Jesse is pissed at the thieving bastards that leaked our record...

Nowadays its a competition to see who can get the new stuff first, I must admit I purposely downloaded it to show off to my ex that I have it before him, and he's that thick he wouldnt know how to go about downloading it early.

Like the rest of you i'll be buying it when its released and ordering the single online as they never have it locally in this one horse town lol

Attention Jesse (aka Catinflas)

do you still command the waters with that 'stache? still buckle at the site of playing your two-chord rythmic sounds you have the audacity to call songs?

quite whining!

sometimes when you can't control the medium in which you have a direct interest in, you just have to let it go. it could have been you for all we know, I mean who else besides the "inner circle" have access to the finished copy?

who else gave this "thieving bastard or bastards" a copy of the album with the knowledge that they wouldn't leak it? you only have yourself to blame.

you could have all agreed to not give it to anyone and only have a listening party or parties for people in the "industry" to go to, and thus save yourself the frustration of a digital leak.

i'm a musician myself and I barely get by, and I will never understand WHY the ones considered "seasoned veterans" are the ones that have the NERVE to complain. they make more money and it's not enough. they already have fame and fortune and it's still not enough. they wont suffer the affects of the U.S. economy and yet want to persecute the "thieving bastards" as they see fit.

better yet, go live in the 3rd world countries that make your extravagant wardrobe for a couple of years and then see how you get by.....too much for you, jesse? i though so!

I think music should be free, in the ideal world of course. It should be made for the sake of it and not for the sake of profits.

I am now one of the victims of the flu epidemic and today YOR has lightened up my sickened spirit. This, however, doesn`t mean that I`m not going to buy the CD when it comes out. I definitely am, while I still can and many will do so too.

The record itself is fantastic. It exceeds my expectation in spite of some familiar songs that I, for a fact, have fallen in love with again. I am absolutely enamoured with It`s Not Your Birthday Anymore, Skull, Black Cloud and OK By Myself. The latter empowers my credo of the moment and is, in the end, a very uplifting record, in my opinion.

Did you really think we meant
All of those syrupy-sentimental things that we said?

He deleted me after I told him I listened to Years Of Refusal and I also told him to tell Morrissey I said Hi!

It feels kinda cool that he took the time to delete me.
I wonder if I go up to him and say "hey remember when you deleted me"
he'll remember

"Jesse is pissed at the thieving bastards that leaked our record..."

What's this business about our record?

Signed,

Morrissey

So what if it leaked? I don't consider piracy "stealing" at all. What makes it stealing? The fact that I downloaded it illegally or when I actually listen to it? It's no different than if my friend buys the album and let's me borrow it. I think of downloading like having a library card. I check out a bunch of books and if I like them enough, I'll buy them so I can read them again. If I don't like the book, I don't read it again. The same applies for downloads. If I don't like the music, I delete it off my hard drive and never listen to it again. I have spent thousands of dollars on Morrissey merchandise in my lifetime and will probably spend thousands more. The only thing we are paying for when we buy an album is the packaging. Artists don't make their money from album sales, they make it when they go on tour and charge us hundreds of dollars for tickets and overprice all their merchandise 300%. I downloaded the album illegally and I loved it. When it becomes available I will buy the vinyl and the CD and whatever other imports/rarities/etc. become available. Artists need to embrace file sharing technology instead of complain every time someone downloads one of their songs. It's probably the best promotion they could possibly get for their music.

Back
Top Bottom