Johnny Marr responds to Morrissey's open letter via Twitter (January 26, 2022)

Last edited by a moderator:
Moz doesn't do press because if he was interviewed by someone who outright called him on his replacement faces backing band, the way he throws people away as soon as they outlive their usefulness, his borderline racism and loathsomely stupid comments about Kevin Spacey and Harvey Weinstein, and his utterly bizarre worldview, it would go down as worse than the Sweatless Nonce's interview. Moz prefers to hide behind carefully vetted email questions where he can hone his statements and no one can follow up on his dunderheaded daftness with a response such as "Are you kidding? You seriously think the Chinese are a subspecies?"

:)

'hiding behind vetted emails' = hater euphemism for 'Moz' is not a yenta like a devious twat we happen to know:lbf:

Le Pepe aka :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: makes yenta gossip interviews, talking about third parties. if you call him on the phone and gossip with him then you get a good yenta remark in the interview, if you dont and hurt 'his feelings', then he will snipe and make snarky devious remarks about you. thats how Pep rolls (n)

we have a similar case here where you have to pretend the party in question is at the "AAA Meeting" or "at the gym" or "at computer
school" all euphemisms for lifting 🍻s
my point being that :bird: of a feather :bird::bird:
together

:hammer:

:)

'hiding behind vetted emails' = hater euphemism for 'Moz' is not a yenta like a devious twat we happen to know:lbf:

Le Pepe aka :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: makes yenta gossip interviews, talking about third parties. if you call him on the phone and gossip with him then you get a good yenta remark in the interview, if you dont and hurt 'his feelings', then he will snipe and make snarky devious remarks about you. thats how Pep rolls (n)

we have a similar case here where you have to pretend the party in question is at the "AAA Meeting" or "at the gym" or "at computer
school" all euphemisms for lifting 🍻s
my point being that :bird: of a feather :bird::bird:
together

:hammer:
Please... for the love of God...
Somebody make all of this stop 🙄

Probably not - also we don't know if the carrier pigeon that brings him news has arrived yet.
:lbf:
Yeah - never tweet when you're angry.

I bet you Marr in hindsight, is giving himself the proper self kicking. Thinking to himself, I should have said this or should of said that instead!

Imagine Marr a couple days later, waking up in a cold sweat when he suddenly realizes that his rash little tweet was the final bridge burner, in regards to a reunion.

oh well.

Imagine Marr a couple days later, waking up in a cold sweat when he suddenly realizes that his rash little tweet was the final bridge burner, in regards to a reunion.
That bridge was burned in 1987, and no attempt at rebuilding it will ever be successful. As such, Marr has nothing to lose by saying what he wants, and nothing to gain by kowtowing to Moz's demands to police his speech in 2022. I'm sure in previous years his has bitten his tongue to a certain extent, in the hope of not killing the golden goose of a potential Smiths reunion. He must realise by this point, that it's a hopeless endeavour. At this stage Marr might as well just publically tell Moz to wind his neck in, and F off - what possible difference would it make?

I said it's Morrissey's right to do as he wishes, "should" isn't a command it's my point of view,
Most forget about Morrissey’s point of view, a point of view from which which we could only speculate on.
he should ignore the bloke he's had nowt to do with for 30 years.
He seems to have been trying to ignore Marr’s comments over the years, it’s not all of sudden Morrissey feels this way.
or if he wanted to make a real point he should have put the boot in and given some real examples of what he's sick of,
His ‘real examples’ and ‘what he’s sick of’ has been going on for years.
And of course not being him, most
may not see why he would be upset
about this or that comment.
otherwise why should Marr care about a whining post about the M word on Central.

if Marr has no memory of what he himself has said, then I guess he wouldn’t care or know what the open letter means.

But Marr does know what Morrissey is saying and means, otherwise he wouldn’t have replied.

I don't get the Brock point at all, should he move on from mentioning Morrissey or not? seems to be more about your sensitivity than anything else. Moz and Marr have had long fruitful careers where they could pick multiple highlights compared to other artists, is he insulting Matt Johnson as well?

As far as song writing collaborating goes, Marr will be remembered mostly for his collaboration with Morrissey, everyone knows this.

So when he goes and says that some other lyricist that he wrote songs with is the greatest lyricist he’s worked with, well, the media/music sites smelt blood and ran with it.

As such, Marr has nothing to lose by saying what he wants,
Does Marr really always say what he wants ? I wonder.
and nothing to gain by kowtowing to Moz's demands to police his speech in 2022.

Funny how so few cared when Morrissey’s speech was being policed for too many years by the press, by Haslam and the others that jumped on the anti-Moz bandwagon.

I'm sure in previous years his has bitten his tongue to a certain extent, in the hope of not killing the golden goose of a potential Smiths reunion. He must realise by this point, that it's a hopeless endeavour.

Maybe he did think there was a possibility before his tweet to M.

It’s all just speculation for us.

At this stage Marr might as well just publically tell Moz to wind his neck in, and F off - what possible difference would it make?

I guess Marr felt it would make a difference, because he didn’t say any of that.

So Strangways took you by surprise
You better see right through that son of yours eyes

Those freaks was right when they said you was dead
The one mistake you made was running 10 miles a day

How do you sleep?
How do you sleep at night?

You play with straights who tell you, you was king
Jump when BMG tells you anything

The only thing you done was Golden Lights
And since you've gone you're just another setting sun

How do you sleep?

A pretty face may last a year or two
But pretty soon they'll see what you can do
The guitar sound you make is muzak to my ears
You must have learned something in all those years

I bet you Marr in hindsight, is giving himself the proper self kicking. Thinking to himself, I should have said this or should of said that instead!

oh well.
The real test of all this will be his next interview. A chance to either mend the fence or burn it down.

How arrogant do you have to be to imagine that going up against Morrissey in a war of words is a good idea?
Morrissey has soundly defeated Morrissey in the war of words and it's been that way for quite a few years now.

foot in mouth, we talk right out of our behinds- no it's not like I said it like that- you must've misunderstood, you twat- and if the people read, then it wasn't me! oh I'm really pissed off 'cause it's really not faaaaaaaiirrrrr

The real test of all this will be his next interview. A chance to either mend the fence or burn it down.

It will be business as usual, if he gets asked then he will probably answer, if that's burning it down in Morrissey's eyes then that's what it is.

So Strangways took you by surprise
You better see right through that son of yours eyes

Those freaks was right when they said you was dead
The one mistake you made was running 10 miles a day

How do you sleep?

You play with straights who tell you, you was king
Jump when BMG tells you anything

The only thing you done was Golden Lights
And since you've gone you're just another setting sun

How do you sleep?

A pretty face may last a year or two
But pretty soon they'll see what you can do
The guitar sound you make is muzak to my ears
You must have learned something in all those years
Love it. & Paul's attack needs no lyrical changes for this scenario, it's perfect.

Too many people
Preaching practices
Don't let'em tell you what you wanna be

Too many people, holding back
This is crazy and baby, it's not like me

That was your first mistake
You took your lucky break and broke it in two
Now what can be done for you?
You broke it in two

Last edited:

oh well.

I don't think a reunion was ever happening, but now there's an unpleasant feud narrative to go with everything else.

He always talks like he wants the Smiths to have a proper rock mythology so I don't know why he didn't just stick to creating that & ignoring whatever drama Morrissey had got himself into.

MARR-dARSE

Will this man ever stop his obsession with the genius that is morrissey? He should feel privileged that he has been in his company like so many morrissey fans can only dream about. This is my Christmas tree every year, the artists change each year yet Marr will never be a part of it. The only thing that doesn't change is morrissey on the top

Attachments

• IMG-20220130-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20220130-WA0001.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 0
Have you heard Boxing Gloves Jesse bludgeon songs with his sludge? That's the offence.
dont talk mince,the question was can johnboy sing,the answer is no,do you honestly think he can,he was inspired by the soul singers from the 60s and yet there is not one bit of soul in his voice,monotone changes everything.

The myth of The Smiths which Marr co-created was more powerful than any truth and many have been clinging to it for years, because we all need to believe in something beautiful. Now he decided that he is so successful in his solo career that he can destroy the myth which he no longer needs. But I think he overestimated the situation, and using 'The Smiths' and 'shit' in one sentence was a huge mistake. Nobody wins. I hope he will understand it sometime. Maybe not, because his new lyrics seem to be written by random words generator. Anyway, all this just makes me sad.

Tags
johnny marr
Back
Top Bottom