doesnt hear them...but i have to say even i love the manchester dvd i get totally mad about certain smiths (and of other moz bootlegdvds) bootlegs esp that salford gig the audience being so wild...

Quote:
Johnny Marr, in a 2007 interview, when questioned about the best gig he's ever played: "Salford University in 1986 with The Smiths. The PA had to be tied down because the floor was bouncing up so high that the stage was practically falling to pieces. I've actually got that night on film somewhere. The Smiths were pretty full-on as a live band. Even the slow songs were full-on. I doubt we ever played a bad show."

edit:
there are moments on that esp during i know its over when the light shines on moz and the white shirt glows in the light and he looks like an angel at that moment .. and of course the gorgeous intense song did the rest and the let loose during hand in glove and bigmouth..which makes me want to join in

oh but they should finally release introducing morrissey from the 95 tour on dvd..the amount of the stage invaders which can be seen in songs like now my heart is full speedway etc and the whole concert in itself
ALSO.:
morrissey looks so VULNERABLE in some scenes..when he comes up on stage there- for example- a whole different scene to the "coming up on stage " on the manchester dvd

there is one point where he breaks down after saying something ( before hold on to your friends)and a fan climbs up on stage and hold him up/offer comfort......heartwarming

a similar scene can be seen a the "will never marry video" which is longer on the introducing video as in the youtube version where its has been cut off short
there is a scene where he after throwing out his shirt follow the way the shirt flies with his eyes and let himself fall down and a fan who stands behind him catch him while he let himself fall down to the ground
its filmed quite far away from the back from the audience sight

i found that incredibly touching... the fan who offers comfort

oh and to THEVBIE´s comment i found the moment most exciting the moment he steps out onto the stage not the waiting time itself ..he lightens up the room didnt he ... :D
he has such a presence ..he didnt have to do much...his presence alone is ..mesmerizing...i just think back about he moment i saw him the first time live in berlin(2006) and i didnt know what to expect since i dint see any live video before

so i get into that concert without no expectations and was so blown away..i will always remember that moment he appears on stage and the whole audience did a collective sigh.....
when i hear that sigh on the berlin bootleg i join in with that sigh every time ... and again

so this first concert will always stay in my mind and that exact same feeling i had during the first concert couldnt unfortunately be repeated on that INTENSE level so i do enjoy his concerts;YES but i didnt go through this whole rollercoaster feelings as at he first one...where i even had a feeling i had taken speed or ectasy..during every day is like sunday i had the feeling I was floating one meter above the ground and it felt as it was real..very strange...i am sad that i couldnt reproduce that feeling after that concert ..on other concerts i have seen of him

but its almost a therapeutic feeling ...

at the moment of the concert a lot of things you come to terms with yourself and some hidden feelings come up front

i spoke to a woman who did flyover to the cancelled london concert on saturday and whe spoke about exact that.. -the latter mentioned hidden feelings ...
i didnt know her but we just started chatting in front of the seetickets guy at the box office and did go the a pub near the roundhouse...she was more into moz than her husband who isnt that interested but there are no exception a m I right Ep babe;-)
but morrissey connects hehe..she isnt part of the forum yet (just going to the main board)but when i mentioned the frink thread she looks very interested:D:D

Last edited:
I know it is nothing to do with seeing him live or watching the DVD or feeling love or anything but I can't describe the feeling I get when I hear the opening (di di dink dink .....) of This Charming Man or the opening drums on Reel Around the Fountain. It just takes me back to being 16.

actually i prefer the manchester move concert which are seen on the extra on this dvd to the gig in the men arena on his birthday...notably because you can hear everybody sing ..every day is like sunday at manchester move and there is a light when you see these faces of the people who sing along with such passion

That is the only part of Who Put the M that I have a problem with. Is that you can't see/hear the crowd singing along. For me that is a big part of the experience at a Moz show. Hearing us all come together and sing along with him. It's a part in a way of the interaction we have with him. It's so touching and moving to me, that when I hear it, and especially on certain bootlegs (like the Roundhouse one from Jan 23rd. during Jack the Ripper and ESPECIALLY Please x3) and hear the crowd singing along so loudly and sometimes Moz lets them sing portions of the songs, it chokes me up. :]

I know it is nothing to do with seeing him live or watching the DVD or feeling love or anything but I can't describe the feeling I get when I hear the opening (di di dink dink .....) of This Charming Man or the opening drums on Reel Around the Fountain. It just takes me back to being 16.

oh I love the opening riff! I get a surge of energy from This Charming Man. I wish he'd sing it live...I'd die.

Back
Top Bottom