Is Morrissey a cheeseaholic?

For a vegetarian he's quite fat, he must eat a lot of cheese. He needs to go to a CA meeting (cheeseaholics anonymous). Either that or he eats too much cake.

Maybe he just doesn't exercise and sits at home and drinks beer. Or he lives on a diet of crisps and chocolate. What do you guys think? What made the Mozzer piles on the pounds?

hmmm

I don't think so.

Johnny Marr loves cheese (I read it from a magazine interview), but not sure about Morrissey.

Morrissey isn't obese, leave him alone.

Alex James out of Blur loves cheese more than any other pop star, Morrissey...not so much.

For a vegetarian he's quite fat, he must eat a lot of cheese. He needs to go to a CA meeting (cheeseaholics anonymous). Either that or he eats too much cake.

Maybe he just doesn't exercise and sits at home and drinks beer. Or he lives on a diet of crisps and chocolate. What do you guys think? What made the Mozzer piles on the pounds?

Long ago I read somewhere that Moz really was into pasta dishes- also fattening. But I don't think he's obese. I also think (from personal experience) that middle aged people gain weight because their metabolism slows down dramatically, making it more difficult to lose weight.
Also, imagine all of the physical energy he uses to perform. Touring must be difficult. I remember reading when he was young that he acquired spots because all he ate were crisps and chocolate. Maybe he's eating more because of the stress of touring. I dunno. I still maintain he looks great! :horny:

Last edited:
I love cheese. :D
It's very easy to get fat as a vegetarian. Lots of vegetarian dishes are very high in carbohydrates, for example. I myself have become fatter since I've become a vegetarian. And apart from all that Morrissey is not fat at all.

I <3 cheese, especially double gloucester.

Apparently lots of us veggies eat alot of cheese because we subconsciously look for something as rich as meat. I don't miss meat at all but perhaps the reason is because I eat too much cheese?

I <3 cheese, especially double gloucester.

Apparently lots of us veggies eat alot of cheese because we subconsciously look for something as rich as meat. I don't miss meat at all but perhaps the reason is because I eat too much cheese?

You might be onto something there. When I stopped eating meat I had the biggest craving for peanut butter, and still eat buckets of the stuff to this day. I assumed it was to make up for the fat I was missing from meat, but I dunno.

I don't think cheese makes you fat.Just eating too much of anything does.

Leave Moz alone he's cuddly.:cool:

I am the cheese eater and I am not fat. He is old but he's Morrissey.

I don't know why people always assume vegetarians are going to be super thin. I was a strict veg for 12 years and I was fatter then than I am now. Now I'm nearly vegetarian, but I eat fish and a little chicken. No red meat, no sugar and low(ish) carb as well. I'm wayyy fat. And, no, I am not addicted to cheese.

The reason Morrissey is no longer skinny as a rail is because he's 50! Even people with good metabolisms and no underlying medical issues tend to put on a little weight as they age. It's actually very healthy to do so. It's been shown that the people who don't gain some weight with age tend to die younger than people who do put on a few pounds extra.

Yeah, it's really easy to get fat as a vegetarian, even without cheese. I know fat vegans as well. One word - sugar.

Due to being diabetic I haven't eaten sugar in 20 years, yet I was a fat vegetarian. Some people are just going to be fat.

I love cheese. :D
It's very easy to get fat as a vegetarian. Lots of vegetarian dishes are very high in carbohydrates, for example. I myself have become fatter since I've become a vegetarian. And apart from all that Morrissey is not fat at all.

I think that's what it is too. When I was fully vegetarian I think I ended up eating more carbs than I'm supposed to. Not so much at home, but when I'd go out sometimes the only vegetarian option was a carby side dish.

Out of curiousity, is this a conclusion you've come to on your own or is this something told to you by doctors or a weight loss facility?

Please note that I am not trying to be smart and am very sympathetic to your condition. Also I started to read the some people should be shot thread where the overweight debate discussion occured but stopped after a page or two.

Due to being diabetic I haven't eaten sugar in 20 years, yet I was a fat vegetarian. Some people are just going to be fat.

Out of curiousity, is this a conclusion you've come to on your own or is this something told to you by doctors or a weight loss facility?

Please note that I am not trying to be smart and am very sympathetic to your condition. Also I started to read the some people should be shot thread where the overweight debate discussion occured but stopped after a page or two.

Both! I have a lot of endocrinological problems, so I see my endocrinologist every 3 months. I'm also seen by his in-house nutritionist to make sure I'm on top of things. I was just there last week and I was complaining to him about how difficult it is to cope with a world where people assume that fat people are stuffing their faces with junk food. He told me to "screw 'em" and that I'm in very good company. Of course, it's his job to treat people with situations like mine, so he's more sympathetic even though he's thin himself.

And before you assume that HE is an idiot quack telling me what I want to hear, know that he is a top endo and he used to treat the Bush family's Grave's Disease. (I'll try to forgive him for it.)

But that's only half of it. When you've dealt with this kind of thing all your life you tend to do a lot of research to find out what the f*** is wrong. I've read and read and read about all of this and I'm living it.

Oh, and one of the reasons my doctors asked me to stop with the full-blown vegetarianism is because of the carb thing. I need to have my calories come from less carbs than most people because insulin resistance makes eating too many carbs dangerous... And it also makes insulin resistant people gain weight REALLY easily.

Last edited:
Morrissey is quoted as saying he takes anti depressants which bloat him.

I eat far too much cheese. When I had to work last birthday I brought 20 quid's worth of cheese and biscuits in.

Today I had cheese on toast for breakfast, cheese and chive jackets for lunch and pizza for dinner.

Back
Top Bottom