Jesse is pissed at the thieving bastards that leaked our record...

Why does Jesse get so much flak for his writing? "If you don't like me then don't look at me" is one of my all time fave Moz songs!

I like all the singles from ROTT.

I like his songs on YOR.

I still think the song the song that should be skipped is Not Your Birthday.. but that seems like everyone's favourite. I've given it a few listens by I just cannot get into it.

I still think the song the song that should be skipped is Not Your Birthday.. but that seems like everyone's favourite. I've given it a few listens by I just cannot get into it.

For me, Birthday has one of the weakest openings I've heard from a Moz song (like a discard from the Quarry era b-sides - indeed, it dips back into that towards the end), then it sort of punches its way out of its paper bag to grab your ankle. I don't think it would manage to pull it off without that visceral centrepiece phrase, though.

Well I think you're totally correct about the good people here (on SoLow) but I'm not so sure about Joe Public... ?

I agree with Jesse - the illegal downloads mean that fewer copies will be sold - therefore Jesse will earn less money

Oh, come on - this album isn't going to win over any new converts. The only people who'll buy it are the already converted, and they are going to buy it whether they download it previously or not. Really, he needs to go back to Alanis Morrissette if he wants to make money. Actually, he needs to go back to Alanis Morrissette, period.

I would prefer to hear the album for the first time at home or on a portable CD player. I remember when i first got ROTT and i played it on my CD on the way home from the shop and i really liked listening to tracks for the first time that way and looking at the sleeve and reading the lyrics as i hear the songs. I want to do that again so i didn't donnload- besides the fact i don't actually know how to download. To me downloading loading it months in advance just doens't seem right to me.
If i were Jesse i would be pretty pissed off. It's partly his work so i don't think people should criticise him for being pissed off about it.

Oh, come on - this album isn't going to win over any new converts. The only people who'll buy it are the already converted, and they are going to buy it whether they download it previously or not. Really, he needs to go back to Alanis Morrissette if he wants to make money. Actually, he needs to go back to Alanis Morrissette, period.

haha Comtesse, I'm glad you are back. :D

That's something I don't agree with, at all. You downloaded it because you wanted to. You could've waited until the official release, but you decided not to. Or that sentence of yours referred to the leak itself?

As for Jesse, I can't blame him, I'd be pissed too.

exactly;)

Did Alanis Morissette give Jesse any songwriting points on her albums? Not sure...

I know why you say it but I don't entirely agree that Moz's audience isn't growing. I'd like to think that there are plenty of new converts who'll try this album... call me optimistic

Life's tough Jesse. You've no doubt made a lot of money through your association with Morrissey, and let's face it it hasn't been earnt. Any half rate session player could have matched your efforts and your two songs are the weakest by far on the album. No doubt most people who have downloaded it will eventually buy the cd or vinyl. That's life.

I would prefer to hear the album for the first time at home or on a portable CD player. I remember when i first got ROTT and i played it on my CD on the way home from the shop and i really liked listening to tracks for the first time that way and looking at the sleeve and reading the lyrics as i hear the songs. I want to do that again so i didn't donnload- besides the fact i don't actually know how to download. To me downloading loading it months in advance just doens't seem right to me.
If i were Jesse i would be pretty pissed off. It's partly his work so i don't think people should criticise him for being pissed off about it.

exactly what i was gonna say.
he has every right to be annoyed at all those weak people who donwload it and fuel this sort of behaviour.
:p

exactly what i was gonna say.
he has every right to be annoyed at all those weak people who donwload it and fuel this sort of behaviour.
:p

that's the future..no..it's the present and it's getting much worser..

That's something I don't agree with, at all. You downloaded it because you wanted to. You could've waited until the official release, but you decided not to. Or that sentence of yours referred to the leak itself?

As for Jesse, I can't blame him, I'd be pissed too.

yep , it must be hard seeing your work put out on a way you didnt plan ... but it seems to be the modern way :o

freaking out about an album leak is very 2006. what made him think this wouldn't happen, when it happens to every artist...

If Jesse is pissed, imagine how Moz must be feeling about it! Perhaps now he will have to tour more to recover lost funds. RESULT!

Yeah sure Jesse and the boys have a right to be pissed off but directing it at the fans is a little misguided no? How about aiming your disappointment at the people who work at the record company. They are the ones that leaked it. I mean it's not like some fans from Moz Solo broke in to the studio and threw it in their backpack???

Yeah sure Jesse and the boys have a right to be pissed off but directing it at the fans is a little misguided no? How about aiming your disappointment at the people who work at the record company. They are the ones that leaked it. I mean it's not like some fans from Moz Solo broke in to the studio and threw it in their backpack???

f*** them. they sting us fans for enough money:(

Back
Top Bottom