"Istanbul" single (digital download) released (May 20, 2014)

Just downloaded from Amazon.
First listen - wow! Very Smiths-esque.

As noted by Ryan., the download is should also now be available to those who pre-ordered the album. CrystalGeezer notes the song is also now available on iTunes.

As mentioned by Uncleskinny, this release has not been publicized yet on Harvest Records' Twitter feed, TTY, or Morrissey's Official Facebook page.

Also now available on Spotify.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, with the exact same art I wonder if some people didn't even know it was a different song.
I thought it was a much better song than WPINOYB. I was surprised to see it didn't chart at all.
WTF is going on?

Since, and including, Quarry, all the lead Morrissey singles have been play-listed by Radio 2 (on their A list), many have been played by XfM, and some by Absolute. But these new ones are being played by no-one (just 6 times in the UK in the month instead of 500 for Paris/YHKM, when they came out). There are also no adverts in the music press. So they are selling in tiny quantities.
They are generating quite a lot of hype, especially the P Anderson video which was all over the world's media yesterday (even Sky and ITN News), so there is mass awareness that a new Morrissey album is on its way.
I don't know why radio stations are not playing them. The consensus is that these are as good as any singles released on his recent albums (i.e. not great but ok). They can't A-list each of the three songs in successive weeks. There's a month gap til the album comes out now so maybe they will put Earth on their lists, and treat it as the official first single.
We'll know on Friday.

current bit of £36? wow![/QUOTE]

Well.....have a look tonight how much this is gonna go for....(I am not bidding , by the way)

Cheers Moz

current bit of £36? wow!

Well.....have a look tonight how much this is gonna go for....(I am not bidding , by the way)

Cheers Moz[/QUOTE]

i'd probably act rashly and shell out £36 if it was a promo for the full album (even minus the bonus tracks) but for a promo of a song which is easily available, gah! i guess there are still some serious collectors out there but by the time the album is released you'd be able to pick up that item for a £1 or so.

Winning Bid : £ 82...

Cheers Moz

I think Moz has realised he can earn more money not releasing a mass market physical single, just making a few dozen promos and flogging them on ebay.

i'd probably act rashly and shell out £36 if it was a promo for the full album (even minus the bonus tracks) but for a promo of a song which is easily available, gah! i guess there are still some serious collectors out there but by the time the album is released you'd be able to pick up that item for a £1 or so.

It is still collectable because it is the radio edit of the song. The radio edit isn't widely available yet. I'd imagine I'm one of three on this site who have it.

Would you mind to share it with us??????

Skylarker has compiled tracks for Volume 18 of his wonderful 'Never-Heard Symphonies' and that was one of the tracks I contributed. I asked him if he would mind not posting it publicly until we can cobble together decent live versions of the new singles and the audio from the remaining Spoken Word videos. It just didn't seem worth it to post a new volume with only 12 songs on it. I'd imagine it will be posted later this month around the release of 'The Bullfighter Dies'...

That gives you a massive boner, right?

Yes. Care to guess which of your orifices I'm going to put it in?

Skylarker has compiled tracks for Volume 18 of his wonderful 'Never-Heard Symphonies' and that was one of the tracks I contributed. I asked him if he would mind not posting it publicly until we can cobble together decent live versions of the new singles and the audio from the remaining Spoken Word videos. It just didn't seem worth it to post a new volume with only 12 songs on it. I'd imagine it will be posted later this month around the release of 'The Bullfighter Dies'...

That would be great!

Another Promo just gone for £ 50....

Cheers Moz

Sticker on that says Istanbul released to coincide with the album...

0UjjfcN.jpg

P.

So my understanding is that , and please correct me if I am wrong, Istanbul is actually getting a physical release....the funny thing is that it is out the same day as the album....I am more and more confused guys.....and what about WPINOYB on amazon.it and amazon.de getting a release (physical, I suppose) a week before 4th July....

Cheers Moz

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom