How much do The Smiths/Morrissey constitute from your time spent listening to music ?

zulu sierra

Born again atheist
I was just wondering what is the percentage of time you spend listening to The Smiths and/or Morrissey Solo over that spent listening to music in general.

As for me , upon the release of Years of Refusal , my interest in Smiths/Moz music was rekindled to the extent that since February of this year I haven't practically listened to anything except the Smiths and Morrissey :blushing:

So I would say that around 90% of the music I listen to these days hovers around Morrissey and The Smiths.

This percentage was never higher ( apart from the Eighties when I was a huge fan of The Smiths )

I guess I'm an addict and will stay an addict forever....:thumb:

Re: How much do The Smiths/Morrissey constitute from your time spent listening to mus

This is my last.fm stats, for about the last 12 months or so.

29ut9fk.jpg

Re: How much do The Smiths/Morrissey constitute from your time spent listening to mus

Far too much. My last.fm for the last 12 months goes like this:

1. Morrissey - 2,872
2. The Smiths - 1,326
3. - 822

So there's quite a disparity there, and that doesn't even include vinyl etc. God knows what it would be like if it did. Still, i've learnt to accept this.

Barely anything anymore. He was the first actual decent artist I liked, (before Morrissey I primarily listened to metal) and I've since learnt that he's not the only one. There is such a wealth of great music out there, I feel like I'm missing out if I just have to concentrate on one artist now. Don't worry though, I'll never forget the Songs That Saved My Life...

100% of the time when I was aged 16 and 17.
3.2% of the time these days.

according to my last.fm for the past 12 months
Morrissey - 1092
The Smiths - 229
Good Shoes - 123

most of the Moz has been bootlegs of shows this past tour.

I'd say about 55% Morrissey/Smiths, 20% Depeche and 25% other stuff.

my perfecntage is really quite low as i've only just started listening on advice from a friend, but it's increasing every day

My last 3 months according to last.fm:

1 Morrissey 2,420
2 The Smiths 911
3 Death in June 296

So..too much!

According to Last.fm since September first:

Morrissey: 754
The Smiths: 546
The Jesus and Mary Chain: 66

girlxafraid said:
So..too much!

There's never too much.

According to Last.fm since September first:

Morrissey: 754
The Smiths: 546
The Jesus and Mary Chain: 66

There's never too much.

Perhaps I should have added "/sarcasm" ;)

is there anything that is too little? i'm feeling a little intimidated by you guys!

Hahaha. No reason to feel intimidated. Everyone starts somewhere. But, I mean if you really want to be cool, then I suggest all you do is listen to Moz/The Smiths. If you want to be taken seriously, that is...

Hahaha. No reason to feel intimidated. Everyone starts somewhere. But, I mean if you really want to be cool, then I suggest all you do is listen to Moz/The Smiths. If you want to be taken seriously, that is...

Yes. One of us! One of us! Gooble gobble gooble gobble!

Around 80-85 % :o I sometimes try to "force" myself to listen to something new... but I always give up and return to The Smiths\Morrissey.:D

I'd say about 99% Morrissey - I've been trying to force myself to listen to other musicians again and found myself returning to the Smiths.
However, to please the rest of the household we'll listen to non-Morrissey music occasionally. Today I played Under the Influence.

According to last.FM, about 56% lately.

Adding all my accounts together though (the ones that I remember the names of anyway, because I make new ones so often) it comes out to 67%, so a good 2/3 anyway!

In actually it's more like 95-100% of the time or none of the time. Some (actually most) days I just listen to nothing BUT it, with maybe a couple different people thrown in, and other days I decide I'm going to expand my horizons and don't listen at all! (That never lasts very long).

By FAR he's the majority with 4847 plays though, between solo and Smiths, which I think is a better measure than percent of total, just due to the vast spread of people I listen to, like, once or twice. Case in point: second highest playcount, I do believe, is Talking Heads, with a whopping 112. :lbf:

My favourite musicians are Sagan and Hawking.

Literally listen to Morrissey and The Smiths errday.

Back
Top Bottom