Lewis Capaldi Plagiarising Moz

One of the lyrics from his new song Heavenly Kind Of State Of Mind seems to rewrite part of There Is A Light That Never Goes Out. To wit:

"Oh Lord, I ain’t afraid to die if it means I’m by your side
It would be such a heavenly way to say goodbye"

Seems pretty blatant to me.

There's always someone, somewhere, with a big nose who knows...

Last edited:
Does he “sing” it in that annoying, mid-Atlantic accent, while shouting/screeching like a man with a sore throat?

Morrissey steals lines from other works too

Given that Morrissey stole about 25% of The Smiths lyrics from other sources, I doubt he'd be bothered.

One of the lyrics from his new song Heavenly Kind Of State Of Mind seems to rewrite part of There Is A Light That Never Goes Out. To wit:

"Oh Lord, I ain’t afraid to die if it means I’m by your side
It would be such a heavenly way to say goodbye"

Seems pretty blatant to me.

There's always someone, somewhere, with a big nose who knows...
Seems the answer to Who Rattled Your Cage is Lewis Capaldi.

Given that Morrissey stole about 25% of The Smiths lyrics from other sources, I doubt he'd be bothered.
Totally
I had a VHS of all Captin Caveman episodes. It was awesome watching them with my boy when he was a kid.
Your name made me smile thinking of those days. Thanks, mate

dont mind lewis,his netflix documentary is very good.saw him in a pub in glasgow a couple of years ago,normal guy no airs or graces.a young guy having a number 1 song in america is pretty special.

talent borrows,genius steals.

Although I find Capaldi amiable and funny, he is far from being a genius. His normal lyrics are pretty bland. Watched that new doc on him, never knew how messed up he is. Good luck to him, though, wish him no ill.

In this case, maybe it would have been more accurate to say …

Capaldi borrows, Morrissey steals.

:cool:

Although I find Capaldi amiable and funny, he is far from being a genius. His normal lyrics are pretty bland. Watched that new doc on him, never knew how messed up he is. Good luck to him, though, wish him no ill.
i was talking about M,lewis is a good song writer for his age,lewis,sheeran,styles they all sound the same with the same slow ballads.
M has stolen a bundle of things from other artists,nothing wrong with that.

yeah i watched the docu,just shows that no matter how much money you have,health is more important,was quite sad at some points.

Back
Top Bottom