Morrissey Central "HELLO HELL" (April 19, 2021)

HELLO HELL

April 19, 2021

"This is my first comment (and hopefully my last) on The Simpsons' episode - which I know has enraged many people. The hatred shown towards me from the creators of The Simpsons is obviously a taunting lawsuit, but one that requires more funding than I could possibly muster in order to make a challenge. Neither do I have a determined business squad of legal practitioners ready to pounce. I think this is generally understood and is the reason why I am so carelessly and noisily attacked. You are especially despised if your music affects people in a strong and beautiful way, since music is no longer required to. In fact, the worst thing you can do in 2021 is to lend a bit of strength to the lives of others. There is no place in modern music for anyone with strong emotions. Limitations have been placed on art, and no label will sign an artist who might answer back. Anyway, forgive me, we all know this because we can see how music - and the world in general, has become a mesmerizing mess, and we must let it go spinning along unbearably because free speech no longer exists. We all know this. In my case, nothing about my life has ever been matter-of-fact; nothing about my songs has ever been matter-of-fact … so why would they now be? Since my very first interview several decades ago I have lived with horrible accusations to such a degree that it is generally understood that 'this is how we write about Morrissey'. In other words, I'm quite used to it. I've had enough horror thrown at me that would kill off a herd of bison. Accusations usually come from someone with a crazed desire for importance; they don't operate at a very high level. Writing for The Simpsons, for example, evidently requires only complete ignorance. But all of these things are too easy for me to say. In a world obsessed with Hate Laws, there are none that protect me. Often, the scandal sheets (do we STILL refer to them as 'news'papers?) attempt to psychologically wound an artist, and then, hopefully stir up enough hatred against that artist so that s/he is physically wounded. False theories of race are now the most common (and boring) aspect of all criticism, and will continue to be so until accusations of racism are in themselves illicit. I have watched 'Smiths fans' being attacked by the UK press on the grounds that 'Smiths fans' are too backward to understand the person that I am; I have watched the modern Morrissey audience be ridiculed by the UK press with the belief that they, too, couldn't possibly know who I am, and I have lost several high-profile friends because they could no longer live with the night and day harassment from British journalists who are suicidally anguished because they cannot urge the people around me to drum up tell-tale incidents of racism. This battle fatigue I face alone, although I am very grateful to the writer Fiona Dodwell for her eloquent appraisals of the victimization that now automatically associates with my name, and on which The Simpsons latest episode feasts.
People continually ask me why I do not retaliate - especially following the Sky Sports open slander. The answer is explained in the first few lines of this comment. Life is difficult and you must face it on your own, and even with the impossible-to-imagine legal artillary, everything can be repaired … except the human heart.

It is easier for me not to go on. You know I couldn't last."

MORRISSEY
19 April 2021, Los Angeles.

Morrissey_Band_G013_copy_2_vq4iws.jpg

Edit: That picture appears to be by Travis Shinn, from the same session that produced the inner sleeve pictures of Something Is Squeezing My Skull.

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it's official. Moz has no sense of humor.
Its not about humor ...humor based on facts is funny ...not on fabrications ....humors like these are hate pieces against mozzer just because he thinks for himself ...which in the world of today is a huge crime ....how dare you not have morality that didnt come from some twitter account or some hollywood produced shit show

Its not about humor ...humor based on facts is funny ...not on fabrications ....humors like these are hate pieces against mozzer just because he thinks for himself ...which in the world of today is a huge crime ....how dare you not have morality that didnt come from some twitter account or some hollywood produced shit show
nonsense

There are two sides to the "thinking for himself" stance.

In what way do you think in "the world of today' it is a crime for people to think for themselves?

Instead of just quoting what Morrissey says and thinks maybe you would like to explain?

As for morality well there are many who think many things have been said that are immoral on the other side of that targeted scenario.

Morrissey on the Simpsons - Review.
(The Murder Of Morrissey)

A longer discussion defending Morrissey by what appears to be someone in a cupboard.
FWD.

Having seen the episode, it's staggeringly unfunny - I don't think I have seen a good episode of The Simpsons for a very, very long time - but, and there's always a but - it's long overdue Moz gets his bubble burst.

Having seen the episode, it's staggeringly unfunny - I don't think I have seen a good episode of The Simpsons for a very, very long time - but, and there's always a but - it's long overdue Moz gets his bubble burst.

Have you seen his press cuttings? They're always horrible to him. Except for the brief moments he's done a photoshoot.

:rolleyes:

its unfunny troll tragic 'humor' along the lines of 'bernie the british butcher and his secretary sharon'.o_O
' this is sharon not bernie' ffs if you think thats funny you must be a moroon.:o

Have you seen his press cuttings? They're always horrible to him. Except for the brief moments he's done a photoshoot.

And there are many people out there who also feel Morrissey was always horrible to them. I mean the number of times he has wished death of people reads like a bible of hate in itself.

You put hate out you get hate in. Life long formulaic process.

And there are many people out there who also feel Morrissey was always horrible to them. I mean the number of times he has wished death of people reads like a bible of hate in itself.

You put hate out you get hate in. Life long formulaic process.

He's never been seriously horrible to anyone - he just spends his life lamenting about the state of music, news angles, cruelty to animals, anyone who writes about his private life & probably anyone who sends him an invoice.

It doesn't deserve a targeted attack by the entire arts/media establishment.

The reality is more interesting.

🤒

JFC another moroon troll article. Sue because the cartoon was making lies.🤒
dudnt Skinny want to sue peeps here not long ago, and he didnt so that must make him
not only guilty of silencing free speech but of whatever he was accused of, likely being
a troll cuck.:hammer:

of course i may be wrong it may have been some other troll who was about to importune his solicitor:kiss:
maybe it was 'angelito':straightface:

Morrissey Thinks Free Speech No Longer Exists Because He Can’t Sue The Simpsons For Satirizing Him

FWD.

That article's worse than the Facebook posts.

Freedom of speech is about being able to discuss ideas - it doesn't mean you can target someone with slander & ridicule, violate their privacy or put their livelihood at risk, esp when it's disproportionate.

Their tweets made it clear they were calling him out & the producer deleted some of the worst ones.

"Everyone reacts to being mocked in different ways, but whining about how you want to sue to silence people, while simultaneously claiming there’s no more free speech seems dumber than most options out there."

Yup.

No, not yup.

And as you're a J K Rowling supporter & she's been threatening to sue everyone who calls her transphobic, including charities, you should know better.

After 8 days, the 'Simpsons Celebrate The Snuffs' page over on Central was removed April 25, 2021.
This update will appear in related threads.
Regards,
FWD.

It's not funny though. They took something that was one of his best and most noble qualities (his lifelong vegetarianism) and used it to hurt and slander him. It was incredibly low. If they had played up his worst qualities fine, but on the vegetarian stance he deserves some f***ing credit. In actuality they're not attacking morrissey, they're attacking grotesque eat eaters. I mean I guess grotesque meat eaters are funny in a repulsive sort of way, but they bear absolutely no relation to Mozzer.
Satire is not slander.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom